The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Artists/Bands You Don't Like..

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay - When I first heard the name I thought they were supposed to be hard. Then I heard them and realized it's chick music.

White Stripes - They just seem to be full of themselves and into image.

Dave Matthews Band - I know a ton of people like them but I just never "got" it.

I'm sure I could think of a lot more. It seems like the bands I don't like kinda lie in the pop, middle of the road area. That's not to say that I don't like a good pop song when it's well written and performed.

My likes tend to be all over the place though. I like everything from Ministry to Merle Haggard to Miles Davis to Alice in Chains to Frank Sinatra to Wagner to Robert Johnson to the Eagles to the Foo Fighters.

Can't say i hate someone. You have to listen to every song someone sings, then decide you don't like all the songs. It's like those people who know 1, or 2 songs of a band and they go "OMG I LIKE THEM"

However there's a certain style i'm really not keen listening: pop. So i just have to say i wouldn't like to listen by any means to all the artists listed above^ (except for Eminem of course)

And let me add: Lady Gaga. She's horrible. And i've listened to pree' much all her songs and have seen the video clips. No. Just no

Metallica

Any hard metal type of music

I can't think of anymore at the moment... :o

:lol:

My list...

All rap, except funny old stuff like The Fat Boys and Sugar Hill Gang.

All techno

All hip hop

All R&B

ACDC

Aerosmith

All modern rock

Basically anything not Metal, Classical or 70's stuff like the Bee Gee's :P

Im a Metal Head for life! \m/

Justin Beiber need to go away!!!!!!!!!

Owl City.... omg!! UCH

and whats those other guys... Allstar weekend.. Basically all the disney channel "stars"

Owl City! bleh! makes me embarrassed to be a Christian!

Also, Stan Walker, Blue October, Green Day, Three Days Grace and Oasis

^ :P I love Green Day (old and new) and 3DG! Ah well.

I cannot stand Lifehouse and other acoustic bands. Like Secondhand Serenade or whatever they are. Strummin' your guitar and singing about how you would die for some girl is pretty lame imo. :rolleyes:

I would add Oasis. Most overrated band  I can think of. But their time is over... hopefully!

I don't know about the most overrated but they're up there. They were part of the Brit Pop movement which was a reaction against Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains and other Seattle grunge bands. I remember one of the brothers (don't know which one - they're kinda like the Olsen twins as one is just like the other and it doesn't really matter) talking about how he hated Nirvana and they were stupid or some such. Not to mention Oasis tried to copy the Beatles and often had lawsuits brought against them because their songs were clear rip offs of other people's songs.

Any time you come from a place of jealousy then you're musical message is gonna be compromised.

• 2 weeks later...