The Emma-Watson.net Forum

NIGHTWISH

I'm such a huge fan of Tarja Turunen, the original soprano singer, too bad they parted.

My favorite songs are Sleeping sun, Passion and the opera, sleepwalker, walking in the air and Nemo.

• 1 month later...

I was introduced to Nightwish back in 2005 when Tarja was still with the band (by a member of this forum actually). Didn't really get into Nightwish until Anette Olzon came on. Granted, Tarja's singing is just majestic even with metal. Kinda been listening to them nonstop for the past month and hyping up for Imaginaeurm, album and movie :yesyes:

Huge huge HUGE Nightwish fan. And Tuomas fan but of course. This man is a genius. I loved the old Nightwish with Tarja, and i absolutely love the post 2007 Nightwish with Anette. I'm actually a huge Nettie fan and i hate it when people still obsess about Tarja and compare them, when they are totally different. I mean Dark Passion Play was an awesome album.

About Imaginaerum why does everyone keep on repeating that it sucks? lol i've listened to the entire album and there's only a couple of songs i didn't actually enjoy :/ I like that there is a lot of Marco in it too. Can't wait for the movie to come out. :D

Huge huge HUGE Nightwish fan. And Tuomas fan but of course. This man is a genius.

tsk tsk lol

About Imaginaerum why does everyone keep on repeating that it sucks? lol i've listened to the entire album and there's only a couple of songs i didn't actually enjoy :/ I like that there is a lot of Marco in it too. Can't wait for the movie to come out. :D

Well hmm, think of Imaginaerum as their soundtrack to the movie with some bonus songs in it. Honestly I quite like many of their songs in Imaginaerum, too bad us Yanks won't be getting the album until January.

tsk tsk lol

Well hmm, think of Imaginaerum as their soundtrack to the movie with some bonus songs in it. Honestly I quite like many of their songs in Imaginaerum, too bad us Yanks won't be getting the album until January.

Don't tsk me the man's perfect :sob: inside out!

I still love you more though <3 :blush:

Gah it will be amazing! I love the two instrumental ones so much. :3 Same here that's why I actually ordered it online and i also downloaded it the day it went out on Finland. Nov 30 i think.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

If Tuomas says he's proud of the job then it must be amazing! Even the behind the scenes photos look awesome, can't wait for the movie to come out. I haven't heard anything about a release date.

And i seriously can't stop listening to Song of myself since the very day the album came out. Ugh all the emotions.

Αlso Tarja came to Athens a couple of days ago, on her final What lies beneath tour, but i couldn't go see her. Stupid exams =[

I SAW THEM LIVE 3 YEARS AGO!!!! At the Exit festival,Dina might remember me mentioning it. And I was right in the front,almost died because of the fire that was shooting from the stage. But they were amazing!!

My sister introduced me to it back in 2003 or 2004. Wait,when did Bless The Child came out? Well,that's when I heard about them! I'm a sucker for heavy metal/rock bands with female vocals,so obviously I was hooked! Loved,loved Tarja. Was quite sad when she left the band! But Anette's not too shabby herself. And it's quite attractive in person,I must say!

Anyways,I could listen to Amaranth (and watch the video) day and night. For some reason,I absolutely adore that song!!

Ugh lucky youuu, even if you had died back then it'd be at a NW concert so no worries :P i'd die to see them live but they did not include Greece again to the Imaginaerum European tour so far grr. But i won't lose hope!

Ugh i love Anette's voice it's so soothing and awesome. Amaranth is awesome indeed!

Edited by Provehito In Altum
  • 3 weeks later...

I stumbled across them in 2003 and they opened my eyes to a very different type of music.

My favourite songs are:

Passion and the opera

Devil and the deep dark ocean

Gethsemane

The Kinslayer

She is my sin

Over the hills and far away

Phantom of the Opera(great cover!!)

Dead to the World

Slaying the dreamer

Planet Hell

although I like almost all the songs with Tarja

I just don't really like Anette...her voice is soo common!

But I still loved "The Islander", "7 days to the wolves" and "Last of the Wilds" from "Poet and the Pendulum"

I must admit I don't know the new album yet....though I love the works of Tuomas I can't stand Anette...I'll stick with

Tarjas Solo-CDs thank you very much!

Tarjas second album "What lies beneath" is even better than the first one....I highly recommend listening to "Until my last breath",

"Anterroom of Death" and "Dark Star"

• 1 year later...