Photo

Can you swim?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Can you swim?

Can you swim?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 padfoot

padfoot

Respected Member

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:57 AM

There are quite a lot of people out there who can't swim, so I wanted to see how many people on the forum can/can't. I swim quite well, I'd swim 24/7 if I had the chance.

#2 Mr. Pumpkinhead

Mr. Pumpkinhead

Advanced Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Mood::Happy =)
  • LocationLooking for Loooove in the Room of Requirement! ;)

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:02 PM

I can float and I can swim for my life a bit, if I had too, as long as I weren't in the open ocean with moderate sized waves coming at me. In a pool where I can stand and rest my feet every now and then I'd be fine. Not sure how long I'd last out in the open ocean without something to grab on to. Probably not more than a couple of hours at most. :sob:

LIFEGUARD! :icontwisted8pz:
Posted Image

Beautiful Emma Watson St. Patrick's Day signature graphic and icon by BoMa
special thank you to BoMa for her talent and her time and to Mr. and Mrs. Watson for having such a photogenic young lady. =p

MY E-FAMILY: e-married to Mrs. Pumpkinhead <3; e-niece: Kim and Kimberley (Kim Twins); e-grandkids: BoMa, Ardi, favorite e-grandchild: Arie<3; e-greatgrandchildren: Will =O, Sarah, Lindy; EX-e-nurse: Carlyn; e-son: Andrew e-daughter: Tara e-soninlaw: Chris e-bestie: Tom jsjs (don't tell Lolly)>.<

#3 sarahelizabeth

sarahelizabeth

Extreme Poster

• Closed Accounts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,809 posts
  • LocationTree Hill

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

most of u all know i been swimming sence i was 2 and i been on swim teams my whole life i was raised in swimming and i love swimming swimming use to be my life thats all i use to do is swim eat sleep school swimming is azming i came in second place on my swim meets out of 80 girls..

wanna keep in touch add me on facebook < sarahs facebook <3

I am a pet Penguin My owner is tara Posted Image

Js buddy:Cat. Aunt:Dina Cycling Buddy: Kimmers Mom: Arie
Brothers:Chandler lil chris ardi joe loverboy Andrew
sisters:Lindy stef amber ellen Kimmie! Grandpa big chris
Great grandpa Jon Great Grandma Noura Neice Karen

#4 Comrade Chris

Comrade Chris

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationProbably in the woods

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

I can swim very well, but you dont realize how well you can actually swim until you have to utilise it in a real life situation, such as if someone you are close to is drowning in a lake and you have to go and rescue them, like the time when I had to go and rescue my dad.

#5 mischief.managed

mischief.managed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • Mood::It's obnoxious to complain, so I can't complain!
  • LocationMt. Crumpet (or Kutztown, PA)

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

I can swim. I guess I'd say I'm an average swimmer. I get tired very quickly, and I don't go swimming that often anyway. The last time I swam was when I went snorkeling in May O.o

you don't have to feel safe
Posted Image
to feel unafraid . . .

"And above all these put on love,
which binds everything together in perfect harmony." - Colossians 3:14

. . .
jade is my sister | joe is my husband | alp is my pet llama
you can call me sammy

my photography blog

#6 Slash

Slash

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts
  • Mood::Rock n Roll
  • LocationIn Chat

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:18 AM

i cant really swim, kinda paranoid of the water, even in swimming pools. SHARKS!!!! lol
Take Me Down to the Paradise City Iii|; )

Posted ImagePosted Image
the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the beauty of her face, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart - the place where love resides

Twins: Arie <3.Children: Denisse and Tom Sister:Alex, Kim, Karen.
Niece: Amby Brother: Chandler, P.Jon is my grandad.Dina is the amazing kouhai.

#7 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Mood::Fearless.
  • LocationCamping out in a positive frame of mind.

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:56 AM

most of u all know i been swimming sence i was 2 and i been on swim teams my whole life i was raised in swimming and i love swimming swimming use to be my life thats all i use to do is swim eat sleep school swimming is azming i came in second place on my swim meets out of 80 girls..

I love that you swim, Sarah!!! People have said that swimming is good for the soul; and it gives a certain healing power.

Have you ever been a lifeguard, Sarah?

i cant really swim, kinda paranoid of the water, even in swimming pools. SHARKS!!!! lol

hahaha. You and me both, brotha. You and me BOTH. LOL. We are siblings for a reason <3333. :yesyes:
----
As for me, I can sort...of swim. haha. Took swimming lessons as a kid one summer before fourth or fifth grade and then had to go back home to school lol.

I'd love to really take it up, but not competitively. I feel like it might be very good for me in terms of healing and just being fit. Apparently, with swimming a person uses muscles they normally don't use while out of the water so it is definitely a full-body exercise!

Last time I was in the water was when I was in Boston Harbor this summer xD. Karen tried to get me to float, and I was too scared :unsure:. hahahaha.

Edited by Prongs, 13 November 2011 - 05:03 AM.

Posted Image

A BIG thanks to the beautiful BoMa, my big sister <3. I know I haven't been around much to talk, but you're more than amazing and I'm so happy to receive this graphic as a gift. Thanks for being so kind-hearted. ;)

Quotes Which Resonate with Me:
"There is no success without determination" -K.S., #24. RIP <3, 2009.
"I don't need any of you to approve of my decisions, I need ya'll to respect them" -Sandra Bullock in 'The Blind Side'.
"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstance. The people who get on in the world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." -George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright.

#8 mischief.managed

mischief.managed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • Mood::It's obnoxious to complain, so I can't complain!
  • LocationMt. Crumpet (or Kutztown, PA)

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:03 AM

That's how I feel!! I'll be in a pool and feel like there's a shark behind me. I'm terrified of swimming at night, too. Imagination goes into overdrive XD

you don't have to feel safe
Posted Image
to feel unafraid . . .

"And above all these put on love,
which binds everything together in perfect harmony." - Colossians 3:14

. . .
jade is my sister | joe is my husband | alp is my pet llama
you can call me sammy

my photography blog

#9 ckravitz

ckravitz

Devoted Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,543 posts
  • LocationSouthern Florida

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:48 PM

I'm kind of in-between the area of "I can... float" and "I am an average swimmer." Closer to floating, though :P

Sisters: Jade, Kimberley, Ellen, Stef, Sarah Brothers: Ardi

#10 sarahelizabeth

sarahelizabeth

Extreme Poster

• Closed Accounts
  • 25,809 posts
  • LocationTree Hill

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:32 AM

I love that you swim, Sarah!!! People have said that swimming is good for the soul; and it gives a certain healing power.

Have you ever been a lifeguard, Sarah?

hahaha. You and me both, brotha. You and me BOTH. LOL. We are siblings for a reason <3333. :yesyes:
----
As for me, I can sort...of swim. haha. Took swimming lessons as a kid one summer before fourth or fifth grade and then had to go back home to school lol.

I'd love to really take it up, but not competitively. I feel like it might be very good for me in terms of healing and just being fit. Apparently, with swimming a person uses muscles they normally don't use while out of the water so it is definitely a full-body exercise!

Last time I was in the water was when I was in Boston Harbor this summer xD. Karen tried to get me to float, and I was too scared :unsure:. hahahaha.

awwh yeah Kimmie I was a lifeguard for 3 to 4 years!! Sence i was 15 until i was like 18 or so!! only During the Summer!! IT is my life I am going be swimming when i am 80 LOL no joke :)

I can give ya guys swimming lessons!! I use to teach them if you guys want any let me know hehe :D

wanna keep in touch add me on facebook < sarahs facebook <3

I am a pet Penguin My owner is tara Posted Image

Js buddy:Cat. Aunt:Dina Cycling Buddy: Kimmers Mom: Arie
Brothers:Chandler lil chris ardi joe loverboy Andrew
sisters:Lindy stef amber ellen Kimmie! Grandpa big chris
Great grandpa Jon Great Grandma Noura Neice Karen

#11 Mr. Pumpkinhead

Mr. Pumpkinhead

Advanced Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Mood::Happy =)
  • LocationLooking for Loooove in the Room of Requirement! ;)

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:06 AM

awwh yeah Kimmie I was a lifeguard for 3 to 4 years!! Sence i was 15 until i was like 18 or so!! only During the Summer!! IT is my life I am going be swimming when i am 80 LOL no joke :)

I can give ya guys swimming lessons!! I use to teach them if you guys want any let me know hehe :D

Sarrie! I'm a good underwater swimmer! :) My only problem is getting back to the surface! :doh:
Posted Image

Beautiful Emma Watson St. Patrick's Day signature graphic and icon by BoMa
special thank you to BoMa for her talent and her time and to Mr. and Mrs. Watson for having such a photogenic young lady. =p

MY E-FAMILY: e-married to Mrs. Pumpkinhead <3; e-niece: Kim and Kimberley (Kim Twins); e-grandkids: BoMa, Ardi, favorite e-grandchild: Arie<3; e-greatgrandchildren: Will =O, Sarah, Lindy; EX-e-nurse: Carlyn; e-son: Andrew e-daughter: Tara e-soninlaw: Chris e-bestie: Tom jsjs (don't tell Lolly)>.<

#12 CheshireCat

CheshireCat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Mood::Dizzy
  • Locationthe outer space

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:10 AM

yes :) swim 300m?maybe...
when you float and feel the wave..Swimming's amazing!

Posted Image

My blood brother: P

#13 Stan'sMommy

Stan'sMommy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Mood::this and that
  • LocationSouth Cali, Hogwarts, South Park

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:34 PM

I'm scared to swim. :( Always have been. I can recall hanging on the neck of the instructor in the pool when I was really little and well, never been able to swim. I remember being in the beginner's class in high school and the teacher told us to jump in the deep end towards the end of the swim time for the year and I broke down and cried. I couldn't do it and was the only one. Thankfully the teacher was really nice about it and comforted me. I'm afraid of water on my face and afraid of going in water that reaches higher than my neck. When it's around there I begin to panic. I have no intention of learning because I will never be in a body of water that I will need to swim in. I try to stay away from water if it's 5 feet deep and over.. deep water I panic over even if it's just a pic. It freaks me out badly.

I think I may have drowned in a previous life. :mellow:

Edited by Stan'sMommy, 18 November 2011 - 11:40 PM.

Call me Rose. ONE week until new South Park episodes!! Can't wait for new Stan!!!
"He's in a sort of different league, Dan. I don't know many 17 or 18 year olds who would have done 'Equus,' and now he's singing and dancing on Broadway. He's dedicated. He takes it very seriously, and he works very hard."- Gary Oldman
Posted Image
Avvie made by me. Sig made by me.
[/color]I ship: Ron/Hermione, Harry/Hermione,Ron/Luna, Harry/Ron, Stan/Cartman, Stan/Kyle,Monica/Chandler, Fry/Leela, Dan/Emma.
EXTREMELY proud supporter of the magnificent Daniel Jacob Radcliffe since 2003. Respect his privacy.
Atheism is not a religion, it's lack of one. I don't believe anyone needs to be 'saved'. We have morals and reasons to live just like Christians do.
I HATE Twilight, its crazy fans and author with a burning passion. It is the biggest cash cow franchise on the planet.

#14 Harleen Quinzel

Harleen Quinzel

Devoted Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:32 PM

I almost drowned once...and nearly drowned a friend in the process (ssshh, we were 9 or 10, 'kay?)
I CAN swim, though....underwater :mellow: Eh, it's not something I HAVE to do so I'm not really that interested in it tbh >.<

tumblr_o5jsc6juyA1ub4z3qo3_500.gif

#15 Emmas Friend

Emmas Friend

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

I can't swim at all, I have a real fear of water, I hated swimming lessons at school.

If water comes down over my face, I have a panic attack, and find it difficult to breathe.

So I don't think I will ever learn to swim.
E-sister - Madeline

#16 Sra.Chois

Sra.Chois

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:27 PM

I can swim but I don't go to the very deep, I'm afraid. I swim in a funny way, my own style, well atleast I do know :P and nowadays my husband is teaching me how to swim properly and I guess I'm doing it very well. *feels proud* (Y)

#17 Ashley

Ashley

Extreme Poster

• Water
  • 11,150 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:28 PM

Yes I'm an average swimmer

#18 Lindalumos

Lindalumos

Advanced Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Mood::Super
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:53 PM

Yeah I can swim very well. Here it's like riding a bicycle, everyone can do it. Most parents take their babies to baby swimming lessons and teach their kids to swim when they're around 4-5 years old

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

#19 Shwalz

Shwalz

Devoted Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:05 AM

I cant swim :(

but like to learn it :)
:wub:

#20 Thessalie

Thessalie

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:07 AM

I said I'm scared of swimming, but I actually know how to swim, as you can do both at the same times haha

I hate to swim because I'm scared of depth in water, more generally I'm scared of water when I can't see what's in there. I feel really bad when I'm in the see and everything around me is dark, or when I'm in the middle of a swimming-pool.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself. 

Desiderata

Max Ehrmann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users