The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Can you swim?

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can float and I can swim for my life a bit, if I had too, as long as I weren't in the open ocean with moderate sized waves coming at me. In a pool where I can stand and rest my feet every now and then I'd be fine. Not sure how long I'd last out in the open ocean without something to grab on to. Probably not more than a couple of hours at most. :sob:

LIFEGUARD! :icontwisted8pz:

most of u all know i been swimming sence i was 2 and i been on swim teams my whole life i was raised in swimming and i love swimming swimming use to be my life thats all i use to do is swim eat sleep school swimming is azming i came in second place on my swim meets out of 80 girls..

I can swim very well, but you dont realize how well you can actually swim until you have to utilise it in a real life situation, such as if someone you are close to is drowning in a lake and you have to go and rescue them, like the time when I had to go and rescue my dad.

most of u all know i been swimming sence i was 2 and i been on swim teams my whole life i was raised in swimming and i love swimming swimming use to be my life thats all i use to do is swim eat sleep school swimming is azming i came in second place on my swim meets out of 80 girls..

I love that you swim, Sarah!!! People have said that swimming is good for the soul; and it gives a certain healing power.

Have you ever been a lifeguard, Sarah?

i cant really swim, kinda paranoid of the water, even in swimming pools. SHARKS!!!! lol

hahaha. You and me both, brotha. You and me BOTH. LOL. We are siblings for a reason <3333. :yesyes:

----

As for me, I can sort...of swim. haha. Took swimming lessons as a kid one summer before fourth or fifth grade and then had to go back home to school lol.

I'd love to really take it up, but not competitively. I feel like it might be very good for me in terms of healing and just being fit. Apparently, with swimming a person uses muscles they normally don't use while out of the water so it is definitely a full-body exercise!

Last time I was in the water was when I was in Boston Harbor this summer xD. Karen tried to get me to float, and I was too scared :unsure:. hahahaha.

Edited by Prongs

i cant really swim, kinda paranoid of the water, even in swimming pools. SHARKS!!!! lol

That's how I feel!! I'll be in a pool and feel like there's a shark behind me. I'm terrified of swimming at night, too. Imagination goes into overdrive XD

I love that you swim, Sarah!!! People have said that swimming is good for the soul; and it gives a certain healing power.

Have you ever been a lifeguard, Sarah?

hahaha. You and me both, brotha. You and me BOTH. LOL. We are siblings for a reason <3333. :yesyes:

----

As for me, I can sort...of swim. haha. Took swimming lessons as a kid one summer before fourth or fifth grade and then had to go back home to school lol.

I'd love to really take it up, but not competitively. I feel like it might be very good for me in terms of healing and just being fit. Apparently, with swimming a person uses muscles they normally don't use while out of the water so it is definitely a full-body exercise!

Last time I was in the water was when I was in Boston Harbor this summer xD. Karen tried to get me to float, and I was too scared :unsure:. hahahaha.

awwh yeah Kimmie I was a lifeguard for 3 to 4 years!! Sence i was 15 until i was like 18 or so!! only During the Summer!! IT is my life I am going be swimming when i am 80 LOL no joke :)

I can give ya guys swimming lessons!! I use to teach them if you guys want any let me know hehe :D

awwh yeah Kimmie I was a lifeguard for 3 to 4 years!! Sence i was 15 until i was like 18 or so!! only During the Summer!! IT is my life I am going be swimming when i am 80 LOL no joke :)

I can give ya guys swimming lessons!! I use to teach them if you guys want any let me know hehe :D

Sarrie! I'm a good underwater swimmer! :) My only problem is getting back to the surface! :doh:

I'm scared to swim. :( Always have been. I can recall hanging on the neck of the instructor in the pool when I was really little and well, never been able to swim. I remember being in the beginner's class in high school and the teacher told us to jump in the deep end towards the end of the swim time for the year and I broke down and cried. I couldn't do it and was the only one. Thankfully the teacher was really nice about it and comforted me. I'm afraid of water on my face and afraid of going in water that reaches higher than my neck. When it's around there I begin to panic. I have no intention of learning because I will never be in a body of water that I will need to swim in. I try to stay away from water if it's 5 feet deep and over.. deep water I panic over even if it's just a pic. It freaks me out badly.

I think I may have drowned in a previous life. :mellow:

Edited by Stan'sMommy
  • 2 years later...

Yeah I can swim very well. Here it's like riding a bicycle, everyone can do it. Most parents take their babies to baby swimming lessons and teach their kids to swim when they're around 4-5 years old

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I said I'm scared of swimming, but I actually know how to swim, as you can do both at the same times haha

I hate to swim because I'm scared of depth in water, more generally I'm scared of water when I can't see what's in there. I feel really bad when I'm in the see and everything around me is dark, or when I'm in the middle of a swimming-pool.

• 3 weeks later...

I can float, but I cannot swim at all. I once had someone try to teach me by throwing me in deep water and he found out quickly that is not the way to teach me. I have a four year old daughter and I am signing her up for swimming lessons next summer, but I am trying to find somewhere that offers them for parents too. When I ask places about me doing swim lessons with my daughter I get crazy looks. 

Edited by KhloesMommy
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...