The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Changing your eye's colour with a laser

A laser can turn your brown eyes to blue

Gregg Homer, Stroma Medical Company, has developed a new laser technology that lets you change the color of brown eyes to blue. The new technology, in which Homer has worked for a decade, is called Lumineyes and has a drawback: once applied, there is no going back.

People with brown eyes have a pigment called melanin in the front of the iris. In people with blue eyes, this pigment is absent in front of the eye. Hence the treatment is based on eliminate melanin front of the iris using laser. The procedure is completed in a record time of 20 seconds, although the blue takes a few weeks to appear.

Although so far there have been few human clinical trials, Homer is expected that the treatment could be available in three years in the U.S., and in just a year and a half abroad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think about this? Another way for some people to seek perfection according to their view?

Isn't this kind of advertising that brown eyes aren't as beautiful as blue eyes? :/ That's really sad.

I think all eye colors are pretty, and people look so much better with their natural color (colored contact lenses = boo!!)

I have brown eyes, and yes, I'll admit that sometimes I didn't feel as if they were that great. But I wouldn't ever change them! Besides, I'd look so bad with blue eyes.

^ Lol....I was thinking of a certain someone here with brown eyes and how good they look when I read that :rolleyes:

Personally I'd have a problem with someone pointing a laser at my eyes for any kind of reason (they are grey-green btw) , but if someone really thinks they'd look better with blue eyes, well....maybe you could even have a kind of blue pattern lasered into your brown eyes?

:D Definitely sounds like something you'd find in a Hollywood private clinic right next to botox treatments and all that other stuff !

Edited by 130671

This is a very interesting piece of information that you posted Will.!! As for myself, I have brown eyes as my color, and I do not plan on chaning my eye color because I am comfortable with how my eyes look.

That's really cool, will! Yeah, I have blue eyes already so I don't have to worry about that, but I think it's kind of sad that it's something that's being made so people can change themselves. But there's already so much of that out there already, so I guess it's just another thing in the pile.

That being said, I think that the technology is super interesting. I remember one year in bio class in high school our teacher was talking about how one day, we can just pick a hair or eye color we want and we could drink something, be injected with something, what have you, and it would change our DNA. That always stuck with me, and now I guess the advancements are being made!

This is cool, yes. But I have a strange feeling this Homer guy will start proposing a way to change a person's hair color to blond and a dietary plan to make everyone slim and tall :P . I mean, seriously, do we really need this?

Oh, and I don't necessarily want someone pointing a laser at my eye. Do you remember the recent Final Destination? You know, when the laser turned on high power and burned straight through the woman's eye? Yeah, no lasers for me :)

The idea is useless in my opinion, but if someone is happy by changing his/her eye's colour, fine for him/her. I've never changed my eye color, I like my brown. Also, I have pretty eyes still :rolleyes: (that's kidding haha). The true is that I'm comfortable with how I look too.