The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Dubstep

Anyone here listens to dubstep? I didn't find topics about it here, feel free to delete it if there are any

If you don't know what dubstep is, you should know that it's simply the most awesome music genre there is..

Myself, i've been to shows by Modestep,Skism,Flux Pavilion,Doctor P,Captain Crunch,Borgore etc..& can i just mention that dubstep parties are the best ^^

So, anyone else shares my love for this music ? :-D

oops can anyone please correct the title -.-

Edited by wanderer

A bit of dubstep here and there is fine, we have been getting more and more played at the venue I tech at, some of it is really quite good (and nero played at our summer ball last year, I only heard the soundchecks, but it sounded amazing, and people said it was mind blowing), but a lot of the stuff I've heard basically seems to be 'lets see how many drops we can squeeze into a song' which gets kinda boring after a while

Skrillex pwns all, i have probably killed my ears bc i listen to dubstep full vol through headphones for at least 1.5 hrs a day.

I'm going to sound like a massive killjoy right now, but you seriously don't want to be blasting music out on headphones for extended periods, it's *so* easy to damage your ears permanently by doing it, I work in live music and am all too aware of the damage that even 'moderately' loud music can do to your hearing, and give it 20 years, are you really going to be prepared to live with permanent tinitus (an utterly horrible condition, speaking as someone that had it on-and-off for 2 years) or deafness?

I like loud music as much as anyone else, but you do need to be careful, especially when listening on headphones, or out at a music venue etc.. to make sure you protect your ears...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to sound like a massive killjoy right now, but you seriously don't want to be blasting music out on headphones for extended periods, it's *so* easy to damage your ears permanently by doing it, I work in live music and am all too aware of the damage that even 'moderately' loud music can do to your hearing, and give it 20 years, are you really going to be prepared to live with permanent tinitus (an utterly horrible condition, speaking as someone that had it on-and-off for 2 years) or deafness?

I like loud music as much as anyone else, but you do need to be careful, especially when listening on headphones, or out at a music venue etc.. to make sure you protect your ears...

Yeah, i'm fully aware of the risks, i dont really listen through headphones anymore, we all just play it out loud considering we all have similar taste in music!

fair enough, like I said, I don't like being a killjoy or anything, but a lot of people don't realize how little volume can damage your hearing (unfortunately, I spent a very depressing evening having to research the noise at work legislation in the UK the other day, and the numbers are much lower than anything I originally thought)

fair enough, like I said, I don't like being a killjoy or anything, but a lot of people don't realize how little volume can damage your hearing (unfortunately, I spent a very depressing evening having to research the noise at work legislation in the UK the other day, and the numbers are much lower than anything I originally thought)

Tell me about it. I like to have days on the shooting range; couple times someone would fire off a few rounds while I wasn't wearing earpro on accident.

In any case, I've always thought dubstep was an actual group. So it's a genre huh. It's pretty big at my uni but I'm not entirely sure if it was just a fad and the students went onto something else. Either way, I've tried getting into electronica music ears ago but couldn't really; I'd say the same about dubstep.

Edited by sirbenedictvs
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sick new tune by Alex Clare, its called Too Close, and its an awesome tune, deffo recommend it to all the dubstep fans here, also recommend Show me a Sign by Modestep, Headrush by 501 and Total Recall by Flosstradamus!

I

HATE

DUBSTEP

With a passion! I can't stand it

I second this.

The fact that it is considered music angers me.

The best description I have ever heard of dubstep is,"the sound of transformers make while having sex". Lol

• 2 weeks later...

Arie, you have quite obviously not listened to a variation of dubstep songs. Its not all about the heavy drops and basslines, that's the well known part of it, but there are many other aspects to the genre. Plenty of dubstep artists prefer to make calmer tunes, like The Mindfucker.

Oh, and never base your judgement of dubstep plainly on Skrillex. He does not make dubstep specifically, he himself even admitted that he has made songs of different genres, and continues to do so.

^ I am not the type of person to listen to one song and blast the whole genre. I know a lot about electronic music in general. My cousin works in the music industry. I know what I like and don't like. Dubstep is terrible, and I am entitled the that opinion. That opinion does not stem from one song. Im not one of those people who blasts without trying that.

Also, you are completely incorrect about the definition of dubstep. It's proper definition is "tightly coiled productions with overwhelming bass lines and reverberant drum patterns, clipped samples, and occasional vocals". Calmer tunes like mindfucker would be considered electronics not dubstep. Dubstep is called dubstep because of its base. I love electronica, the good stuff, not house crap. For example, anything produced by anjunabeats or anjunadeep.

^ I am not the type of person to listen to one song and blast the whole genre. I know a lot about electronic music in general. My cousin works in the music industry. I know what I like and don't like. Dubstep is terrible, and I am entitled the that opinion. That opinion does not stem from one song. Im not one of those people who blasts without trying that.

Also, you are completely incorrect about the definition of dubstep. It's proper definition is "tightly coiled productions with overwhelming bass lines and reverberant drum patterns, clipped samples, and occasional vocals". Calmer tunes like mindfucker would be considered electronics not dubstep. Dubstep is called dubstep because of its base. I love electronica, the good stuff, not house crap. For example, anything produced by anjunabeats or anjunadeep. And there isn't much else to the genre of dubstep, it is just a subcategory of electronica. I think you are listening to elctronica and confusin it with dubstep. They are not interchangeable.

actually i did read it, and i think you'll find that the music produced by mindfucker is classed as dubstep.

Which wasn't the point of my post at all. But it really doesn't matter nor could I care less. Enjoy your music, this conversation is pointless now lol.

• 4 months later...