The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Watson and ADHD

I know it's personal and if she choses not to respond to this is her choice but if Emma does have this problem I think it would be great if she responded to this. She is a great role model and if she can get past this condition it would just show how happy and succesful a person can be even though they have ADHD. A lot of stars that have this have come forward and shared their personal achievments despite having ADHD. There are plenty of male stars like Will Smith who have spoken out on this and Emma would be a great role model for girls who suffer from ADHD. Especially seeing that there aren't many female stars that have it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's personal and if she choses not to respond to this is her choice but if Emma does have this problem I think it would be great if she responded to this. She is a great role model and if she can get past this condition it would just show how happy and succesful a person can be even though they have ADHD. A lot of stars that have this have come forward and shared their personal achievments despite having ADHD. There are plenty of male stars like Will Smith who have spoken out on this and Emma would be a great role model for girls who suffer from ADHD. Especially seeing that there aren't many female stars that have it.

proof? I know Dan had issues with it, but Emma?

I highly doubt she has adhd since we known she has done so well in school. I am not saying ppl with adhd can't do well but it is harder. Plus she went to brown which is a top uni. It would have been pretty hard for her to study there.

If you google "Emma Watson ADHD" There are several sites that include her on a list of famous ppl who have it. Though to me it's just a rumor unless she confirms it herself. So...I was just curious. Unless she confirms it herself it will remain only a rumor. The difference it will make is that if she does have it I think it would make other girls who have it feel better knowing that it doesn't have to affect their lives in a negative way. :yesyes:

Who cares, many people have disorders like adhd, and it's none of our business.

I highly doubt she has adhd since we known she has done so well in school. I am not saying ppl with adhd can't do well but it is harder. Plus she went to brown which is a top uni. It would have been pretty hard for her to study there.

There's medications you can take for it.

^ Medication is not always the best route.

This seems incredibly random, I've never heard rumors of Emma being ADHD nor does she really exhibit any hints of it. Do you have any sources to back up your claim?

I am ADHD, I was diagnosed at a young age and it's run in my family. I go to one the highest ranked and best universities in the world (I won't say which for privacy). I've always been a top tier student and I don't have any social problems. ADHD is a hindrance only if you allow it to be. If you persevere, work hard, and put in the time and effort you can succeed no matter what you suffer from. Anythings possible if you make it possible.

As for the medication comment, I used medication for awhile and found I was far happier, less depressed, and more motivated to work after getting off it. ADD/ADHD is becoming increasing over diagnosed and I think a lot more people would benefit from not taking medication. There are a lot of non-medication routes one can explore and they are quite effective.

http://watsonlove.tumblr.com/tagged/100_facts

I think it comes from this... no idea if watsonlove is linked with Emma or not.

http://www.screenjunkies.com/movies/actors-directors/famous-people-with-adhd/

http://www.addfamilycoaching.com/students-readme.php

Some websites have been claiming it before, too. Could be true, but like I said earlier, I don't believe it's our business. And I don't think Emma will answer this thread neither lol.

Edited by Emmafan45

Yeah, Emma definitely won't post here haha ^.^. Ugh I feel bad, I'm so busy I can't even keep up with Emma rumors anymore T_T. Although I suppose to be fair I never really did :huh:. Oh well whether she has it or not, it's not really something that's bad. She's already a positive role model is so many ways, if it's true it just makes her more so, if not oh well. She's still quite amazing ^.^.

Well said Dax!!! Emma rocks and is an awesome role model in alot of ways!!! :) I teach third grade and have had a few students over the years with ADHD-some severe, others mild. Meds or other ways have helped kids. I do have to say the ones where meds were not used were kind of not the way to go for the kid-it really was the only thing to help them be calmer. But then again there have been kids who have been medicated and that was not the way to go either. So I guess it depends...imo, in general, I think we overmedicate in our country, especially our children (most teachers feel this way).

I feel like if Emma did have ADHD she would have come out with it. She views herself as a role model and she understand it well. Its so clear from everything that Emma does. I think she would have already told us in order to be a role model to fans who struggle with ADHD. So the fact that she hasn't to me means that its just a rumor. If this was something Emma was really suffering with, it would have come out from more then just 3 sites.

I feel like if Emma did have ADHD she would have come out with it. She views herself as a role model and she understand it well. Its so clear from everything that Emma does. I think she would have already told us in order to be a role model to fans who struggle with ADHD. So the fact that she hasn't to me means that its just a rumor. If this was something Emma was really suffering with, it would have come out from more then just 3 sites.

People wouldn't list her for fun neither... maybe she doesn't want people to know it, since there are many disinformations about ADHD and it looks really negative? And some people somehow found it or revealed it. Anyway. Who cares, seriously.

People wouldn't list her for fun neither... maybe she doesn't want people to know it, since there are many disinformations about ADHD and it looks really negative? And some people somehow found it or revealed it. Anyway. Who cares, seriously.

How does it look negative? Its not a negative thing and no one should look at it that way. Emma is a strong person I don't think having ADHD would bring her down. Well obviously the person who made this thread cares......

^ Medication is not always the best route.

This seems incredibly random, I've never heard rumors of Emma being ADHD nor does she really exhibit any hints of it. Do you have any sources to back up your claim?

I am ADHD, I was diagnosed at a young age and it's run in my family. I go to one the highest ranked and best universities in the world (I won't say which for privacy). I've always been a top tier student and I don't have any social problems. ADHD is a hindrance only if you allow it to be. If you persevere, work hard, and put in the time and effort you can succeed no matter what you suffer from. Anythings possible if you make it possible.

As for the medication comment, I used medication for awhile and found I was far happier, less depressed, and more motivated to work after getting off it. ADD/ADHD is becoming increasing over diagnosed and I think a lot more people would benefit from not taking medication. There are a lot of non-medication routes one can explore and they are quite effective.

I wanted to quote this because it's true. I have ADHD and I was also top of my class and I did well in school. However, does Emma have it? She's never spoken about it. I don't think she has it but it's hard to diagnose someone from a far.

For now, it's just a rumor.

And Dax is right. Meds for ADHD is .. not the best thing. There are a lot of non-med things. And yes, I'm gonna say it, weed is one of those options. A few hits (not to make you stoned) calm me down and allow me to concentrate.

This is what i was going to say. There would be no way she would keep this quiet, she seems to be happy to prove herself about her achievements and downfalls for her fans.

I really do think they go after her, with this. Dan was the one with mild ADHD, he spoke about that many times.

Emma no, she's too bold not to bring it up like 'Yes I had this and I'm a winner' type of thing.

Dan does not have ADHD, he has dyspraxia. Why can't people accept the possibility that she has ADHD? I know it's hard to change our conception about someone, but you have to face it.

Dan does not have ADHD, he has dyspraxia. Why can't people accept the possibility that she has ADHD? I know it's hard to change our conception about someone, but you have to face it.

The article in Elle France doesn't quote Emma as saying she has ADHD, or saying that she was diagnosed with it. The way it is written sounds more like they are reporting a rumor.

Could she have ADHD? Maybe.

Could she have been misdiagnosed as having ADHD? Maybe. Apparently it happens a lot.

Could it be nothing more than nonsense someone made up. Maybe.

http://www.harrypotterbox.com/art.php?id=39433

She apparently told that to Elle France in september.

There's no quote from Emma regarding it. It's just mentioned in the article, so they could have just read about the rumor and added it to the article.

This rumor has been around for a while, but Emma hasn't mentioned it at all, so it's most likely a false rumor, because how else would they know about something like that if she didn't say anything?

Edited by KS987

Um, Dan does have a mild case of ADHD and some times I wonder about Rupert. Dan does have dyspraxia (not sure if he is also dyslexic) but he's come out with it so people know that there's nothing to be ashamed of. I think Emma would have done the same thing in the same way that Dan has.

For the record, I have ADHD and I'm dyslexic. I've done pretty well for myself so honestly, there's nothing wrong with it. Just gotta learn what helps you.

Edited by wunderbar

That is untrue, I have ADHD and I graduated 2 years early. ADHD is worked with in Schools so it isnt more difficult and I know many people with ADHD who graduated from top schools like Harvard.

Um, Dan does have a mild case of ADHD and some times I wonder about Rupert. Dan does have dyspraxia (not sure if he is also dyslexic) but he's come out with it so people know that there's nothing to be ashamed of. I think Emma would have done the same thing in the same way that Dan has.

For the record, I have ADHD and I'm dyslexic. I've done pretty well for myself so honestly, there's nothing wrong with it. Just gotta learn what helps you.

yes there's nothing to be ashamed of. exactly:)