• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 dookdookdook

dookdookdook

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:26 AM

Dan does not have ADHD, he has dyspraxia. Why can't people accept the possibility that she has ADHD? I know it's hard to change our conception about someone, but you have to face it.

The article in Elle France doesn't quote Emma as saying she has ADHD, or saying that she was diagnosed with it. The way it is written sounds more like they are reporting a rumor.

Could she have ADHD? Maybe.
Could she have been misdiagnosed as having ADHD? Maybe. Apparently it happens a lot.
Could it be nothing more than nonsense someone made up. Maybe.

#22 KS987

KS987

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:00 AM

http://www.harrypotterbox.com/art.php?id=39433

She apparently told that to Elle France in september.

There's no quote from Emma regarding it. It's just mentioned in the article, so they could have just read about the rumor and added it to the article.

This rumor has been around for a while, but Emma hasn't mentioned it at all, so it's most likely a false rumor, because how else would they know about something like that if she didn't say anything?

Edited by KS987, 19 November 2011 - 04:01 AM.

Emma Watson: The Britsh Beauty.
Qq1N2U.jpg TigerBengal1.jpg

#23 Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker

Energetic member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:22 PM

Dan does not have ADHD, he has dyspraxia. Why can't people accept the possibility that she has ADHD? I know it's hard to change our conception about someone, but you have to face it.

Um, Dan does have a mild case of ADHD and some times I wonder about Rupert. Dan does have dyspraxia (not sure if he is also dyslexic) but he's come out with it so people know that there's nothing to be ashamed of. I think Emma would have done the same thing in the same way that Dan has.

For the record, I have ADHD and I'm dyslexic. I've done pretty well for myself so honestly, there's nothing wrong with it. Just gotta learn what helps you.

Edited by wunderbar, 19 November 2011 - 11:22 PM.

Be true to yourself even when others do not understand.
Posted Image
PSN: rejecteddemo :: Steam :: Tumblr :: Deviant Art

#24 ~*Skittlez*~

~*Skittlez*~

Novice Member

• Water
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Mood::Tired
  • LocationIn my mind!!!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:04 AM

I highly doubt she has adhd since we known she has done so well in school. I am not saying ppl with adhd can't do well but it is harder. Plus she went to brown which is a top uni. It would have been pretty hard for her to study there.

That is untrue, I have ADHD and I graduated 2 years early. ADHD is worked with in Schools so it isnt more difficult and I know many people with ADHD who graduated from top schools like Harvard.
Posted Image
[Kudo's to Hermione for the awesome sig and avvy!]
You can Call me Chrys!!!

#25 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:15 AM

Um, Dan does have a mild case of ADHD and some times I wonder about Rupert. Dan does have dyspraxia (not sure if he is also dyslexic) but he's come out with it so people know that there's nothing to be ashamed of. I think Emma would have done the same thing in the same way that Dan has.

For the record, I have ADHD and I'm dyslexic. I've done pretty well for myself so honestly, there's nothing wrong with it. Just gotta learn what helps you.

yes there's nothing to be ashamed of. exactly:)

xct3kl.jpg

sig by me

#26 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:20 AM

That is untrue, I have ADHD and I graduated 2 years early. ADHD is worked with in Schools so it isnt more difficult and I know many people with ADHD who graduated from top schools like Harvard.

If you read my post you would notice that I wrote,"I am not saying people with ADHD can't do well but it's harder." that is true and you can't deny it. By definition school is harder for people with ADHD. Can they overcome it? Yes. Can people with ADHD do well? Yes. But is it harder? Yes.

And not ever school works well with students who have ADHD. Actually it's been a huge problem because many private schools refuse to deal with the issue.they don't want to pay for special a teachers ect. Public schools are required, but private schools are not. I went to a. Private high school and I haves few friends who had to switch schools.

I never said a person with ADHD can't succeed because I don't believe that. But it is more challenging. That's fact!

That's nothing to be ashamed of! I a dyslexic too. A lot of my family is, and I have been a straight A student for most of my life. I have to work crazy hard, but I get through it.

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#27 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:22 AM

Bottom line is, NEVER believe what they write in the press, unless it's a fact(already proven) or it is backed-up with official statements.
Because they'd write ANYTHING to get attention to their articles/sell.

xct3kl.jpg

sig by me

#28 trixie

trixie

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:27 AM

As with everything that isn't confirmed, I always say: Its just a rumour. True or not.
there's nothing I N T E R E S T I N G about being P-E-R-F-E-C-T.

#29 tabitoo

tabitoo

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSouthKackalacky

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:23 PM

Let me reiterate this is a rumor. I haven't seen anywhere where Emma has stated this as a fact or commented on it. About a year ago I was researching ADHD and ADD because of my son. While doing so I found lists of actors with it and Emma's named showed up on the list. Then the other day I happened upon a site where it was mentioned again and wondering about it I decided to ask the question here. Seeing how so many fans visit this site I thought that maybe someone here could verify it through an article where Emma herself has talked about it. I don't expect Emma to actually reply to this topic. She may not even have it. I just thought that if she did then it would be a great achievement for her to have accomplished all that she has despite having it, and that she would be a great inspiration to ppl who do have it. That's all. :rolleyes:

#30 Emmafan45

Emmafan45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:51 PM

Where did he state it? Never heard it.

#31 mischief.managed

mischief.managed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • Mood::It's obnoxious to complain, so I can't complain!
  • LocationMt. Crumpet (or Kutztown, PA)

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:58 PM

Why can't you accept that she probably doesn't? Like other people have said over here, I'm very positive that Emma would have told her fans if she had it.

you don't have to feel safe
Posted Image
to feel unafraid . . .

"And above all these put on love,
which binds everything together in perfect harmony." - Colossians 3:14

. . .
jade is my sister | joe is my husband | alp is my pet llama
you can call me sammy

my photography blog

#32 ~*Skittlez*~

~*Skittlez*~

Novice Member

• Water
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Mood::Tired
  • LocationIn my mind!!!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:11 AM

If you read my post you would notice that I wrote,"I am not saying people with ADHD can't do well but it's harder." that is true and you can't deny it. By definition school is harder for people with ADHD. Can they overcome it? Yes. Can people with ADHD do well? Yes. But is it harder? Yes.

And not ever school works well with students who have ADHD. Actually it's been a huge problem because many private schools refuse to deal with the issue.they don't want to pay for special a teachers ect. Public schools are required, but private schools are not. I went to a. Private high school and I haves few friends who had to switch schools.

I never said a person with ADHD can't succeed because I don't believe that. But it is more challenging. That's fact!

That's nothing to be ashamed of! I a dyslexic too. A lot of my family is, and I have been a straight A student for most of my life. I have to work crazy hard, but I get through it.

I apologize if i am coming off wrong, but it isnt harder for alot of people, for some yes, For me school wasnt harder, I opted for homeschooling, but not because of difficulty in work, but for my issues in the public schools in the area i am in, The students were violent toward me, but as far as studying and acedemic work goes, it went by fairily easy, and all my friend with ADHD are all in the same boat, I am not denying that for some it is difficult but of all the people i have met, they dont have issues with it.
Posted Image
[Kudo's to Hermione for the awesome sig and avvy!]
You can Call me Chrys!!!

#33 4ever_watsonian&westlifer

4ever_watsonian&westlifer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Location..off to my own little world..

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:23 AM

..as for me, it wouldn't really make any difference if she has ADHD or not...
Posted Image
Feel free to Email/ IM me.. See ya'll around!

#34 Tiffany

Tiffany

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:14 AM

^ That's how I feel, but either way I doubt that something she would tell her fans.

button.pnglIfCrv3.png
pll16.png

#35 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

Where did he state it? Never heard it.

it was stated in a few interviews, can't link you to any of them, But I read about it.

xct3kl.jpg

sig by me

#36 Athena

Athena

Advanced Member

• Closed Accounts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

This is only a rumor. None of us know for sure if she has ADHD. But if she did, she would have let us know.

#37 patz1307

patz1307

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

Well, she may be in one of the top Unis in the US, ADHD would not hinder it as long as she is under medication or she was seeing a psychologist back when she was first diagnosed. I have ADHD and was seeing the doctor consistently for 5 years until the doctor gave me the okay. It won't go away but with seeing the doctor, they give some trianing on how to cope with ADHD or theprescribe some meds that you'd have to take from then on. Just proud to say that she's been my role model since day 1 I saw her in the movies and inspired me. I've already graduated college despite having ADHD.

#38 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

@patz1307:

Do you think it makes sense to exhume such an old thread again?

"Benutze es!" = "Use it!"

„Dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.” John Updike

#39 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

@patz1307:

Do you think it makes sense to exhume such an old thread again?

If you would have paid attention you would have seen that Patz1307 is a new member. When you first come on here as a new member it is not always so obvious which threads are way over and done with. S/He was most likely only responding to something they found interesting. We should be welcoming not rude.

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users