The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay um I have quite a few blogs that I have shared with other people. We post and we collaborate together.

This is my main blog: http://ecisive.tumblr.com/

Funny blog with my friend: http://unicornsare-cool.tumblr.com/

Teenager posts: http://teenag-ers.tumblr.com/

Food blog: http://foodpara-dise.tumblr.com/

Fashion blog: http://eloq-uence.tumblr.com/

I've followed you all on my fashion blog. Cheers! :)

• 2 months later...

Lindy: I'm struggling to find your personal blog? Your graphics one contains the link to an old ladies blog?

Right now I have two tumblrs. I am using both everyday. I have one for posting pictures that I adore and another for everyday things. IE Quotes, personal posts, reviews etc.

Once again you might be wondering why I started a new one for personal posts? My family found my new one again so now I'm just using it for pictures. I'm not following or promoting it to people I know in real life because it's my friends who's handing it out to my family. Even though it doesn't contain any posts to do with family they don't like the fact I'm using the internet to blog so I'm going into hiding if you will. :P

PICTURE: winter candy (I deleted all side blogs to this IE Graphics)

PERSONAL: mockingjay93

Edited by Hermione
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I posted mine a while back but I've kinda changed the sorta feel and topics of mine.

Where as it was me posting random things I dreamed about I've changed it, I now talk about...

Problems with music

The downfall of mainstream society

Self Respect and treating yourself properly

Things that P**s me off

Straight Edge (Well I will eventually)

And the positive and negative of Christianity and being a Christian (Again, I will soon enough)

I kinda don't really post so much for other people to read, I mean I do want people to hear what I have to say because I think I stand on fairly good morals, but its more for me, I wanna vent what I have to say. I've only got 7 followers for crying out loud.

And if someone tells me how to add some sorta Q&A section then I will.

ANYWAY!

The link my good sir/madam

• 4 weeks later...

^I never use the custom one's they're so tacky but there are people who make them and allow you to use their personally made themes. I myself always use the same persons themes as they're so beautiful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I started this blog because of my passion for becoming a journalist. I tried to promote it and it flopped, so I stopped posting 3 weeks ago. However, I've been applying for jobs with magazines and I have a job working for a magazine, so I think it is about time I start efficiently writing on this blog before I move down to London. If it goes anywhere, I will convert to blogspot as it is a little more professional. If anyone knows of any other professional blog sites, please, let me know.

http://sourburst.tumblr.com/

I won't be filling it with personal things, maybe about certain articles I have to write or how Universities can be etc but mainly just creative writing, hoping to expand.

If anyone knows of any other professional blog sites, please, let me know.

Personally I'd go with WordPress.com with your own domain name. That said, I use Tumblr for my design sketchblog (with a custom domain), and I definitely don't think it has an effect on professionalism AND it has the added bonus of a community that can find your work via hashtags and sharing which is a major benefit in terms of marketing your work to a broader audience.

If you need any help on the web customization side of things, let me know. (I'm a web designer, professionally. :P )

Personally I'd go with WordPress.com with your own domain name. That said, I use Tumblr for my design sketchblog (with a custom domain), and I definitely don't think it has an effect on professionalism AND it has the added bonus of a community that can find your work via hashtags and sharing which is a major benefit in terms of marketing your work to a broader audience.

If you need any help on the web customization side of things, let me know. (I'm a web designer, professionally. :P )

The thing that put me off using Tumblr is the fact everyone uses it for re-blogging images and have indefinitely forgot what it there for. My friend however, uses Tumblr for her Journalism blog/portfolio and she told me that's how she got two of her jobs because her employers found her there and she now works for London's largest music magazine. :o

I've noticed actors and some directors use wordpress though. I joined a few months ago but couldn't get the hang of it. D: I am thinking somewhere down the line, that I will convert.

The page looks fantastic :o I'll read it when I can remember but I've let my tumblr die (along with twitter after about one week :P) so I don't go on there much.

If I'm being honest I stopped going on all together for a few months. The passion for re-blogging images disappeared.

I tried doing this blogging sort of thing on My Jounral but I'd rather use that for my personal entries.

Edited by magicbeans
  • 3 weeks later...

Argh, guys I am very excited about this! I have converted to blogspot. The magazine I work for said a more professional feel would do and I'm also currently in the midst of getting a domain name. :D You can check it out here.

Edited by magicbeans