The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Problems with food, somebody else ?

Hi everybody,

I have had troubles with my alimentation for several years now, I am what they called a boulimic-anorexic, though I love eating (know that this seems paradoxical). Am I the only one ? I know yhis forum is quite a fun one, and that it is not about complaining all together about how hard is our life, etc. I am just curious to see if I am the only disturbed one in here ;)

And also, my interest for Emma Watson kind of started because of this disease, so I thought it could be interesting to ask...

I used to have issues with my eating habits when I was in highschool. I literally ate nothing, but when i did eat i would chew a bit then leave it. I dont think i was anorexic - just was annoyed with the world because i was getting bullied. Never had a issue with my body so it wasnt like i was doing it on purpose to get slim. I started to behave when i passed out during one of my running sessions at school.

I also have a small stomach i think, because when im eating i get very full very quickly. When im at a restaurant with friends or the boyfriend, they eat loads and i can only have a little bit and i have to leave it. i always feel rude having to hand the plate back - i have to explain myself to the waitress because they always ask, "was everything okay for you?"

Since getting my new boyfriend, and i pretty much live at his now so i cook alot for him. And the first time i did it, i gave him the same amount i would give myself and my family at home. He ate it all and was still hungry. So i think i have a issue but im not underweight so i think im fine :)

• 4 weeks later...

yeah, you seem to be ok with food, it was probably a way to deal with your suffering during a while... not eating a lot is not a disease at all ! if you are healthy and happy and all :)

i'm better these days, just trying to eat the way i feel i should... not the way i think i should ! not always easy, but i believe a lot of people, even not anorexic or boulimic, have forgotten how to eat well nowadays, so maybe my case isn't that bad ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I've had problems with food in the past, when I was a teenager I used to take laxatives to make myself loose weight. I wasn't overweight but I thought I was fat, I was chubby when I was younger and I think that made me think I was chubby as I got older as well.

After having my son I did put on a few stone and was quite large, again I turned to the laxatives.

However April last year I discovered slimming world, I joined a group and I have lost over 2 stone and am now happy with my weight and also know I'm healthy as its a healthy eating plan rather then a diet plan, you can eat loads on it so I never have to starve myself or worry about making myself sick (which personally I've never been able to do, or taking the laxatives) as I know if one week I do eat too much, I can bring it back and loose any weight I put on healthily.

I am still a little obsessed with my weight, but I don't think I'll ever loose that. I think for some people it looks like a problem, but I don't think it is, I'm just making sure I stay a healthy weight and don't go too far either way.

iv had problems with food as well in the past.

years ago i hardly ate anything, which caused me to faint two times. second time really shocked me as i fell down two flights of stairs due to fainting. i was bruised all over.

and then theres binge eating. i could eat loads and loads of junk food and not feel full. but i never threw up. i ate maybe two times day, but then i ate everything in sight.

Edited by #winning
  • 1 month later...

Hi Joanne !

I'm sorry, I've been off for a while, I had personnal issues these last weeks but it's getting better. Are you ok with meat now ? Because if it's still difficult to eat some, you should try veggie recipes so you don't get too many deficiences...

and how did you stop all this ?

I don't know how I stopped really, I found slimming world, which is a great healthy eating plan. Although I haven't done so myself, I do think if you have a problem you should tell someone, it will be much easier to stop if you have support from loved ones

I told my boyfriend two years ago, it wasn't easy but it helped, a little. The thing is, he is very sweet and helpful but he just doesn't see the point of doing all this. He eats when he is hungry and that's it. SO he can't really understand... But now I feel more like speaking about it to friends, only when I do, I say that it is over, which is not really true... I'm getting better, kind of growing up actually, but it's not over. My best hope is that I have been able to start exercising again a few weeks ago, and even if I can't do everything I practiced before, I feel better in my body.

Thanks for your answer, it is good to hear about people who have been in trouble but are not into this anymore :)