The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Merry Christmas

There's not a topic and I wanted to start one for those who celebrate. I won't be on much from now but my main point for starting a topic was to ask you all a question. I never noticed a christmas topic so I thought I'd start one. Maybe we can use it to count down? OR ask questions of our own for each day of the count down? OR talk about traditions OR even just to wish each other a Merry Christmas.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

EVERYONE

DAY 9 Question: What sets a better atmosphere opening presents in pyjammas or in the daily clothes?

In my eyes I like the feeling of being in my pyjammas because it sets a better christmas day atmosphere. My auntie makes her children (and me when I sometimes go down) get ready before, but it always feels like a chore getting ready before when all you want to do is open your presents. This year I'm planning on getting ready before though so I can relax after.

Tom: That's awesome! Oh and I find it weird getting dressed first. D:

Joe: That I understand. :P

Cathrine: You open them on Chritsmas Eve? That's weird I've only done that once but only my boyfriend's presents. We didn't see each other Christmas Day so we opened them with each other on Christmas Eve.

^Why may I ask?

Cathrine: You open them on Chritsmas Eve? That's weird I've only done that once but only my boyfriend's presents. We didn't see each other Christmas Day so we opened them with each other on Christmas Eve.

everyone in norway celebrate it on the 24th :)

i find it weird celebrating and opening the gifts in the morning :P lol

"In Argentina, Austria, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Quebec, Romania, Uruguay, and Sweden, Christmas presents are opened mostly on the evening of the 24th, – this is also the tradition among the British Royal Family, due to their mainly German ancestry – while in Italy, the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, English Canada, South Africa, New Zealand and Australia, this occurs mostly on the morning of Christmas Day. In other Latin American countries, people stay awake until midnight, when they open the presents."

Learn something new everyday! lol

Edited by Harris Hawk

I used to love opening presents in my pj's but this Christmas because I'm a "grown up" I have to a.) tell my mom and uncles what they should get for me and b.)get dressed because I go to church in the morning. I feel like the element of surprise came with wearing PJ's and now we've just all grown up so it's not fun anymore :(

But hey, Christmas is about more than presents :)

when we use to get togetter in my family we all opened ares on christmas eve and still do my whole family pretty much works my grandma wokrs and my cousins they all work and most of the family works so we alwyas opened are prenests on christmas eve.. lol

ohh tom thanks for that lol that was very useful(: u come i handy lol

We'll be opening presents in PJ's we always have done, come down for Santa presents and for people who are there in the mornings presents. I couldn't expect Mack to eat his breakfast and get dressed before opening his presents. I'll probably end up having to rush and get ready before going to my mums for dinner lol. I've bought some new PJ's and a dressing gown especially to wear Christmas eve lol

My family and I open present either on Christmas Eve or Christmas day depending on circumstances. Last year, we opened presents on Christmas Eve because my mum was too excited to wait and insisted we open all the presents, so we did. Sometimes we open our presents on Christmas Eve because my parents had to work on Christmas day and they leave for work very early in the morning.

I think this year, we'll open our presents on Christmas day because my family have the time to do so. We are allowed to dress or wear our pjs during present opening, my parents don't mind either way.

Christmas has officially started in our household now, schools out and Ash had his last day at work today :D

Tomorrow I think we're just going to relax but on Sunday we have a carol service to go to, lunch with my mum and nanna and then we're going to a panto with a few other family members. I can't wait, its going to be so Christmassy :P

We're visiting Ash's parents sometime before Christmas but not sure when and Mack is going to have breakfast with Santa on Friday, so its quite a busy week we have before Christmas, which will be nice. Just hope it doesn't all go too quickly

So what's everyone asking for for christmas? I really need my books bought for next semester cuz I have pretty much no money (yay being poor), and I need printer ink and shampoo and stuff. I also asked for some shirts for stuff that I want, not stuff I need. So if I get those then that'd be a plus but I'm not expecting too much. Money is also good :rolleye0012: