The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Hello ladies and gentlemen. Today I saw and heard about a new movie that will come out in theaters soon. It is called "The Hobbit" and it was made and directed by Peter Jackson from the Lord of the Rings series. Here is a small quote that explains what the movie is about:Bilbo Baggins, a Hobbit, journeys to the Lonely Mountain accompanied by a group of dwarves to reclaim a treasure taken from them by the dragon Smaug. I won't be able to see it in theaters when it comes out because I will be busy with college and other responsibilites as well. Here is the traier from the movie, and for those of you who will see it, I hope you have a fun and safe time watching it in theaters.:

• 2 weeks later...

I am so excited for this since I am a huge LOTR fan!!!

I am so happy Peter Jackson is directing and that Howard shore is doing the music! It's sure to be just like LOTR. So pumped!!!!!

• 8 months later...

I thought their was a topic for this but maybe not! I love the book and I'm so excited for the part 1 in December. Please let there be other fans here. A new trailer come out a couple of hours ago and it has a strong likeness to the book!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^No.

I seen it Thursday and may I just say it was VERY disappointing if your a hardcore fan and have read the books. I see how critics slammed it.

BUT WITHOUT SPOILING

They changed one scene and added in a whole new sub-plot which is extremely cheesy AND they had the cheesy element of saying every chapter name in their dialogue.

It was half brilliant and half disappointing to me. But I have read the book, an additional 3 times the past two weeks too.

Thorin however, I have obsessed over Richard for years. He was so freaking hot he made it worth it.

WITH SPOILING

How freaking dare they change the scene in the cave. I quite like Bilbo screaming and Gandalf saving himself, it showed power and pride.

I hate the extra sub-plot with a dying passion. It is disgustingly cheesy. What is wrong with Peter Jackson? I mean god knows why he had to have that extremely crap table discussion scene and a necromancer really?

I like how they are not showing the dragon until the third film though.

AND Although the Gollum scene was funny I think it was horrible how they made him skitzo. Bilbo didn't find out he was talking to himself until he ran out of the tunnel.

DON'T even get me started on the freaking Orcs. That was ridiculous!

THE ODD THING I LOVED:

They used all the songs, and majority of the 6 chapters from the book apart from changing one scene.

I love how they portrayed Bilbo and Thorin.

I love the fact they used the same sets and landscapes.

Edited by magicbeans

^haha :P

I saw the movie today for the 2nd time! If I had more money I'd probably watch it like 10 times! I loved it. Not a single moment I didn't like. I can't, I caaaan't wait for the next one to come out, but then I think to myself

Battle of the Five Armies and then I just want to crawl into a fetal position and cry.

Also, the soundtrack is amazing, Ive been obsessed for days!

Edited by Nekyia

I saw it tonight and even though there were 2 or 3 times where I thought Jackson was stretching it too much it was a fun movie....but I didn't think it would be that LONG!
Almost three hours? With a break in the middle? Extended version even now? One of THREE??? :lostit:
I guess I didn't realize what Jackson meant when he said he had "so much material"...

But it was great nonetheless. I barely remember the book facts now, but it had all the things I wanted to see in a movie about MiddleEarth....awesome vistas, good fights, well designed props&stuff...and this time even more "stand up comedy" (forgive my lack of better terms) in the dialogues of digital creatures :D...

Especially memorable was Radagast's statement of "...but these are Rhosgobel bunnies!!!...." :lol: (that is just for ppl who have seen it)

So yeah, lots of artistic liberties but fun to watch anyway.
Want more.
Right now!
:mad:

i thought it was pretty good as well!

I loved the actor who played Bilbo(younger version) i thought he did a very good job. And the actor who played Thorin did great as well.

I always feel so sorry for Gollum-even though he is evil lol

But i'm confused..i know there is a second part, but is there also a third part as well?