The Emma-Watson.net Forum

What's the meaning behind your name?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine, in my county, can mean "pigeon" or "chick". Well, when I was in middle school they often used me as a carrier pigeon to bring people back together... but I don't think it has anything to do with my name :P

Karen is the danish form of Katherine, which means pure.

I'm pure enough lol. :P

my middle name is Lee which is a type of meadow although my dad just really liked bruce lee and so named me after him :D

If I spell my name as my parents named me it's just the name of a flower. Now it's line in Spanish ;).

No one seem to be really sure of what Maria means though. Rebellious, something with the sea, loved, strong, gracious, sorrow, mistress, etc. I don't really know.

:P Which is the nice way to say.... "backward savage".... lol :lol:

Hey how did HSV play last weekend btw ?

Nah, he was the chief opponent of Charlemagne an imperialistic king, hence he fought for the freedom of his people, against christianity. Nough said.

Off-topic much? You can ask me that question in the Sports Forum.

Nah, he was the chief opponent of Charlemagne an imperialistic king, hence he fought for the freedom of his people, against christianity. Nough said.

Off-topic much? You can ask me that question in the Sports Forum.

LOL ....yeah I thought it was time for me to do that again....:D

Oh, and my first name means "God is gracious" or something like that... But I was named after Joan Baez, with a more British/Breton spelling, so in my parents' mind it had nothing to do with religion. I am now a christian, though.

HOLLY

it is a festive holiday plant, with red berries and spiky green leaves:

I think I was due in Dec but was born late November instead. I forgot what my parents said lol. Either way I'm a holiday baby.

Edited by Stan'sMommy