The Emma-Watson.net Forum

What's the meaning behind your name?

Sarah means Princess lol

I have no idea what my name means -.-

In case your full first name is Samantha, it is believed to be an amalgamation of the male Samuel with the female Anthea.....which means something like "name of god" and "blossom" , respectively.....it also seems to be a fairly "new" name as it appeared only in the last 200 years or so.....

:)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarah means Princess lol

I have no idea what my name means -.-

thats in Israel but in the bible sarahs name was Frist Sarai!! then When she had her baby it got changed to sarah i been told Sarah means Grace!!

btw Sammie it is princess i just looked it up but i am confused because My pastor tells me it means grace!! :mellow:

i know in Israel it means Princess but in the bible i think it means grace :mellow: i am confused LOL

i would like prciness better anyyways

Edited by sarahelizabeth

thats in Israel but in the bible sarahs name was Frist Sarai!! then When she had her baby it got changed to sarah i been told Sarah means Grace!!

btw Sammie it is princess i just looked it up but i am confused because My pastor tells me it means grace!! :mellow:

i know in Israel it means Princess but in the bible i think it means grace :mellow: i am confused LOL

i would like princess better anyyways

I think sarai means grace adn sarah means pricness :D lol

maybe thats what it is

Edited by sarahelizabeth

Samantha is actually my middle name. I think it means listener xD My first name is Tiya. I just looked it up and apparently it means "A Bird". :mellow:

I think sarai means grace adn sarah means pricness :D lol

maybe thats what it is

Sarah and Sarai both mean Princess. You are correct that Sarah, from the Bible's, name was changed from Sarai too Sarah. They have the same meaning. It's not Israel it's Hebrew, and it's Biblical Hebrew actually. In Modern Hebrew Sarah doesn't have the same meaning. The Bible was originally written in Hebrew so that is where the meaning comes from. I have never heard Grace in reference to the name Sarah. Grace is a different name, actually there are a few. (In ancient Hebrew at least lol)

Sarah and Sarai both mean Princess. You are correct that Sarah, from the Bible's, name was changed from Sarai too Sarah. They have the same meaning. It's not Israel it's Hebrew, and it's Biblical Hebrew actually. In Modern Hebrew Sarah doesn't have the same meaning. The Bible was originally written in Hebrew so that is where the meaning comes from. I have never heard Grace in reference to the name Sarah. Grace is a different name, actually there are a few. (In ancient Hebrew at least lol)

awwh thank you arie this helped A TONS a better understanding I love how smart you are thanks hun

hahah waell still i am glad you know because i been told it meant pricness then someone told me it means grace so i am soo CONFUSED lol

Glad to help! It is always a good thing to know the origins of your name.

OH LOL i probaly didnt see it :P

see how muich i dont pay attetion LOL

beilief of faith

thats really cool

i love how everyones name means something differnt

Hahaha know worries, it's the meaning of my Hebrew name. Don't know what Ariebella means, not important to me.

Even though people always associate my name with the Devil,Satan,Lucifer,Beelzebub and everything that is horrendous and evil,Damian (or in my case Demian,spelled differently because of that book) actually means "to conquer, master, overcome, tame". And it's of Greek origin...I think.

• 2 weeks later...