The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I don't know if there is a topic about it yet, if there is please delete this one.

If u're wondering about the picture.. (^^) I love to add pictures to topics. It makes topics more interesting (I think.)

Do you smoke?

When did you try?

Have you ever tried to stop smoking?

I have never tried to smoke. I don't know, but it's just not my thing.

And I hate when someone smokes in my presence. I just don't feel good.

And I was wondering if it's wrong to ask people to just go a step back and smoke?

Because I really can't stand it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never Smoked in my life!!

I dont plan on to either!! beause smoking has been in my family and my whole family has smoked

2nd hand smoking is really bad i tell you that it is one of the things that affects people more then Actallty smoking

I grew up with 2nd hand smoking! and it is Awful i was sick all the time because of it!!

Smoking is Gross and people that smoke around me i cant take it!

Same, I never tried because I am afraid I wouldn't be able to stop, which is kind of stupid because I just hate the smell and all, but after all, I don't see why I should try to overcome this fear. I know it's bad for one's health and I don't like seeing my people smoking, but other things are bad such as alcohol, etc. And if I don't smoke, I can't pretend I have never drunk. But I think it would be hard to share my life with a smoker, even if he was careful.

To answer you junkie, I often ask people (at least my friends and relatives) not to smoke too close to me. If you ask it kindly then I don't see why it would be wrong. Just avoid to be moralistic.

I smoke sometimes when I'm partying but that's it. If you're not a smoker, it's gross but when I'm partying I don't mind haha!

And of course it's not wrong to ask people to step back, just do it in a nice way and they probably won't mind.

Smokers and non-smokers tend to disrespect each other sometimes, it should be the other way. :)

I never tried smoking and I will never go near it either. Same thing about other drugs and alcohol. I just can't stand being near them or ever thinking about trying them. Because I know for a fact that if you keep smoking, it causes lung cancer (at least that's what I know from my point of view).

I never smoked and I will never. Besides that fact that I think it's disgusting, my grandfather died of lung cancer. Because of that it's just not something I could ever see myself doing. Also, I am extremely health conscious. Smoking is so bad for you on many different levels. I dance and am very active, I won't let anything get in the way of that. Also, I hate what it can do to your voice.

I am a regular smoker and go through half a pack a day (10 sticks) give or take. I tried my first cigarette when I was 15, and honestly said that I'd never touch that garbage again. Trust me when I say this, your first cigarette is always your worst cigarette. But I didn't actually start smoking until I was 17. To be quite honest, I enjoy smoking. It's not about the nicotine or any addiction to it, I actually enjoy doing it. I've tried quitting a couple times cold turkey but ended up picking up the habit again few months later.

To nonsmokers I understand your reasons not to smoke and all. When around my friends at a bar or wherever I ask permission if I can smoke around them and when in public I make sure that I go to a "designated" smoking area. What really annoys me is when I'm in those "designated" areas(and by designated I mean right next to an ashtray) and someone would walk by and deliberately cough. I know for a fact that my smoke is not affecting their breathing at that moment and why the heck do they go out of their way just to walk by me and cough?!

But I smoke and given certain occasions I also smoke cigars(even though they're not the same as cigarettes as far as how they're consumed)...I think there are only maybe 3 or so smokers on this forum... including me

Edited by sirbenedictvs

Never smoked. Never taken an interest to it. I think I can safely say I will just never smoke. I can't stand it when people smoke either -.-

Edited by mischief.managed

I don't smoke, I used to hang around with all the smokers at school because I agree, the culture of smoking is actually quite nice, a lot of the time the people sat inside not smoking were quite boring (I did have friends at school who didn't smoke I'm not saying none smokers are boring don't get me wrong) but in a lot of situations it was nicer to go outside with the smokers, like when I did my exam to get a alcohol licence, I stayed inside for the first break and everyone sat in silence for 15 minutes, so the next time I went outside with the smokers and had a nice chat and a laugh.

Personally I do find smoking disgusting, it's bad for your health and it gives you so many other problems, it makes you smell and turns your teeth and finger nails yellow. It really isn't for me. But although I don't understand why you would smoke, I don't disrespect smokers, as long as they're reasonable with their smoking. It was annoying in Disney land when the designated smoking area's were always empty but people were walking around the park smoking!! It's a children's theme park for goodness sake!!!!

Most of my friends who smoke are actually quite respectful and will ask permission before lighting up and make sure they're stood so the smoke isn't blowing in other peoples faces. I've never been hassled to have a smoke either, although I've hung around with smokers they've never felt the need to try and get me smoking.

iv never tried smoking, and i don't intend to either.

growing up i did have a lot of friends who were smokers, and they asked several times if i wanted to try, but i always declined, and i'm really happy i did that. such a bad habit, and it costs a fortune.

I actually like the culture of smokers, but not the actual smoking. The culture is very social and laid back. Smoking, however is just gross.

Girls that smoke loose about 90% of what attractiveness I find in them.

I don't smoke, I used to hang around with all the smokers at school because I agree, the culture of smoking is actually quite nice, a lot of the time the people sat inside not smoking were quite boring (I did have friends at school who didn't smoke I'm not saying none smokers are boring don't get me wrong) but in a lot of situations it was nicer to go outside with the smokers, like when I did my exam to get a alcohol licence, I stayed inside for the first break and everyone sat in silence for 15 minutes, so the next time I went outside with the smokers and had a nice chat and a laugh.

By the smoking culture, do you mean like back in the era of Frank Sinatra and Audrey Hepburn? The social culture then, cigarettes played quite the role. Aside from the health effects that started emerging about smoking, smoking was regarded as classy to a certain extent. Big band clubs and house parties were the glamorous bunch; a cigarette and a martini was something everyone was seen with. In my opinion, the smoking culture today has changed quite a lot. But the friends I have that do smoke, they're the type that do look towards those old days.

thank you, I won't even try to smoke.

If it helps you more about that first cigarette. The first time you actually inhale, it feels like your lungs are on fire and your chest is about to burst. After 2 or 3 drags of that cigarette, you probably would never want to touch it again. In either case, if you haven't started... don't.

Started when I was like 17, with 2 or 3 sticks a day.

Stopped like 17 years later, at 23-26 sticks a day.

Did it out of curiosity, just to see if it was possible.

It was. Took me like 3 weeks of continous reduction, and voila!......:rolleye:

6 years and I really don't think much about starting again now lol......wish everything in life was as "easy" as that....

If it helps you more about that first cigarette. The first time you actually inhale, it feels like your lungs are on fire and your chest is about to burst. After 2 or 3 drags of that cigarette, you probably would never want to touch it again. In either case, if you haven't started... don't.

I haven't started and I don't even want to. thanks.

To put it lightly,I smoke like a chimney. Smoking is my favorite thing in the world! If there was some kind of smoking competition,I bet I could win something! I started when I was 17 and never looked back. And even though I am perfectly aware of all things bad involving smoking,I have absolutely no desire to quit. At least not any time soon.

And even though I'm an avid smoker,I am considerate to others. When I find myself in the presence of non smokers,I always ask if it's okay to light one up. Which is rare since all my friends are chimneys!

So yeah,it's a stupid,stupid,delicious habit. And me being the stupid bozo that I am,I must say we go well together. :yesyes:

I have smoked on and off for years. I started smoking when me and my best mates thought it would be hilarious to try this single cigarette one of my mates stole of their mother. Do i wish i never tried that one cigarette? Hell yes. Because it started my smoking habit which i am not impressed with sometimes. I tried smoking when i was 12, and i quit when i was 15. I managed to stay off the cigarettes for a few years, mostly because the boyfriend i was with stopped me from hanging around with my old friends and he didnt smoke or his mates. So i managed to stay away from them.

But I tend to turn to cigarettes when times get hard for me, if im majorly stressed i buy a packet, if i am upset i buy a packet etc. Some people turn to therapy or alcohol when times get tough i turn to cigarettes. They tend to mellow me out, and i can just sit and have one and nothing will upset me for the short time i have one.

I started up again soon after my mother died, the day of her funeral I smoked a good five cigarettes within a hour before i had to drive me and my sister to the church. I then smoked in secret all year till i told my boyfriend at the time, finished him and continued to smoke all over again hard. Smoked about 15 a day give or take until me and my current boyfriend quit at new year. But like clock work me and Chris had a row this week, i bought some cigarettes again and smoked again lol.

Basically all i can suggest to those thinking of trying it. DON'T!!!!! Once you are a smoker you will continue to go back to it no matter what. The smell will always entice you in, the culture will entice you in and the thought of chilling out with one entices you in.

I have never smoked an entire cigarette; the most tobacco I've ever had was a drag from a cigarette, which I immensely disliked, and about half a cigar My Dad and I shared. It was alright. I do, however, smoke marijuana.

Once you are a smoker you will continue to go back to it no matter what. The smell will always entice you in, the culture will entice you in and the thought of chilling out with one entices you in.

:0_0: Hey, I don't plan on going back there?!?

I smoked for a year and quit. I had 2 years not smoking, I was repulsed by it.

Then I met new people get mixed up in all sorts and started smoking again for about 9 months. Until I ended up in a traumatic position and quit drinking as well as smoking again.

THEN I stopped for 2 years. I smoked for about 2 weeks in November and now I've quit again and I'm repulsed by them again.

I have to agree with Andrea about going back. :P

That was the best bit. Going outside. Fresh air. I haven't been feeling the cold though. Hasn't been cold in the UK for about a year now. D:

That's what got me smoking in Bakery, my close friend smoked and on breaks he went out for a fag. It was a long journey to get outside but it was refreshing.