The Emma-Watson.net Forum

All non smokers don't understand why smokers smoke. Heck even some smokers don't understand why they smoke. But to some of us,going outside,lighting a cigarette and taking that first drag...man,there's nothing like it. I can't explain it and I don't expect people to understand it,but smoking is my thing! My favorite thing to do! Just talking about it makes me wanna go and light one up!

P.S. I overused the word 'smoke'...in all it's variations!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nearly all my friends at College smoke and I hate it, I don't understand why they do. Plus we have to go and stand outside in the cold <_<

You didn't have to join them outside :mellow:

All non smokers don't understand why smokers smoke. Heck even some smokers don't understand why they smoke. But to some of us,going outside,lighting a cigarette and taking that first drag...man,there's nothing like it. I can't explain it and I don't expect people to understand it,but smoking is my thing! My favorite thing to do! Just talking about it makes me wanna go and light one up!

^this :yesyes:

Because apart from in college, I don't see anyone, must be a good few years since I went out with any friends or even have them come round. I lost all of my high school friends due to me pretty much dropping out the last 2 years, and my attendance wasn't great before that. So the people in my class are the only people I talk to on a regular basis so I can put up with the smoking sometimes.

I have a question, would you encourage others to smoke?

Well said.

I have a question, would you encourage others to smoke?

How low do you think we are?

By the smoking culture, do you mean like back in the era of Frank Sinatra and Audrey Hepburn? The social culture then, cigarettes played quite the role. Aside from the health effects that started emerging about smokin g, smoking was regarded as classy to a certain extent. Big band clubs and house parties were the glamorous bunch; a cigarette and a martini was something everyone was seen with. In my opinion, the smoking culture today has changed quite a lot. But the friends I have that do smoke, they're the type that do look towards those old days.

Nah its the fact that you can socialize and interact with others. Where as drinking its just loud music and loads of people in a dark room. I enjoy talking to people.

That was the best bit. Going outside. Fresh air. I haven't been feeling the cold though. Hasn't been cold in the UK for about a year now. D:

Doesn't that kinda not work? Going outside for fresh air and then smoking?

I dunno......

My experience with smokers is so different!! In my uni there are tons of people who smoke but they don't feel the need to take a break and go outside. I have never expeirenced being the only one left or anything like that. I always have someone to hang out with and someone to talk too ect. I don't really have any experience with the smoking culture because I never felt the need to. But, I understand the like of it if you are the only one stuck inside. Also, where I live now it's getting harder and harder to find someplace to smoke. Most places on campus you can't, even outside. There are a few designated areas though. They are trying to take a stand to get kinds to stop, I think it's working.

as for something Jeremy mentioned a while ago about disliking how people cough when they walk by him smoking. I am super sensitive when it comes to any sort of smoke, not just smoke from a cigarette. I cough from the tiniest bit. There may be others out there too who are sensitive to this. Some could just be annoying, don't hate all of us coughers!! Lol

Nah its the fact that you can socialize and interact with others. Where as drinking its just loud music and loads of people in a dark room. I enjoy talking to people.

You've just never been with the right drinking crowd. One example I can give is the club/bar scene here where it's full of loud music and douchebags versus the pub scene here where its more about a bunch of dudes (and girls) having a great time talking with each other over a few drinks. Don't know if I've stated this before but most of the time when I drink with my friends it usually having intellectual conversations over beers and cigarettes.... and burgers, fries, fish, pretzels. mmmmmm

as for something Jeremy mentioned a while ago about disliking how people cough when they walk by him smoking. I am super sensitive when it comes to any sort of smoke, not just smoke from a cigarette. I cough from the tiniest bit. There may be others out there too who are sensitive to this. Some could just be annoying, don't hate all of us coughers!! Lol

I can definitely tell when someone coughs on purpose not because of the smoke but because of me smoking. They're mocking me. I mean like I said, they go out of their way just to walk by me and cough.

I can definitely tell when someone coughs on purpose not because of the smoke but because of me smoking. They're mocking me. I mean like I said, they go out of their way just to walk by me and cough.

Fair enough. I trust your judgment of course!!! That's just weird then. Nothing better to do then pretend to cough? lol

Fair enough. I trust your judgment of course!!! That's just weird then. Nothing better to do then pretend to cough? lol

Arie,doesn't this smoking topic ring a bell?! :lol:

Someone asked if we smokers would pressure someone else into smoking,and the answer is obvious....YES! I would drag a non smoker into my basement and tie him/her to a chair and make that said person smoke till the cows come home! And when they do,they will say this:

*for those not seeing through my sarcasm - I'm joking. I'm a smoker,not a monster!

Arie,doesn't this smoking topic ring a bell?! :lol:

Someone asked if we smokers would pressure someone else into smoking,and the answer is obvious....YES! I would drag a non smoker into my basement and tie him/her to a chair and make that said person smoke till the cows come home! And when they do,they will say this:

*for those not seeing through my sarcasm - I'm joking. I'm a smoker,not a monster!

ROFL too both comments. :lol:

sorry I am such an abusive friend!!! :3m_sie:

• 2 weeks later...

:0_0: Hey, I don't plan on going back there?!?

One day you might lol.

I smoked for a year and quit. I had 2 years not smoking, I was repulsed by it.

Then I met new people get mixed up in all sorts and started smoking again for about 9 months. Until I ended up in a traumatic position and quit drinking as well as smoking again.

THEN I stopped for 2 years. I smoked for about 2 weeks in November and now I've quit again and I'm repulsed by them again.

I have to agree with Andrea about going back. :P

Thank you lol I thought i was alone on that one. I cant help but fall into that stupid trap over and over lol.

haha could not have put it better.

The thing is, I DONT KNOW WHY I SMOKED! it is so frustrating looking back at it. Constantly lighting up whenever i felt that urge, smoking in my car, on breaks at work, breaks at uni, smoking in my garden at home. Spending loads of money every day, £7.07 a packet because i had to smoke Marbolo lights which as everyone knows is one of the most expensive. When Sammy my best mates smokes Sterling, which is miles cheaper at £5.60 i think. WHY lol so frustrating but my god i miss it lol.

I used to smoke (big on natural substances than cigarettes). I didn't smoke just to be social or because I was addicted. I used to have really bad anxiety problems and it really helped me calm down and not go into one of my attacks. I would probably smoke around 3-4 times a week, give or take. Definitely cut down on it though. I hardly ever smoke anymore and if I do it would just be a few hits.

As far as smoking cigs, I hate it. I've picked it up for a bit but my lungs would just feel awful afterwards. I don't mind smokers, I'm so used to the smell, but I don't suggest anyone should pick up the habit.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's a student in my class who has one of those. He started smoking it in class and there was actual smoke but you couldn't smell anything. Not even a scent they could have added like peppermint. It was just nothing. He said they work and you can just keep reusing it at you own will.

I'm not to sure about the electric one you posted though as it says without the smoke. Because smoke still comes out. O.o

• 1 month later...

There's a student in my class who has one of those. He started smoking it in class and there was actual smoke but you couldn't smell anything. Not even a scent they could have added like peppermint. It was just nothing. He said they work and you can just keep reusing it at you own will.

I'm not to sure about the electric one you posted though as it says without the smoke. Because smoke still comes out. O.o

yeah, I know.. You can't smell anything. and it's weird. And I was just wondering what is in it? where's the smoke coming from? :o idk.

It's just water vapor. That "smoke" you see is just like steam. The vapor inhaled is infused with chemicals like nicotine which makes it popular for smokers who want to 'smoke' anywhere. The vapor exhaled is just plain water vapor.

I've tried those but it just didn't feel/taste like the real thing.

Edited by The Midnight Q

I started smoking again... It's only like the odd one every week or so but it got that bad I brought a pack. I used to get the odd one every now and then and eventually brought a pack. The day I brought them I was HIGHLY stressed and smoked two and I haven't touched the pack for like three weeks. But I crave another one. I might just keep them and have one every time I get stressed or something. I won't smoke them for the fun of it because I'll end up starting smoking full time.

I used to smoke cigs, but I haven't for 2 1/2 weeks. I'm on patches, but since I couldn't afford this week I got the electronic cig, my ister is on it too. It does blow out smoke but it's not like an actual cig smoke. Just faintly there and yeah it doesn't have a smell. Just tastes mechanical. if that make sense...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 20 and I've never smoked or even tried it. Of course I've felt curious about what it would be like, but I'm completely sure I will never try it for several reasons: first, singing is my biggest passion and want to keep doing that. Smoking would ruin my voice. Second, if I want to stay in good health, I don't think smoking will help me.