The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Dan and Rupert not close friends

I always knew that, seen that. It was obvious that they're not close, just pals. Which is okay with people that worked together, in my opinion.

Do I talk to all my former classmates? No. So it's not really news worthy.

Yeah, I agree. They seem like two very different ppl, and they don't even seem close when taking pictures together but I still don't believe that Dan would say all that to that magazine. I think he really likes both Rupert Emma.

He talked about Rupert twice during a recent interview with a big smile on his face yet he didn't even say a word about Emma. and Rupert did say "I love you" to both Dan&Emma,and I just don't see him as a person who wouldn't just say that.

In fact, I don't think the trio ever has been as close as their caracters

Edited by trixie

Well, I think they were asked to look closer than they were really ro promote the movies. I do believe that Emma And Dan are very good friends, though, but Rupert has always seemed to be the "different" guy. He hasn't the same hobbies and all, I think, even if I don't know much about him. He doesn't look for fame that much as well, he seems to be hesitating much more than the two others.

But actually, there's nothing wrong with them not being that close. You can share a lot with someone during a while and then don't keep in touch. It happens all the time

Well, I think they were asked to look closer than they were really ro promote the movies. I do believe that Emma And Dan are very good friends, though, but Rupert has always seemed to be the "different" guy. He hasn't the same hobbies and all, I think, even if I don't know much about him. He doesn't look for fame that much as well, he seems to be hesitating much more than the two others.

But actually, there's nothing wrong with them not being that close. You can share a lot with someone during a while and then don't keep in touch. It happens all the time

Yeah, I agree, that's how I feel about them too.

My whole feeling about this is why should they be close friends? I get that they worked together for many years. There is no reason that they should be best friends. They are not actualy Ron and Harry lol. I never suspected that they were close.

Agree.

They were coached to look like they were buds off the set as well because if the fans (most of 'em young) didn't think they were friends in real life then that could hurt the movie financially. It's a different story with grown up movies. I don't think anyone is under the impression that Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis and Ed Helms are really buddies outside of the movie. They may get along well but I don think they're at each others house cooking ribs and drinking beer on the weekends.

Anyway, I just thought it was an interesting tidbit.

Edited by The Dude

Agree.

They were coached to look like they were buds off the set as well because if the fans (most of 'em young) didn't think they were friends in real life then that could hurt the movie financially. It's a different story with grown up movies. I don't think anyone is under the impression that Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis and Ed Helms are really buddies outside of the movie. They may get along well but I don think they're at each others house cooking ribs and drinking beer on the weekends.

Anyway, I just thought it was an interesting tidbit.

This makes sense as to why Dan and Rubert are not friends. I actually have never noticed it from watching behind the scenes from the movies in the old days of Harry Potter.

Daniel recently was asked at the woman in black premiere a couple days ago and talks about whole thing got blown out of proportion.

http://movies.uk.msn.com/features/daniel-radcliffe-to-perform-with-florence-and-the-machine

Clearing up the rumour, Radcliffe said: "We haven't fallen out! That's been blown so far out of proportion. "It's not that we've fallen out. It's just that we're both extremely bad at texting people back and meeting up!" the Woman in Black actor added. "We have been like it for ten years!" Radcliffe said.

Yeah, I agree. They seem like two very different ppl, and they don't even seem close when taking pictures together but I still don't believe that Dan would say all that to that magazine. I think he really likes both Rupert Emma.

He talked about Rupert twice during a recent interview with a big smile on his face yet he didn't even say a word about Emma. and Rupert did say "I love you" to both Dan&Emma,and I just don't see him as a person who wouldn't just say that.

In fact, I don't think the trio ever has been as close as their caracters

I agree. They will always be connected, but they aren't best friends.

• 3 weeks later...