26 replies to this topic

#21 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Mood::Fearless.
  • LocationCamping out in a positive frame of mind.

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:53 AM

Honestly,I haven't thought about it in a negative connotation. I guess,if you think about it (which I obviously haven't) there could be some issues with it and it could be used in a wrong way. I just thought it could be another mindless fun. Which I still think it could be. So,my name remains on the list.

To be perfectly honest,I don't know many people on this forum so I can't generalize,but the ones I do know wouldn't misuse it. I think it could be useful and fun. Plus,it can always be shut down if it turns out a disaster. But,I'm good either way,forum or no forum! :)

Like my "other half" (of my brain...) said, aka Demian, I will be honest and admit that I hadn't thought of the negative uses an Anonymous Forum would have. I honestly can't see why someone would misuse it, although some people can and/or do. And, honestly, I can't give heed to "bashing", control, hurtful comments to others, or arguments. How old are the majority of us, anyway?

And, if I were to answer that, I would say the mean age here is the 20's bracket, although we do have older and younger members than that. It's a matter of personal responsibility. If anyone can't conduct themselves with integrity and/or dignity and give consideration to others, they would ultimately be to blame, not the forum in question.

The Anonymous Forum proposed may have a flaw, but everything that is made by humans is also flawed, no? We won't know the outcome, unless we try it. I read Revan's intention, and I still stand by my signature.

I think a forum like this could be fun and interesting to explore; it would do a good job removing stigma from certain issues people might otherwise be reluctant to speak about (but not hide). And I feel Revan is thoughtful enough to excercise his best discretion. And, if not, he would have fellow moderators/admins to seek advice from.

Best of luck. ;)

Thanks for Your support, I appreciate it. Every post is attached to an IP address; of course, anyone who posts truly targeting things in the Anon forum could easily be uncovered by their IP address and any associated accounts swiftly banned.

Absolutely right, Demian. There's no reason not to at least experiment with the idea, as it can easily be terminated if out of hand. What concerns might You have, and do You have any ideas on how to solve them?

You can indeed ask a moderator to post for You, but that would be a ton of extra work on the mods! With this anonymous forum, any member with any concern can easily and anonymously voice it, or anonymously give feed back to the concerns of others. In addition, thanks for the concern about the password. Instead of a password, We could use a permission shield that permits members with access given by moderators, similar to how the other Member Forums work.

~Revan

I do like the permission shield and IP idea.

I hope it all works out.
Posted Image

A BIG thanks to the beautiful BoMa, my big sister <3. I know I haven't been around much to talk, but you're more than amazing and I'm so happy to receive this graphic as a gift. Thanks for being so kind-hearted. ;)

Quotes Which Resonate with Me:
"There is no success without determination" -K.S., #24. RIP <3, 2009.
"I don't need any of you to approve of my decisions, I need ya'll to respect them" -Sandra Bullock in 'The Blind Side'.
"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstance. The people who get on in the world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." -George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright.

#22 Mouse Rat

Mouse Rat

Energetic member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

Absolutely right, Demian. There's no reason not to at least experiment with the idea, as it can easily be terminated if out of hand. What concerns might You have, and do You have any ideas on how to solve them?

The same ones Arie,Richie and Dina pointed out. I haven't thought about the negative side of this forum. That it can be misused and as a tool to bash,insult or attack others. But like I said,the people I know wouldn't do such a thing and I still think it could be great fun. You know what they say,you can't win a lottery if you don't buy the ticket. So,I stand by my signature.

Plus,the people who would use it in a disrespectful and negative way could always be track down and removed from the forum altogether.

Like my "other half" (of my brain...) said, aka Demian, I will be honest and admit that I hadn't thought of the negative uses an Anonymous Forum would have. I honestly can't see why someone would misuse it, although some people can and/or do. And, honestly, I can't give heed to "bashing", control, hurtful comments to others, or arguments. How old are the majority of us, anyway?

And, if I were to answer that, I would say the mean age here is the 20's bracket, although we do have older and younger members than that. It's a matter of personal responsibility. If anyone can't conduct themselves with integrity and/or dignity and give consideration to others, they would ultimately be to blame, not the forum in question.

The Anonymous Forum proposed may have a flaw, but everything that is made by humans is also flawed, no? We won't know the outcome, unless we try it. I read Revan's intention, and I still stand by my signature.

I think a forum like this could be fun and interesting to explore; it would do a good job removing stigma from certain issues people might otherwise be reluctant to speak about (but not hide). And I feel Revan is thoughtful enough to excercise his best discretion. And, if not, he would have fellow moderators/admins to seek advice from.

This. One mind,girl we still got it!! :D

Posted Image Posted Image

#23 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Mood::Fearless.
  • LocationCamping out in a positive frame of mind.

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

This. One mind,girl we still got it!! :D

Most def. :) After all these months haha.
Posted Image

A BIG thanks to the beautiful BoMa, my big sister <3. I know I haven't been around much to talk, but you're more than amazing and I'm so happy to receive this graphic as a gift. Thanks for being so kind-hearted. ;)

Quotes Which Resonate with Me:
"There is no success without determination" -K.S., #24. RIP <3, 2009.
"I don't need any of you to approve of my decisions, I need ya'll to respect them" -Sandra Bullock in 'The Blind Side'.
"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstance. The people who get on in the world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." -George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright.

#24 Majestic122

Majestic122

Novice Member

• Fire
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

1.Joe O'Connor aka wheneverythingfalls
2.Demian aka Demian
3.Kim aka Kim LOL
4.Provehito In Altum
5.Athena aka Andrew
6. Hermione
7. Majestic

I support this idea. I agree with Revan that IPs could be used to uncover whoever would be behind verbal abuse. If it doesn't work out, then we can always abandon the project, right? I can imagine the need for anonymity (even more so than a username) in some cases, and I think that if it allows people to speak their mind on for example personal issues, it may help that person overcome those issues.

#25 Revan

Revan

• Wind
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Mood::Love
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:41 PM

Thanks for all the input, everyone! I'm really, truly surprised at the response Y'all have given to this idea. Three more signatures, and We can start putting this into reality!

I can imagine the need for anonymity (even more so than a username) in some cases, and I think that if it allows people to speak their mind on for example personal issues, it may help that person overcome those issues.

This. That's the key idea of this forum. :)

~Revan

Edited by Revan, 02 February 2012 - 06:44 PM.

Who I am is not important; only my message is.

Slytherin House

#26 Revan

Revan

• Wind
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Mood::Love
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

Bumpin' this back to front page in case some of the regular users haven't seen it.

~Revan
Who I am is not important; only my message is.

Slytherin House

#27 clarabelle

clarabelle

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

1.Joe O'Connor aka wheneverythingfalls
2.Demian aka Demian
3.Kim aka Kim LOL
4.Provehito In Altum
5.Athena aka Andrew
6. Hermione
7. Majestic
8.Clarabelle

You have my backing on this it's a great idea, if it's used properly, i would love to be able to help others as much as possible or get help on some hard to approach subjects :yesyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users