The Emma-Watson.net Forum

New Role for Emma with David Yates

David Yates wants to work with Emma again and the movie is "Your Voice In My Head". Emma will play a suicidal young woman who is seeing a psychiatrist in NY. The psychiatrist could be playted by Tom Hanks or George Clooney...sounds good to me. :ohyeah:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was rumored a while back, since Yates mentioned he had a role in mind for Emma in one of his upcoming projects. But it was mainly speculation. Now it seems Emma's been linked to this project. I hope we get confirmation on this in the near future.

Here's an article with more details on this project:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/02/harry-potter-reunion-for-warner-bros-david-yates-and-emma-watson-on-your-voice-in-my-head/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

This is apparently a memior by Emma Forrest. She had loads of problems including bulimia, self harm, and manic thoughts. After a suicide attempt she begins seeing a psychiatrist. He saves her life but then dies from cancer. This is a true story and evolves around the life of Emma Forrest including self-destructive relationships with actors, which may or may not include Colin Ferrall. I myself hope that Chris Evans plays the role of GH "who may or may not be Colin Ferrall". I think if Chris Evans broke my heart I would lose it. Even though Colin is very good eye candy in a bad boy way...Chris Evans is eye candy in a GOOD bad boy way. :yesyes:

Okay so I read the memoir yesterday, and woah... This is going to take some serious acting skills. If Emma pulls this off then it will be a huge boost for her acting career. I'm talking Oscar potential, though I'm sure Yates felt the same when he decided to take the project. If you want to read it by the way you can download a free kindle app to your PC at Amazon.com, and then purchase the story for only $8.00 U.S. Well worth it and a really good read. Knowing it's a true story just makes it all the more amazing, and picturing Emma W. doing the scenes from the book as Emma F....well lets just say this would be a test of skills for any actress. If the script stays true it will be rated R so I don't advise anyone under 16 to read this story; very adult role. That being said I really hope this comes together soon and really happens because it will be Amazing! "Your Thoughts In My Head" by Emma Forrest ;)

After reading the book I've changed my mind. GH should not be played by Chris Evans. Even though I do very much enjoy looking at Chris Evans. He should instead be played by James McAvoy. He's got the qualities that Emma F saw in GH. Also I think Simon should be played by Corbin Bleu. Dang...I'm so excited about this if it doesn't happen I'm going to be depressed no pun intended. Also, as I'm venting, what's taking so long with "Perks" taking so freak'n long comming out. I know that it's becuase they want it to be released closer to award season because they think it has the potential of getting a nomination but seriously just let it leak on the net already and I promise I'll still pay to go see it in Sept.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

More updates and it really seems like this movie will happen with Emma still in the talks.

Emma Watson is nearly set to reunite with her Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows director David Yates for Warner Bros. adaptation of Emma Forrest's poignant memoir Your Voice In My Head. Here she'd portray a suicidal writer, devastated by a recent breakup, who is only pulled back from the edge of self-destruction by her therapist, who is terminally ill. Last month early reports revealed that the studio was hoping to land a major A-lister for the part of Watson's shrink, but now Oscar-nominated supporting player Stanley Tucci has entered negotiations to take on the commanding role.

Now, Tucci may not have the fame of a George Clooney--who was said to be interested—but he's an incredible actor who is currently burning up screens nationwide as the garish and grandiose TV personality Caesar Flickerman in the record-breaking Hunger Games. Perhaps this exposure was enough to convince Warner Bros. to set aside their A-lister ambitions, and relish in the wonder that is Tucci. The man is an absolute marvel, bounding from comedies like The Devil Wears Prada or Julie & Julia to dramas like The Lovely Bones and Margin Call, creating catty fashion editors, loving husbands and merciless child murderers with an awe-inspiring ease. He brings so many possibilities to the table, and would surely prove a solid scene partner for Watson, who is blossoming beautifully out of her kiddie pic beginnings.

Notably, while Your Voice in My Head is aiming to shoot this summer, Warner Bros. has not yet graced it with a green light. Variety suggests the studio is waiting for a worthy cast to commit first, as they plan to groom the feature for the 2013 award season, particularly prepping Best Actor accolades. So, Tucci, please sign on, so we can have Your Voice in My Head to look forward to this winter.

Edited by trixie

First of all-Emma in her first lead role will be freakin amazing to watch-even better her first lead role will be under David Yates :) he knows her so freakin well and she knows what to expect from him. Just win win ;) Emma cant wait to see yas girl in Perks and BR and finally your first lead role :)

Tucci-would be PERFECT-he did Tale of Despereaux with Emma :) now to take on this role of her I guess sounds like guy who saved her life is just also perfect.

I am so psyched for this movie-it will have alot of "meat" to it and we will see Emma in her first lead role!!! :) my friend has been asking me when will she start doing lead roles-we just have to wait til next year for the release! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Notably, while Your Voice in My Head is aiming to shoot this summer, Warner Bros. has not yet graced it with a green light. Variety suggests the studio is waiting for a worthy cast to commit first, as they plan to groom the feature for the 2013 award season, particularly prepping Best Actor accolades.

It sounds like this has not been completely cast. I don't think she's ever met her, but I would love to see Emma work with

Kate Winslet. She's a heroine and fantastic actress. I think they'd get on well together. :yesyes:

• 4 weeks later...

First off I also want to say I wish David Yates and his family the best...I pray the health situation gets better soon.

Second I really hope Emma will be able to do this movie-really want to see her as lead!

They will have at least a few months before filming begins but it sadly doesnt sound promising if they cant find a new director.

I too wish David and his family all the best, and hope complete health is restored soon.

IMO Emma will drop out too in solidarity with David. No Yates/No Watson. The main purpose of her doing this movie, was

to reunite with Yates. David has his priorities in order-FAMILY FIRST. It's too

bad the writers/producers are so damn greedy. :angry:

Yates was forced to drop out of the film for personal reasons involving a family health situation. Apparently he really wanted to do the film, and even wished to postpone the project until his personal situation was taken care of, but sadly the writers and producers didn’t want to wait.

They obviously never heard of PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE--ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT.