The Emma-Watson.net Forum

New Role for Emma with David Yates

I too wish David and his family all the best, and hope complete health is restored soon.

IMO Emma will drop out too in solidarity with David. No Yates/No Watson. The main purpose of her doing this movie, was

to reunite with Yates. David has his priorities in order-FAMILY FIRST. It's too

bad the writers/producers are so damn greedy. :angry:

They obviously never heard of PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE--ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT.

I highly doubt Emma only got involved in this film because Yates was directing it in order to have a "Harry Potter reunion". She most likely took the part because she wanted to play Emma Forrest as she feels that it will be an great role for her. Yates being the director was most likely a bonus as she would have been working with someone she worked with in the past and whom she ws used to. The whole "Harry Potter reunion" hype was mainly by the media.

I doubt she will walk away from the film just because Yates left. She may even be excited to work with a new director(which they hopefully find soon)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think that Emma took it solely because of Yates either however, I think the idea of being someone she knows and who knows her work, may have been an added incentive to take on a lead role. Something Emma has never done before-I am psyched to see her in this if the movie goes thru. If not this one, then def another movie that will have her play the lead. She is too talented to do supporting roles only-it's time to see her shine in the lead :)

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Emma's replaced

I am so crushed and heartbroken if this is really true, that emma's replaced with emily blunt.

REALLY looked forward to see her in this, I thought it's golden globes oscars material for her.

I guess if Em didn't wanna do it because of her getting the degree and all, I'd be okay with knowing; where's

the official statement please?

REALLY looked forward to see her in this, I thought it's golden globes oscars material for her.

well, it could have been a real stepping stone. She could also have slipped and crashed and burned horribly.

I had faith in her that she would deliver a really good performance that would have changed people's perceptions of her radically.

Like I remarked in a conversation, as Emma said to Jonathan Ross, "you want to know if I'm fucked up". We really did Emma, or at least we wanted to see if you could act the part. This could have been that opportunity. :(

Edited by Sacred_Path

Emma's replaced

I am so crushed and heartbroken if this is really true, that emma's replaced with emily blunt.

I guess if Em didn't wanna do it because of her getting the degree and all, I'd be okay with knowing; where's

the official statement please?

It appears to be true. You can see an interview with Stanley Tucci who is playing the psychiatrist talking to Digial Spy, and he says Emma is out, and his sister-in-law is in. :rolleyes:

Maybe Emma wasn't as interested after Yates left the project.

I can't follow there. The premise of the movie sounded interesting enough, though I can imagine all sorts of ways in which the realization could go wrong. By definition though, this kind of movie focuses strongly on the individuals actors' performance; she would have been really in the spotlight there.

It's possible that maybe she didn't trust an unknown director with leading her into such territory.

I can't follow there. The premise of the movie sounded interesting enough, though I can imagine all sorts of ways in which the realization could go wrong. By definition though, this kind of movie focuses strongly on the individuals actors' performance; she would have been really in the spotlight there.

It's possible that maybe she didn't trust an unknown director with leading her into such territory.

Maybe the producers do not trust a girl, who played only girls before.... I mean, Yates knows her and would be able to guide her through the story, but a director she never worked with? I think, it was Yates who wanted to push her out of the girli image, but for reasons not known to us ("shedule" is not a very strong excuse) he pulled out and took Emma with him.....

Well, then there's Beauty and the Beast. I trust that it's gonna be a twisted fairy tale like Pan's Labyrinth, but at best that means that she will be seen as a girly that's willing to be dragged through the mud.

I'm not counting on Noah at all because I think it's gonna be a cheese fest, possibly with some epic pictures.

At your service, Mam! :king:

Tea, please. Green with a tablespoon of honey.

Emma's mature enough to pick her projects and has the power to say no, I trust her; so if she no longer believed in YVIMH then said byebye.

I don't think that she would say no to working with a director she doesn't know, nor care if it's a so called HP reunion she just wants work.

Cannot wait to her next films.

Emma's mature enough to pick her projects and has the power to say no, I trust her; so if she no longer believed in YVIMH then said byebye.

I don't think that she would say no to working with a director she doesn't know, nor care if it's a so called HP reunion she just wants work.

So Emma does things for reasons we just can't understand? She changes her priorities on ground of her delicious whims, and defies all attempts at categorization?

Emma the elemental force. Sounds legit.

So Emma does things for reasons we just can't understand? She changes her priorities on ground of her delicious whims, and defies all attempts at categorization?

Emma the elemental force. Sounds legit.

You call that sarcasm? It's her career. She has her reasons yeah, and she doesn't have to explain.

She has her reasons yeah, and she doesn't have to explain.

I don't think anyone demanded an explanation. I also think she does things for reasons, like most people.

May the force be with you....... :rolleye0012:

lolz

I don't think anyone demanded an explanation. I also think she does things for reasons, like most people.lolz

yeah pretty much, I wonder where's that green tea....

May the force be with you....... :rolleye0012:

I won't turn to the dark side EVER.

I just heard on AOL newsfeed that Emma dropped out of Voices-for the sarcastic bunch on here, it could be she had to drop out because of school (filming late spring when school is still going). Either way, I am with Elena-she doesnt have to defend her career choices. I believe she is doing an awesome job choosing her movie roles.

it could be she had to drop out because of school (filming late spring when school is still going).

Personally, I'd rather she had skipped some other movie (like Noah) than one which really would have been a chance for her career.

Personally, I'd rather she had skipped some other movie (like Noah) than one which really would have been a chance for her career.

We'll see what effect Noah will have when it will be available to the public. And yeah it could of been great for her from our opinion but if it didn't match hers, there's no point in wishing she'd done it.

Edited by Elena