The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Boycott....The Oscars

After over a decade and not recieving at least one Oscar I've decided against watching this year. Not to mention it looks so boring with whom they have nominated...ugh. I can't believe after all this time HP hasn't recieved one freak'n Oscar. Maybe since there wasn't allowed any American actors in the film and they see turn about as fair play but that is the only reason I can see. PoA deserved an Oscar and so did Deathly Hallows 1 and 2. They were just as deserving as many of other films that have gotten Oscars in the past. So being a true Harry Potter fan I've decided to show "MY Support" at least for the entire film series by boycotting the Oscars this year. It's really the only thing I can do in protest of HP not getting one after all these years. Who's with me? :tongue0020: Oscar Revolt.

Well I still say that DH 2 should have at least gotten more nominations (espically Best Supporting Actor for Alan Rickman). Now PoA wasn't Oscar worthy, and don't get me wrong I am a Harry Potter fan, but I deff know PoA wasn't really that great of a film and I can understand why it didn't get any major oscar nominations.

While I am a huge Harry Potter fan, I don't really think any of the films were worthy of an Oscar at all. They were nice and all, but not Oscar worthy. DH2 was the only one I ever thought would at least get nominated. POA would never in a million years be Oscar worthy in my opinion. It was a pretty awful movie, especially when compares to the movies the other movies that have either won or been nominated. There is no way I would ever not watch the Oscars because of it. There is a whole world out there beyond Harry Potter. Other wonderful movies. I love the Oscars. I think they are tons of fun to watch. I would never miss it!

Yeah, honestly none of them were really Oscar worthy. The only arguments you can make are in the categories of makeup/costume design and visual effects, which I think DH2 has a decent chance of winning. I've seen some of the movies nominated and I think most are deserving. We all love HP, we are hardcore fans, we hang out on an Emma Watson fan forum. The series however, was never really oriented for innovative and critical acclaim, it was to create a tangible Harry Potter universe in film, which I think they did a marvelous job of. As for the American actors claim, I think that's way over the top. The academy has never discriminated based on where you are from. They've nominated actors from other countries, for foreign films, for short films, for everything.

After over a decade and not recieving at least one Oscar I've decided against watching this year. Not to mention it looks so boring with whom they have nominated...ugh. I can't believe after all this time HP hasn't recieved one freak'n Oscar. Maybe since there wasn't allowed any American actors in the film and they see turn about as fair play but that is the only reason I can see. PoA deserved an Oscar and so did Deathly Hallows 1 and 2. They were just as deserving as many of other films that have gotten Oscars in the past. So being a true Harry Potter fan I've decided to show "MY Support" at least for the entire film series by boycotting the Oscars this year. It's really the only thing I can do in protest of HP not getting one after all these years. Who's with me? :tongue0020: Oscar Revolt.

Yeah, i know what you mean. I feel the same too. DH deserved a nomination at least.

I won't see the show because I'm going to a recital, so I won't lose anything... <_<

While I am a huge Harry Potter fan, I don't really think any of the films were worthy of an Oscar at all. They were nice and all, but not Oscar worthy. DH2 was the only one I ever thought would at least get nominated. POA would never in a million years be Oscar worthy in my opinion. It was a pretty awful movie, especially when compares to the movies the other movies that have either won or been nominated. There is no way I would ever not watch the Oscars because of it. There is a whole world out there beyond Harry Potter. Other wonderful movies. I love the Oscars. I think they are tons of fun to watch. I would never miss it!

This exactly. There are loads of good and successful movies out there but still aren't Oscar worthy. They have to really mean something to both the viewers and the Academy. Even at the SAG awards The Help swept the floor with awards. It was an indie film but really made a statement with and in the film industry.

No, I'm not going to boycott the Oscars!

I'm a girl and that means I would never ever miss a fine night full of celebrities, rumors and magnificent dresses!!

As for the nominations, three of my favourite actors/actresses are nominated this year: Glenn Close, Gary Oldman and Meryl Streep

It's sad that none of the actors/actresses got nominated for HP but a movie like DH simply is NO OSCAR MATERIAL.

It's a fantasy blockbuster....no matter how great the actors are, they all did performances before in other movies which were more worthy of an Oscar.

Take actresses like Maggie Smith, Emma Thompson, Imelda Staunton or Helena Bonham Carter. Yes, they'd all deserve an Oscar but not for their minor characters in HP which barely appeared on the screen...