The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Which HP Character Would You Be Friends With?

Trying to make a fair assessment of your own personality relative to that of the personalities of various HP Characters.. which Harry Potter Characters would you be friends with, given you were approximately the same age? Which may be more difficult to predict with some of the older characters if you are younger.

In school I was kind of shy and a bit reclusive at times, but I had a small circle of friends whom I was always very close to. I could have seen myself being quite good friends with Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom. I also may have befriended Hermione Granger. As much as I love Ron and Harry from a character standpoint, I'm not so sure I'd have had a close friendship with either of them. I loved the Weasley twins in the book, but their constant joking would have gotten on my nerves, as it could with Hermione from time to time.

As an adult, I would think that I would befriend Remis Lupin and Albus Dumbledore. While I would like to say Snape, I think he would have been a bit too mean spirited for me to get too close to him, as I'm not sure he ever let anyone close to him after Lilly's death. I think I may have regarded him much in the way that Remus seemed to during the books. I think I would have befriended Minerva Mcgonagall as well, but it's possible that her strict demeanor would have distanced me, unless I was able to get past that veneer to her softer side. Hagrid would have been a bit too childlike for me I think. And Sirius Black's mood swings would have distanced me, as much as I always enjoyed his character.

I guess I could address others later, but those are the first that come to mind.

Edited by Mr. Pumpkinhead

*Hyperventilates* New HP topic! I can definitely see you being friends with Neville and Lupin.

Naturally, as he's my favourite character, Sirius Black.

Fred and George, I need at least one humorous person in my life to keep me going. Love the twins, and I don't think I'd get annoyed at them very often. Even so, they'd manage to make me laugh and forgive them soon after if I did :P

Nymphadora Tonks (preferably before Sirius' death), she is such a fun and relaxed character, another trait I admire, which is why I would also probably get along with Luna.

Those are the main ones, Hermione (although at times I think we would clash), Harry, Lily Potter and Remus Lupin too.

Peeves, and the twins, we'd have so much fun annoying other students

i could be friends with Luna, shes interesting

i'd get to know Hermione just to some level, wouldnt want her to boss me around lol

Dean Thomas, we'd talk about football though he goes for West Ham... prick lol

Fred and George allll the way, not only because we would have so much fun, but for many other reasons, we would discover things, we would tease people, we would participate in anything weird :P

Also i think i'd be friends with Hermione too, even though i'd be tempted to punch her once or two. I always need someone 'sane' next to keep me on the ground and i also need someone challenging to compete with in a friendly way. Plus i admire smart people, whom i have always something to gain from. And i appreciate good friends who always stick by your side.

Lupin too. I believe Lupin would be friends with anyone.

@Ardi i can totally see you friends with Luna :P

Kimberley Lisa! I sooo see you befriending Colin Creevey! =D You could help him with his photography :ohyeah:

I agree with you and Dina, Ardi, as far as Luna is concerned. I think that most all of us could get on well with Luna though. Funny that the girl who was not popular per se is the one who seems most relatable to in a friendship sense. I definitely see you teaming up with Peeves too Ardi. I think Deloris Umbridge just called you for detention. :unsure:

Dina, now I have a mental image of you popping Hermione in the nose after she makes some precocious comment in charms class! :rofl:

I think another reason I might be a bit at odds with Harry is that I could totally see myself falling for Ginny and Cho as they are described in the books when I was that age. I'd probably have some serious Potter envy going on. Hopefully my jealousies wouldn't lead me to team up with Draco Malfoy! :o

Sorry for the double post. The silly site wouldn't let me edit because I took too long. :puh:

After my comment about Dina popping Hermione in the nose I was going to add that one of my favorite parts of the series was in The Half Blood Prince when Hermione jumps on Harry for using the Sectumsempra Spell on Malfoy, and Ginny comes to Harry's defense, and end's up putting Hermione in her place. I was SOOO wishing for a girl fight right then. >.< Yeah I'm not proud.

i think i just made Doloris Umbrige resign as a teacher, well done Peeves n the Weasley twins, Luna helped too. oh and Jon, detention cant stop me lol it never cud

there just something about Luna that i like, i guess her uniqueness n just cnt describe her lol.. Dina n Hermione huh, i remember a quote from 300 "Greek women gave birth to real men" based on that quote, Dina will win, hands down ;p

edit: i can see Kimmie running around with Collin, taking pics of everything and anything lol but she'd boss him around lol ;p

Edited by Slash

i think i just made Doloris Umbrige resign as a teacher, well done Peeves n the Weasley twins, Luna helped too. oh and Jon, detention cant stop me lol it never cud

there just something about Luna that i like, i guess her uniqueness n just cnt describe her lol.. Dina n Hermione huh, i remember a quote from 300 "Greek women gave birth to real men" based on that quote, Dina will win, hands down ;p

edit: i can see Kimmie running around with Collin, taking pics of everything and anything lol but she'd boss him around lol ;p

I dub you an honorary Weasley twin Ardi! Or would that make you a triplet? :unsure:

GREEK WOMEN GAVE BIRTH TO REAL MEN? CRINKLE TIES! There are no greek women in my past... maybe that explains some stuff. :P

Awww.. poor Colin, I think Kimberific would be older sisterly and protective of little Colin.

Edited by Mr. Pumpkinhead

Kimberley Lisa! I sooo see you befriending Colin Creevey! =D You could help him with his photography :ohyeah:

True, and photography that moves! That would be awesome.

How could I forget about Draco? I would be friends with him but I dislike how he treats people so hmm, quite unsure about him.

Such a cute topic!!!

I would want to be friends with everyone! I love all the characters so much. I could see myself getting along with Luna and Nevilla a lot. Of course the Trio. I would even have to give Drace a shot, maybe I could change him! Hahahahahahaha. I would have love to have Sirius as mentor much like Harry did. Of course dumbledore too and therest of the teachers. Oh and Molly weasley, I would love to have her in my life as a motherly figure!

Dina n Hermione huh, i remember a quote from 300 "Greek women gave birth to real men" based on that quote, Dina will win, hands down ;p

Dina, now I have a mental image of you popping Hermione in the nose after she makes some precocious comment in charms class! :rofl:

OMG you guys :P I'd feel terribly sorry only some seconds afterwards but i'm pretty sure that she'd annoy me quite a bit :P "Harry there are no voices there, Harry no one is pulling the carriages Harry no one was screaming" SHUSH YOU WOMAN.

Awww.. poor Colin, I think Kimberific would be older sisterly and protective of little Colin.

:yesyes: I can totally see this.

I would want to be friends with everyone! I love all the characters so much. I could see myself getting along with Luna and Nevilla a lot. Of course the Trio. I would even have to give Drace a shot, maybe I could change him! Hahahahahahaha. I would have love to have Sirius as mentor much like Harry did. Of course dumbledore too and therest of the teachers. Oh and Molly weasley, I would love to have her in my life as a motherly figure!

I can totally see you being friends with anyone :D You would be like Neville and Lupin. I think the same goes for Noura.

I know i wouldn't be close friends with the James-Sirius but i'm sure i'd definitely have a crush on Sirius :blush: Also i'd really wanna see how McGonagall would be in that age. She's my absolutely favourite character but as i know her now. Usually people are completely different in a young age than they are when they're old and wise. But i'm sure she'd still be smart and bad-anus. :P

I would push myself in front of the line to be friends with Luna! I adore her! She's got every characteristic that I like and respect in a person. She's random,spaced out,eccentric and indifferent to other people's opinions of her and her actions. She's funny without even trying to be funny! The best kind of humor!! But she's also kind,compassionate and most importantly,loyal! Man,do I love Luna Lovegood! I could brag her for days! So,yeah,I would definitely be friends with her! :yesyes:

I can totally see you being friends with anyone :D You would be like Neville and Lupin. I think the same goes for Noura.

Aw wow that's like the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me!! Thank you so much!! And, I of course agree about Noura. She would be friends with everyone. If Neville and Luna didn't end up together I think she would be perfect for Neville!!!

I would push myself in front of the line to be friends with Luna! I adore her! She's got every characteristic that I like and respect in a person. She's random,spaced out,eccentric and indifferent to other people's opinions of her and her actions. She's funny without even trying to be funny! The best kind of humor!! But she's also kind,compassionate and most importantly,loyal! Man,do I love Luna Lovegood! I could brag her for days! So,yeah,I would definitely be friends with her! :yesyes:

In my mind you and Luna are so different. But, I can also really picture you guys together. There are a lot of things I think you would have in common. Of course you would go for Luna while every other guy is fighting over Hermione hahaha.

Aw wow that's like the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me!! Thank you so much!! And, I of course agree about Noura. She would be friends with everyone. If Neville and Luna didn't end up together I think she would be perfect for Neville!!!

In my mind you and Luna are so different. But, I can also really picture you guys together. There are a lot of things I think you would have in common. Of course you would go for Luna while every other guy is fighting over Hermione hahaha.

Ummm... Arie, Noura HAS somebody already. :puh:

And I'd go for Ginny I think or Cho... but more likely Ginny because she's a bit tougher. No Hermione for me. But I'd only pursue Ginny or Cho if Noura ditched me for Neville. :o:sob:

LOL you guys made my morning!

Big :3m_sie: :3m_sie: for Dina-neechan and Arie :D you girls are sweet and I appreciat setting me up with Neville :wub: :wub:

Jon of course I won't leave you for anyone <3 but we're just talking about fictional mates :P

Hmmm I think of be friends with anyone who won't be bored with me really :P

Wow....depends...

Back at school I would definately have befriended Narcissa Malfoy....yes, I hate to admit it but at school I was quite like her.

I cared a lot what people thought about me and I tried my best to keep up the masquerade. I spent a fortune on clothes, makeup and heels because I wanted

to look good. My outer appearance was (and still is!) very important to me! I could be really mean or cruel if necessary without feeling bad afterwards.

Back at school I was just that...a snobby bitch, a real meanie. I'd most definetly try to be with the rich and famous.

"It was better belonging to the Plastics and hating life than not having a life at all!"

(quoting "Mean Girls" here)

But as you get older you realize what really counts in life...I started befriending people who were not glamourous or powerful,but simly honest and friendly.

I lost my predatory traits almost completely and somehow managed to become somewhat of a nice person. :-)

But when you're 15 you simply don't care about being nice! However, back at Hogwarts Narcissa would have been the one I'd have befriended.

Rita Skeeter would also have been quite a good match for me. Like me she's obsessed with Nailpolish(though my nail are not fake) and she loves gossip.

So...Narcissa and Rita I suppose

I still love parties and fashion and rumors but I focus on what's important a little more. I like to have friends now who I can have a real conversation with.

Well...people like Minerva McGonagall, clever people. Though I am no Gryffindor(not in the slightest)I think we would get along quite well now if we were at the same university. I love books...and I also have difficulties to control my temper sometimes(quite like her)

• 1 month later...

Fred and George allll the way, not only because we would have so much fun, but for many other reasons, we would discover things, we would tease people, we would participate in anything weird :P

Also i think i'd be friends with Hermione too, even though i'd be tempted to punch her once or two. I always need someone 'sane' next to keep me on the ground and i also need someone challenging to compete with in a friendly way. Plus i admire smart people, whom i have always something to gain from. And i appreciate good friends who always stick by your side.

Lupin too. I believe Lupin would be friends with anyone.

@Ardi i can totally see you friends with Luna :P

Fred and George. They are sooo much like me.

And Hermione and Ron. The 2 of them fighting; that would make me laugh so much.

And ron's rly funny.. and hermione is his opposite. but they get together. :D

i'm usually a very serious person and many of the characters are just lots of fun, energy, and silliness. which i like, but i might not be able to handle all day.

so it would have to be harry potter for me. but then again, i'd be putting my life in a lot of risk.... :sweatdrop:

ill just be friends with hedwig... and i am comfy with hagrid's kinda personality and humor, it doesnt tire me. wow, im picky :unsure: