The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Whitney Houston found dead in Beverly Hills

Singer, Whitney Houston, passed away today in a Beverly Hills hotel room.

Whitney is considered one of the world’s best-selling female artists with over 200 million albums sold worldwide. After struggling with addiction, Whitney returned to the music scene in 2009 with her album I Look to You.

No word yet on the cause of death or whether it was drug-related.

My recollections of Whitney Houston stretches back to my fifth grade graduation. That year my school district, The William Floyd School District, in Mastic Beach, Long Island, New York won the Presendential Award for the best music education district in the Country and they had us all sing "The Greatest Love of All" by Whitney Houston at our graduation. I still remember all the lyrics to that song today.

May she R.I.P., it's tragic when anyone dies that young, and especially sad if either a history of drug use or a direct drug related incident caused her death today. :(

My first cassette tape was Whitney Houston...Greatest Love of All was played at my school in music class to demonstrate her range. It is truly sad that she died so young. She was huge in the 80's and really paved the way for others like Mariah Carey and Alicia Keys. May she rest in peace.

My first cassette tape was Whitney Houston...Greatest Love of All was played at my school in music class to demonstrate her range. It is truly sad that she died so young. She was huge in the 80's and really paved the way for others like Mariah Carey and Alicia Keys. May she rest in peace.

OFF TOPIC: sorry. >.<

Cassette tape? :o What's that? :P We're showing our age a bit her Kristin. ;)

Edited by Mr. Pumpkinhead

OFF TOPIC: sorry. >.<

Cassette tape? :o What's that? :P We're showing our age a bit her Kristin. ;)

LOL!!!!! Actually no I am not-was not allowed to buy CD's yet-parents thought it was a waste of money when I could buy cassettes so :P hehe I was in high school with cassettes-that was a secret because all my friends owned CDs ;)

With that said, again may she rest in peace.

I know I'm older than most, but I remember Whitney in the 80's.

Back in 1987, I remember two records in particular. Michael Jackson's "Bad", and Whitney's "Whitney" album. I was 5.

Now, I have all 7 studio albums, and enjoy them all. But "Whitney" is my favorite, still.

• 2 weeks later...