The Emma-Watson.net Forum

What do you think your Patronus would be?

I think that when someone casts a patronus it is supposed to be an animal that someone associates with comfort. I've never known if someone could have something other than an animal for a patronus. Ofc (as Ariebelles pointed out to me as we are discussing patronuses now) Severus Snape changed his Patronus to Lily Potters, so in theory there is some measure of control we all would have over our patronuses.

So were you able to choose your patronus, what animal would you choose, thinking in terms of something that has meaning to you and gives you comfort?

Mine would be a cow. I've loved cows since I was little and my mum would always bye me cow teddys (as my friend Jen would call them) or stuffed toys as I'd call them. lol

To this day my mum always byes me cow related things for my apartment, such as magnets and pot holders, etc.

I've always loved how cows seem so relaxed and into their own little world. That kind of represents me well...

So EXPECTO PATROMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (thanks Arie ;))

Aw thanks for the shout out!!!

I discussed this with Jon and at first I said my protromous would be a horse. I don't like animals much but I do have a fondness for horses. Then I remembered that a patrons is supposed to cause you a certain amount of comfort. Throughout the books it mentioned about casting the patronus for that reason alone. I have a soft spot for vicious cats. So I decided that my protronus would be a lioness or a leopard. That would give me the most feeling of safety and comfort!

Argh, this is a tricky question for me, I'm such an animal lover.

A dolphin, cat or white tiger. Seeing as dolphins swim that might look a little awkward... but the air can be its water. I'd choose a dolphin to be my Patronus, been obsessed with them since I was very young.

Cats are my next favourite animal, one that I've actually spent time with before. I feel comforted by them because they're cuddly and usually/always know when you're really upset.

I'm also a huge animal lover,but this is quite easy for me. The animal that brings me comfort is definitely a tiger! Whether it's the 'standard version' or a white tiger.

For as long as I can remember I always had a weird obsession with tigers. Kinda like Kristen Bell with sloths (if you haven't seen that video,you live under a rock :P). I kid you not,as a kid I would spend hours and hours in the zoo just staring at the them. Everyone around me was pissed cause obviously they wanted to see the other animals as well,but I refused to leave. Then my mom would have to stay with me while the rest of the family went on with the sightseeing (is that the appropriate word? I don't know...I don't care!).

I don't know why that is,but till this day I get all 'warm and fuzzy' when I see a tiger. I understand it's not the type of animal that is in any way associated with 'warm and fuzzy' but to me it is! I saw every tiger-related documentary/TV show...you name it,I saw it! :yesyes:

Heck,I have a picture of a white tiger as my phone wallpaper for over 2 years! So,yes,I'm obsessed with the freakin' animal and it would definitely be my patronus!

Hey Demian, that's a little bit like me :D . I'm not obsessed with tigers, but I'm very much fond of them. I didn't see many documentaries though.

However, I have 9 representations (maybe a bit more) of a tiger just in my room :yesyes: including a pillow (I'm not sleeping on it, it's too disgraceful to this animal :lol: ) and 2 big cuddly toys :) (I know it's not very masculine, but hey, whatever :P )

About a year ago I started to love snow panthers / leopards also. They are SO uniquely beautiful! And rare too, on extinction, unfortunately.

In general, I adore big cats ;)

A cormorant perhaps....I've always felt connected to the water somehow.

And these animals always fascinated me. There is something about them which I can't quite explain.

A magpie would also be possible...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This is really funny because few weekends ago I was playing a drinking game with some friends and we were guessing what animal best describes us. Many of my friends think I would be a dolphin because of their playful behavior and because they're very clever.

Not that I'm a big fan of dolphins anyway since it's been proven in the animal kingdom that these mammals are bullies and rapists. :[

Anyway, sorry for drifting off, but if I had to choose it would be a rabbit. I just have an incredibly soft spot for those fuzzy little fellas. I think it's their twitchy nose and cotton-ball tails! :]

This is really funny because few weekends ago I was playing a drinking game with some friends and we were guessing what animal best describes us. Many of my friends think I would be a dolphin because of their playful behavior and because they're very clever.

Not that I'm a big fan of dolphins anyway since it's been proven in the animal kingdom that these mammals are bullies and rapists. :[

Anyway, sorry for drifting off, but if I had to choose it would be a rabbit. I just have an incredibly soft spot for those fuzzy little fellas. I think it's their twitchy nose and cotton-ball tails! :]

Hooray, well done for being well educated on Dolphins, don't forget murderers too

Just thought I'd say that :D