The Emma-Watson.net Forum

What Memory Would Create Your Patronus?

I realize that this could be a very personal and for some or many an emotional question, but having created the thread about Patronuses I was really wondering what thought could be so strong and have such a deep emotional meaning to me that it would create my patronus.

This perhaps is even difficult to conjur without facing a situation that requires it. So I will have to give it my best guess.

For me it comes perhaps out of my greatest loss when I lost my father back in 2005 to Liver Failure.

It's not the loss that could do anything remotely to conjur a patronus, as that was extremely difficult. But in speaking at my father's funeral I had the opportunity to thank him for the wonderful brothers and sister he and my mother had brought into my life as well as the wisdom he had given me, and I felt true happiness and gratitude in that moment, unlike any moment I've ever known before or since. My family is everything to me. I don't always do the greatest job of expressing my appreciation and love for them, but in that moment I knew and felt the familial love that bonds us all together and reaches a happiness that usurps the pull of death's strings. I believe that would be the memory that creates my patronus to date.

Beutiful post Jon!

Much like Jon, there is only one memory that could do it for me. Anything connected to my mom, who I lost when I was 9. I don't remember her much, but any little thing about her could conjure something up I believe.

Actually, I often think of when Harry used the resurrection stone. The emotion of how he must of felt. Thinking he might really finally get to see his parents. That scene always stirs something up inside me. Althought it has little to do with a patrons it just made me think of that scene. But, perhaps that same emotion is needed to produce the patronus. Perhaps it is only when I would feel closest to my mother that I would have the power. Much like how Harry needed his parents sort of support to cast it. Idk. Something like that lol. :blush:

It depends on the situation I'd say....

Anything to do with my family, my love or my best friends I'd say.

OH and there's another one...a silly one! I was eleven years old and had my first race with my favourite horse "Miss Saigon"

...it was a beautiful summerday, we had a race around the lake....water was splashing, wind was rough, we were screaming and laughing like mad and it was just perfect.

I can't remember having ever felt so much freedom before or after.

Edited by Ophelia