The Emma-Watson.net Forum

From Book To Movie

From book to movie  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The books have always been better. They were never going to be able to get it spot on when they made the movies. Still good, though :)

>.< exacally, what i said... just with more detail. (:

No movies match books in my opinion.

It's really impossible to compare the two. Both are on different mediums so they'll be detailed and portrayed in different ways. In a book you can construct a world entirely your own and command everything in it. It's like a tiny little universe and it was all JK Rowling's to command as she would.

Now the movies are based off the books, however they meet several limitations and restraints. For instance a time restraint to pack all the important content from the books into the movie. They obviously won't be able to get everything into a two hour movie, which is disappointing but entirely understandable.

If you are going to compare them side by side the books are obviously going to win out because they are the basis for the movies. However I think it's more proper to evaluate each on it's own terms, and in that regards I'd say both are pretty successful and good.

• 13 years later...