The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Blu-Ray Movies & Players

I didn't know where to put this so I decided to put it here but I wanted to know your opinions on the Blu-Ray movies and players. For me I have been a fan of them ever since I think around 2007 or 2008 when it came out I was amazing how the picture so crisp. I never had a Blu-Ray player before but I bought one for my stepdad last year for father's day. We tested it on Blu-Ray Movie the picture looked outstanding the player we bought was a LG it was originally 100 dollars.So do any of you own any Blu-Ray Movies or Players? If you do what kind do you have?

^depends on the movies, cartoon/animation on blu-ray looks better than the dvd version

im using my ps3 for blu-ray, but i dont have that much blu-ray discs. i still prefer dvd lol

I have a Samsung player. I have the HP movies on Blu-ray, and a handful of others. Blu-ray can look amazing, but some movies I've seen looked better on regular dvd. Maybe just a poor mastering job.

I have seen DVD era movies remastered for BluRay HD and I notice it's waay grainy. I'll agree with you there.

To be honest to fully appreciate HD movies you need a decent HDTV at least 720i/1080p hooked up to a decent BluRay player with a good HD formatted movie. If the movie wasn't made with HD in mind then I'm going to be a little skeptical. I've even seen the difference in the TV refresh rates. I've seen the exact same movie on the exact same player but with different TV's. (60Hz, 120 Hz, and 240 Hz) Definitely the 120Hz TV was a great balance, although pictures looked great on 240Hz, I got pretty dizzy when the movement was almost too crisp and too fast for eyes to follow.