The Emma-Watson.net Forum

J.K. Rowling Announced New Book!

This is so exciting!!!!

The author of the hit "Harry Potter" series has inked a deal with Little, Brown in the United States and Britain to publish her first novels for adults. The title, release date and details about the long-rumored novel were not announced Thursday.

Source

WOW! I so can't wait for this now. :ohyeah: I wonder if her contract is for more than one book or if it's just for one book at this point Either way, I'll be interested in how I percieve her newest venture and how it is received publically.

I think it's brave of her to come out with a new/non Potter book too. You could easily expect a writer who has been as successful as Rowling after her first series of books to rest on her laurels and reap the rewards of her successes. I applaude her for this move, no matter my opinion of the book or books she writes in the future.

I'm kinda interested in this, just to see if she can in fact write something different.

That was my thought, exactly! Writing Harry Potter was a very big part of her life, and trying to write something else completely different seems like a big challenge for every writer. I'm so curious, it's exciting!

I'm so intrigued to find out what it is. She has such a distinctive style, and all we have gotten from her is HP, so I am curious how her words will sound in something completely non-related. I'm looking forward to more info soon!! :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ah amazing news!!!!

"The Casual Vacancy" will be out in September!!!

"When Barry Fairweather dies unexpectedly in his early forties, the little town of Pagford is left in shock. Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war. Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils…. Pagford is not what it first seems. And the empty seat left by Barry on the town’s council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations? Blackly comic, thought-provoking and constantly surprising, The Casual Vacancy is J.K. Rowling’s first novel for adults."

Source: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0316228532/ref=tsm_1_fb_s_ab_m2delm

^^ ooo so excited!! sounds pretty awesome to me!

Agreed! At first I was afraid to read what its about because I was scared I would punt like it!! But it sounds so good! I love the name choices too, they are classic JK Rowling!!

Ah amazing news!!!!

"The Casual Vacancy" will be out in September!!!

"When Barry Fairweather dies unexpectedly in his early forties, the little town of Pagford is left in shock. Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war. Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils…. Pagford is not what it first seems. And the empty seat left by Barry on the town’s council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations? Blackly comic, thought-provoking and constantly surprising, The Casual Vacancy is J.K. Rowling’s first novel for adults."

Source: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0316228532/ref=tsm_1_fb_s_ab_m2delm

A mild disapointment with the name Barry. And the synopsy sounds a bit meh. But because its Jo-and if she still has the same writer-talent that made a whole world read her Potter books (and why shouldn't she still have it?) I'm so pumped I can't even!!!

:ohyeah:

Edited by trixie