The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Watson to star in "Bling Ring"

There's nothing wrong with being introverted.

It isn't a negative character trait that you try to escape. It's just a part of who you are.

No, but it is something you have to work on. Ok, maybe only as a "normal" human beeing. As movie star you can maintain that as "image" and you can even be proud of it. How it will satisfy the fans, is written on another sheet of paper. The majority (not really represented in this forum) expects news, statements, insights, a human beeing you can identify with..... You cannot indetify yourself with movie roles. They are not real.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, she's normal.

I guess people are just going to have to get used to a normal movie star, for a change.

In other news...

From the USA TODAY:

This fall, Emma Watson is heading back to Brown University to complete three more classes, and graduate. She's justifiably proud of finishing what she started.

"I'm really close," she says.

And once she's earned her degree, she's planning on hitting the stage.

"I'd love to try theater. I've never done it before. I did some theater at Brown. I love the camaraderie of a theater group," says Watson. "As soon as I graduate, that's my next (thing)," says Watson, who appeared in a production of The Three Sisters in college.

Woo I cannot wait, that is so exciting, Dan has done a lot in that chapter already.

Oh Elena, the fine blade is not your thing .....

the glass is half empty for ya.

That would have to involve her changing her entire personality.

I don't think so. She was more outspoken in the past, according to her what mattered most to her was family and friends, education and environmental awareness. It's only in her post-Potter life now that she's been kind of elusive.

There are a thousand different things that have changed since HP.

Her life is completely different.

Of course she is going to treat her privacy differently. She's out of that insulated bubble and living on her own.

That protection is gone, and now she has to create her own protection.

And she's not going to give that up for anything.

Yup, people like Angelina Jolie (topic: breastcancer) or Michael Douglas (topic: the very private reason for his cancer at the throat) must be the pure horror for Emma. Angelina and Michael (and Sara, his wife as part of the reason) adressed very private, very intimate topics to warn people and to support sience in search for help. This is what I call people with message and personality.

Emma, on the other hand, will have so much privacy, that it can happen that she will be forgotten soon. Unfortunatly some nice pictures in lented dresses (her words) and some movies for children and teens are not enough to found fame for eternity.

I will never understand why she is hiding like a hunted animal. Nothing of her genuinity is left; at the moment she is only a fashion-doll. And this is a insult to her personality and the power, she would have to push things forward.

Ok. But what is it that you want her to do or say If you could interview her?  You say its an insult to personality and power, what do you mean? What is her power?  Push things forward, what things?

I respect Emma and her privacy , she has a very likable character, pretty and intelligent girl, but I'm not one of Emma's biggest fans I always thought (I'm sorry to say this) she was a mediocre actress and don't think she really has what it takes to act in bigger roles. But you seem to think she can/should or what?

Ok. But what is it that you want her to do or say If you could interview her?  You say its an insult to personality and power, what do you mean? What is her power?  Push things forward, what things?

I respect Emma and her privacy , she has a very likable character, pretty and intelligent girl, but I'm not one of Emma's biggest fans I always thought (I'm sorry to say this) she was a mediocre actress and don't think she really has what it takes to act in bigger roles. But you seem to think she can/should or what?

Well, I think, many of her interviews are staged. The questions are checked before between the management and the media, so there is rarely a "true" interview of her. And when she is interviewed, it is mostly about the actual movie or she is answering "private-standard-questions" with "privat-standard-answers". There was one interview in the past with a journalist who seemed to be a little more critic; in my opinion it was one of the few "true" interviews and reviews of her. And we do not know how many question she refuses to answer. I do not think, that she would like a interview with me because I would try to present the "true Emma". And for reasons not known, she is fighting with hands and feet that we do not find out, what the "real Emma" is.

Emma is for me a intelligent and bright person; so she has definitly things in mind and her own opinions on many topics of life. And this opinions she could share with her fans. She could push important projects (think: 7 Million fans and devotees on twitter can reached by her with the click of the pc-mouse) and promote actions, really important to her. But for reasons not known she left People tree and Camfed is also no longer on her agenda. You can do so much, if you really want.

You know that she is really a "likeable character"? So you know her personally. I think, she is not so easy to handle in real life. As nearly everybody of us is.

And privacy: I explained in another thread what the difference between "privacy" and "PR" is for me. For many people in this forum "privacy" of her is all besides the red carpet of some premieres.

Woo I cannot wait, that is so exciting, Dan has done a lot in that chapter already.

the glass is half empty for ya.

Dan Radcliffe is no good rolemodel in this case. He acted with his full body (and he did it amazingly well; he changed my opinion forever. What an actor). I cannot imagine a play with Emma in Lingerie on stage or something like that.......

And your second remark: Touché, Elena!

Yeah, she's normal.

I guess people are just going to have to get used to a normal movie star, for a change.

In other news...

From the USA TODAY:

This fall, Emma Watson is heading back to Brown University to complete three more classes, and graduate. She's justifiably proud of finishing what she started.

"I'm really close," she says.

And once she's earned her degree, she's planning on hitting the stage.

"I'd love to try theater. I've never done it before. I did some theater at Brown. I love the camaraderie of a theater group," says Watson. "As soon as I graduate, that's my next (thing)," says Watson, who appeared in a production of The Three Sisters in college.

Emma on stage? Phuuu, this will be tricky. Because a Westend-Play or a Show at Broadway are definitly something else then a play, rehearsed at a University during a class. And cameraderie: I hope she knows, that all of her fellow actors at University did surely everything to please her. Nobody will hurt her there, because "I am in a play with the great Emma Watson". How it is "in the open countryside" of a normal theater is something very, very different. Let alone 600-1000 people each night, looking at you. Fans at the stage door or in front of your wardrobe. Privacy gone. Whaaaa!

And I really tried to find a part for her, but besides of Wendy or Tinkerbell in "Peter Pan" nothing got into my mind.

THIS fall?

Hurray, I wone my bet. No degree this June, like announced in Novemer 2012. I was right: you cannot make a degree on a plane between LA und NYC.

I think, Emma must be grateful for the american University-system. In Austria she would be expelled from University for not meeting the targets in time. (Aaaah, Hermione!)

Of course she is going to treat her privacy differently. She's out of that insulated bubble and living on her own.

That protection is gone, and now she has to create her own protection.

And she's not going to give that up for anything.

How does not having an opinion mean less intrusion into your privacy, and how does it protect you? From what?

Well, I think, many of her interviews are staged. The questions are checked before between the management and the media, so there is rarely a "true" interview of her. And when she is interviewed, it is mostly about the actual movie or she is answering "private-standard-questions" with "privat-standard-answers". 

Um. Yes. This isn't exactly a secret. Everyone knows the questions asked of celebrities are vetted beforehand to protect their image and the image of whichever studios they're working for at the time. Are you SURE you worked in PR? That's a very basic practice.  :blink:

Because the truth is, when she's doing interviews she's not really there to promote herself. I mean, to an extent, yes, but her number one job is promoting the film she is in, even if it's only mentioned in one or two questions. A magazine doesn't think "oh, it would be nice to have Emma Watson on the cover so we can learn more about her," a studio says "we need to get Emma on these magazines for these demographics of our film." 

If you think any of what we see or hear is anything less than carefully planned and executed, then no wonder you're so butthurt all the time.

ok well I've only been here on the past week since I finished my job and before that I wasn't here since March or something so I have no clue what you're talking about.

http://i.imgur.com/uc3R3ul.jpg

"I'm not going to ignore people when they say happy birthday [on Twitter]...But what's difficult is that when you've spoken publicly about an area in your life, it's then very difficult to decide when it's okay to talk about it and when it's not okay to. I think it's knowing that that makes me so cautious. I know as soon as I let down the gate it's over really. Then people really do feel entitled because you've let them in."

I couldn't have said it better myself.

"I'm not going to ignore people when they say happy birthday [on Twitter]...But what's difficult is that when you've spoken publicly about an area in your life, it's then very difficult to decide when it's okay to talk about it and when it's not okay to. I think it's knowing that that makes me so cautious. I know as soon as I let down the gate it's over really. Then people really do feel entitled because you've let them in."

I couldn't have said it better myself.

except that you can still say you don't want to talk about certain things; especially in an arranged interview. Or you can be evasive. Most of us can't choose what questions we're asked so that's what you do. If you're a celebrity but nothing is known about you, that's certainly not gonna make people less prying.

Or, in the end, it might not matter much either way. People still ask her about Shades anyway after she clearly denied her involvement, just as they did as long as nothing concrete was known.

Edited by Sacred_Path

Possibly she loses more quality of life by being paranoid than she would if she fed reporters some more info. That's for her to decide though. What's not debatable is that fans generally appreciate more info, and therefore it's not about doing paps/ reporters a favor but about rendering a service to your fans.

Fans will always appreciate more information.

There isn't a minimum or maximum threshold of acceptable info. Fans will take what they can get.

And how is keeping that info private hurting her own quality of life, exactly?

She has so much more to lose from giving that info up than any fan has to gain from it.

Fans will always appreciate more information.

There isn't a minimum or maximum threshold of acceptable info. Fans will take what they can get.

uhm... possibly, but fans aren't raving loonies. I think no one right now would say that Emma allows for much insight, even if you're not a fan. So I think there is a valid reason for complaint on the side of the fans. More is better, yes, but that's not to say that I couldn't be satisfied with just a bit more information; as an example, during her HP years the flow of information was just fine.

And how is keeping that info private hurting her own quality of life, exactly?

I think I used the word paranoid, and that might not be too strong a word if you give as many interviews as Emma does but you're determined to never mention any issue that could lead to reporters trying to dig into it. That has to generate a lot of stress.