The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Watson to star in "Bling Ring"

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like I'm talking in circles here.

That's because your only argument in this entire thread has been "THATS NOT WHAT SHE SAYS RIGHT NOW". Which we have shown you to be irrelevant, but you couldn't wrap your head around it.

Your entire point is based upon the fact that she is saying that her top priority right now is education, but neither of you can prove that.

No. Re-read all of my posts. If you have tried very hard to make yourself the posterchild for cerebral efforts, and you no longer want to be that, it's only reasonable for people to expect you to make some statements in that direction, not using every opportunity (movie awards) to remind people of how studious you were in the past.

That's because your only argument in this entire thread has been "THATS NOT WHAT SHE SAYS RIGHT NOW". Which we have shown you to be irrelevant, but you couldn't wrap your head around it.

No. Re-read all of my posts. If you have tried very hard to make yourself the posterchild for cerebral efforts, and you no longer want to be that, it's only reasonable for people to expect you to make some statements in that direction, not using every opportunity (movie awards) to remind people of how studious you were in the past.

How are her own words irrelevant?

How could you gather what somebody's priorities are if you ignore everything they're saying?

If her words don't matter, then anything she says won't matter to you because you'll have already decided for her, what her intentions are.

If you want her to come out and talk about her priorities, why are you ignoring the quotes I've already provided that address that very topic?

I understand that you're trying to prove the hypocrisy of her actions and statements, but I'm just trying to find actual examples of the statements you claim she is presently making.

Fact is, she always said how important education is and she is not able to finish a ordinary education at a university in propper time, something, millions of other students can do. I believe, that she will NOT get her degree in this term and that it is slowly in doubt if she ever will get one.

On one hand it is good, because maybe we see more movies and shootings with her, on the other hand it is better not to believe what she is saying anymore.

You keep on saying this is "fact". Again, prove that this a fact.

I don't care what your opinion is. I want you to present objective evidence.

How are her own words irrelevant?

How could you gather what somebody's priorities are if you ignore everything they're saying?

:icontwisted8pz:

If you have established yourself solidly in a position (like being the studious nerd), a lack of further statements isn't the same thing as assuming a new position. Hell, Emma even repeated the whole "I was always a studious person" thing, re-iterating its importance for her. But according to you, we should actually see this statement as a farewell to learning. Which is retarded. Or trolling. I'm through with this

If you want her to come out and talk about her priorities, why are you ignoring the quotes I've already provided that address that very topic?

Because they themselves are contradictory to her actions, so we can't take them at face value. Emma used to say education comes first, now she says family comes first, but both actually took a backseat for making films and attending show-related events. Such quotes have no value.

OK. Go to Google. Enter "Emma Watson. quotes. education." Read and learn.

No.

Burden of proof lies with the accuser.

If you make claims, the responsibility to provide evidence of that claim lies with you and you alone.

Because they themselves are contradictory to her actions, so we can't take them at face value. Emma used to say education comes first, now she says family comes first, but both actually took a backseat for making films and attending show-related events. Such quotes have no value.

Yeah, it's almost like people grow up over time and change their perspective as they live their life. Crazy right?

Then, my friend, I cannot help you.

Maybe ask a radom Emma-fan, what he thinks Emma's priorities are.

You will be amazed.

I didn't ask for your opinion. I asked what evidence you have.

You've made it abundantly clear that you have none.

Yeah, it's almost like people grow up over time and change their perspective as they live their life. Crazy right?

It's also almost like people who really have grown don't actually tiptoe around this fact; if Emma has come to realize that studying all the time is a waste of time, and you should spend more time with friends, having fun and doing art, it's almost like one would expect her to simply say that. Crazy right?

It's also almost like people who really have grown don't actually tiptoe around this fact; if Emma has come to realize that studying all the time is a waste of time, and you should spend more time with friends, having fun and doing art, it's almost like one would expect her to simply say that. Crazy right?

No, I'm pretty sure you are alone in that expectation.

I will leave it there.... We all know, what Emma said and did over the last years and there is no need to copy Quotes in here.

If she is finishing her degree in "her last term" (means this term) as she said in November 2012, I will bow, apologize and send her a cake.

But I am not conviced, that this will happen.

Other people may have another opinion.

But I learned. Remember: "She NEVER did pole dance lessons!"...............

Welp, I would add that I personally would expect Emma to graduate with honors, if she really put in the time.

"If I know I could get that A or an A+ then I have to get that A or A+". That's a genuine Emma quote for you. ;)

I will leave it there.... We all know, what Emma said and did over the last years and there is no need to copy Quotes in here.

No, copying quotes is exactly what this thread needs more of. 

That way, we can actually discuss factual information, instead of half-baked assumptions that have no basis in reality.

Here is what I think happened:

At her private boarding school, Emma was one of the best, if not the best, student in her class ("I'm mostly in the A category", Letterman). At Brown, and later at Oxford, I would venture a guess that this wasn't the case anymore (like she said in a recent interview, at uni, she met people who were a lot smarter than her - I might search the link just for you, Roberto ;) ).

Now, with Emma being a self-confessed perfectionist (we all remember "I have a mild case of OCD!"), this probably made studying less exciting/ rewarding than it used to be. OTOH, acting in big productions is something she could do, that not a lot of other people can do. This, and her carefree financial situation both certainly made it more rewarding to dabble in acting and studying at the same time, rather than focusing on uni alone.

I'd simply want her to open up about this, but according to Roberto, I'm the only one who's interested in hearing what she actually thinks. Shucks. ;)

That's your interpretation of what happened, and that's cool. But you shouldn't really expect an answer.

I'm sure lots of people want to know how good she's doing at Brown, but she's not going to talk about that right now (you saw that she doesn't want any questions asked about that).

It's part of her personal life and we have no right to demand that knowledge.

Maybe, a few years from now, when she's graduated and moved on in her life, she might look back and talk about the changes she went through. Maybe then you'll find your answers.

That's your interpretation of what happened, and that's cool. But you shouldn't really expect an answer.

Welp, receiving an award is a good occasion to give some hints of what's currently going on with your life. Interviews, too. It's actually the reason why I'm reading them.

"I just keep in mind that that’s what they're projecting onto me. I try to remember that there are two separate people: the professional me and the private me. Both different. I try to draw a line between the two."

You may think that, but it's clear that she does not.

My Hermione poster will hang on the wall, too.

And i think the point if you could make a topic about her school philosophy is over now. Would be a good topic.

But back to Topic.

I read it is shown on the Cannes festival. So it seems to me a good sighed and you will get critics short after. I´m looking forward to read them.

"I just keep in mind that that’s what they're projecting onto me. I try to remember that there are two separate people: the professional me and the private me. Both different. I try to draw a line between the two."

You may think that, but it's clear that she does not.

is school a private matter? I don't think so. I'd count it as work. When people talk about school, I don't get terribly excited. It's simply an update on where they are heading, professionally.

The word professional means that it is directly related to a profession.

Being a college student is not a job. You pay to go to college, the college doesn't pay you.

You may see college as simply a stepping stone to a profession, but she probably sees it as the only 'normal' aspect of her life right now and the only thing that she has any control over.

And it's probably something that is very special to her and it deserves to be protected from the public eye.