The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Watson to star in "Bling Ring"

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats EXACTLY what my friend and I said a few weeks ago!!! Emma has so much money now and really has already established her name that she can do whatever movie role she wants!! ;) I plan in seein all of her movies (as well as Ruperts and Dans too). The trio are gonna take the industry by storm in their 20's ;)

As mentioned, Emma has confirmed on her official site that she will star in Bling Ring:

http://www.emmawatson.com/en/Latest/Screen/The-Bling-Ring/

This was certainly a pleasant surprise. Normally we would hear rumors about her in talks for a role before it's officially announced, but this time the first we heard of her being in Bling Ring was when she was officially confirmed to be starring in it. I'm excited that she's landed another new role and I can't wait to hear more about it. :)

Now if only we can confirm a few of the other films Emma's been linked to. :)

LOL I wrote that same thing almost in Emmas officials :) yess confirm these other roles...I am just excited to seeing her and Rupert doing post Potter projects-I love them both equally and think they really shined in the last Potter movies :) bring on some awesome acting!!!! :)

It's so good that her career is going from good to better after Harry Potter. I mean, i've heard many people saying that she will always be Hermione Granger and nothing more, because generally people who participate in such big frachises, 'disappear' afterwards. I'm excited for this :D

I've read the whole article. And I am proud of Emma that she will be starting another role besides the Harry Potter movies. I hope that Emma will be successful in this movie and that all goes well with the acting and her role. I wish you all the best Emma. I hope that you do a great job in Bling Ring.

ROFL-I love the Soup guy at times ;)

It looks like reality show junk...anyway do we know whose the character Emma will be playing? I really cant wait for this role...will Emma take on another American accent?

• 3 weeks later...

I absolutely adore Emma and her work, but I do not think "The Bling Ring" seems like a nice project for her. Honestly, I was done with the story from the moment it broke. Then there was the reality show on E! and the Vanity Fair article. It's just disgusting, and giving it more and more attention is just sickening. I am surprised. I do not see the appeal.

• 3 weeks later...

I absolutely adore Emma and her work, but I do not think "The Bling Ring" seems like a nice project for her. Honestly, I was done with the story from the moment it broke. Then there was the reality show on E! and the Vanity Fair article. It's just disgusting, and giving it more and more attention is just sickening. I am surprised. I do not see the appeal.

As a Software Engineer, I find myself very disconnected from most popular culture. So, reading the premise of this movie was the first I had heard of the whole ordeal.

Having been a fan of Emma's for nearly a decade, now, I find myself excited to see how she plays this role. It's so different from that to which we're all accustomed.

I'm reminded of Robin Williams in "One Hour Photo". When I first saw the trailer for that, I thought "Mrs. Doubtfire, Good Morning Vietnam, Flubber, Aladdin...? He's going to be awful for this serious and creepy role!" I was way off. He nailed it! I personally feel it was one of his best performances.

I expect the same from Emma in "The Bling Ring". It's certainly a counter-Emma role; but if she pulls it off, then everybody will realize that she does - in fact - have a respectable range, as an actress.

Nice to see a fellow computer programmer on here. I am majoring in it right now.

I personally think Emma is great for the role. It's very 'anti Hermoine.' Spoiled rich girl gets into trouble, gets arrested, and causes mayhem. Very disconnected from the character of Hermoine, who isn't spoiled at all and very rarely gets into trouble (and always plays by the rules.)

She needs this role, I think, if she ever wants to strip herself from the world of Harry Potter. I don't want Emma's career to go downhill, because people can't separate her from her previous character. That has happened to so many child stars, it isn't funny...I want Emma to be able to show off her acting skills in many different roles.

Nice to see a fellow computer programmer on here. I am majoring in it right now.

I personally think Emma is great for the role. It's very 'anti Hermoine.' Spoiled rich girl gets into trouble, gets arrested, and causes mayhem. Very disconnected from the character of Hermoine, who isn't spoiled at all and very rarely gets into trouble (and always plays by the rules.)

She needs this role, I think, if she ever wants to strip herself from the world of Harry Potter. I don't want Emma's career to go downhill, because people can't separate her from her previous character. That has happened to so many child stars, it isn't funny...I want Emma to be able to show off her acting skills in many different roles.

Mind if I ask where you're going to school?

Back on topic: I agree. This is a defining role in Emma's quest to permanently avoid being typecast as a fantasy actress. That said, I'm not too sure how confident I am in her ability to pull it off. Don't get me wrong: I'm rooting for her, all the way. But I wasn't too pleased with her performance in Ballet Shoes.

I just got "My Week with Marilyn" but I haven't yet watched it. Hopefully, she shows a bit more range, there...

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...