• Please log in to reply
660 replies to this topic

#21 GameDr04

GameDr04

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:44 AM

I absolutely adore Emma and her work, but I do not think "The Bling Ring" seems like a nice project for her. Honestly, I was done with the story from the moment it broke. Then there was the reality show on E! and the Vanity Fair article. It's just disgusting, and giving it more and more attention is just sickening. I am surprised. I do not see the appeal.

As a Software Engineer, I find myself very disconnected from most popular culture. So, reading the premise of this movie was the first I had heard of the whole ordeal.
Having been a fan of Emma's for nearly a decade, now, I find myself excited to see how she plays this role. It's so different from that to which we're all accustomed.

I'm reminded of Robin Williams in "One Hour Photo". When I first saw the trailer for that, I thought "Mrs. Doubtfire, Good Morning Vietnam, Flubber, Aladdin...? He's going to be awful for this serious and creepy role!" I was way off. He nailed it! I personally feel it was one of his best performances.

I expect the same from Emma in "The Bling Ring". It's certainly a counter-Emma role; but if she pulls it off, then everybody will realize that she does - in fact - have a respectable range, as an actress.

#22 ShipOfFools

ShipOfFools

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationOhio USA

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:05 AM

Nice to see a fellow computer programmer on here. I am majoring in it right now.

I personally think Emma is great for the role. It's very 'anti Hermoine.' Spoiled rich girl gets into trouble, gets arrested, and causes mayhem. Very disconnected from the character of Hermoine, who isn't spoiled at all and very rarely gets into trouble (and always plays by the rules.)

She needs this role, I think, if she ever wants to strip herself from the world of Harry Potter. I don't want Emma's career to go downhill, because people can't separate her from her previous character. That has happened to so many child stars, it isn't funny...I want Emma to be able to show off her acting skills in many different roles.

"Actually I'm highly logical which allows me to look past extraneous detail and perceive clearly that which others overlook." - Hermoine Granger

#23 GameDr04

GameDr04

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

Nice to see a fellow computer programmer on here. I am majoring in it right now.

I personally think Emma is great for the role. It's very 'anti Hermoine.' Spoiled rich girl gets into trouble, gets arrested, and causes mayhem. Very disconnected from the character of Hermoine, who isn't spoiled at all and very rarely gets into trouble (and always plays by the rules.)

She needs this role, I think, if she ever wants to strip herself from the world of Harry Potter. I don't want Emma's career to go downhill, because people can't separate her from her previous character. That has happened to so many child stars, it isn't funny...I want Emma to be able to show off her acting skills in many different roles.

Mind if I ask where you're going to school?

Back on topic: I agree. This is a defining role in Emma's quest to permanently avoid being typecast as a fantasy actress. That said, I'm not too sure how confident I am in her ability to pull it off. Don't get me wrong: I'm rooting for her, all the way. But I wasn't too pleased with her performance in Ballet Shoes.
I just got "My Week with Marilyn" but I haven't yet watched it. Hopefully, she shows a bit more range, there...

#24 Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker

Energetic member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:54 AM

I need to see "My Week with Marilyn". I need to.. I'll have to Netflix it.

I kinda like the idea behind this movie. It's not only different for Emma but I think it's pretty bad ass.
Be true to yourself even when others do not understand.
Posted Image
PSN: rejecteddemo :: Steam :: Tumblr :: Deviant Art

#25 Adebisi

Adebisi

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

http://www.deadline....pectacular-now/

june 14th lol the same day "this is the end" is released

Y9m353j.jpg

#26 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

Emma on Twitter (8. March): I don't really 'star' in the Bling Ring. I am probably 3rd/4th of the lead characters. (In case media/marketing is a bit misleading.) The awesome Israel Broussard and Katie Chang take the helm.

OMG this is so....... Emma! :) :) :)

"Benutze es!" = "Use it!"

„Dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.” John Updike

#27 Sacred_Path

Sacred_Path

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Mood::excited by tangents ô.Ô
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

this is so British mebbe :rolleye0012:

"Ok, well, the 'hot bod' is not a characteristic."

#28 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

this is so British mebbe :rolleye0012:

.... isn't it? B)

And she is working for her degree..... latest tweet:

I told my dad I am learning to touch type and he said he still uses the "hunt and peck" technique. And now I'm crying laughing.

„Dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.” John Updike

#29 Sacred_Path

Sacred_Path

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

THAT really is so Emma. Who the fuck "learns" to touch type? Spend more time on the internets, and touch typing will ingrain itself into your brain [/muscle memory]

#30 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

THAT really is so Emma. Who the fuck "learns" to touch type? Spend more time on the internets, and touch typing will ingrain itself into your brain [/muscle memory]

or you have a secretary, like her father..... :rolleye:

Edited by Jonny Claus jr., 09 March 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#31 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

Edit: maybe she can use it a movie sometimes.....
Like this gentleman....

#32 Sacred_Path

Sacred_Path

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

mebbe she needs to use her iphone less, and a desktop PC more.

mobile devices are the devil I tells ya

#33 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

mebbe she needs to use her iphone less, and a desktop PC more.
mobile devices are the devil I tells ya

Mobile devices = right, you cannot write essays for university on them

I wonder, how she wrote her stuff for university during the first 2 1/2 years of studies.... maybe using the "eagle-system" .... :yesyes:

#34 dookdookdook

dookdookdook

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

I've seen some people that were pretty fast even at hunt and peck. Lot's of people sort of learn how to type on their own. I took a typing class to learn properly and it improved my speed and accuracy quite a bit. Doesn't really help on a phone or tablet, but I'm actually fairly fast at thumb typing.

#35 Sacred_Path

Sacred_Path

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

Some 10 years ago when I was hanging around in chatrooms much I was pretty bloody fast. I don't think I could have improved upon that.

So Emma, get on top of it. Talk to your fans more. We're here to entertain you. :king:

#36 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

Talk to your fans more.

:lostit: :rofl:

#37 Sacred_Path

Sacred_Path

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

It's like doing the rain dance; there may or may not be rain. But if you're thirsty, you don't want to be the idiot who didn't try it.

#38 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

It's like doing the rain dance; there may or may not be rain. But if you're thirsty, you don't want to be the idiot who didn't try it.

If it would help a little that she would speak to us, I would dance around a campfire or barefoot on burning coals during a whole night ..........
But it is more likely that the new pope is visiting in shorts and flip flops St Peter's cathedral, holding a Coke and a BigMac as that Emma get in touch with her fans - even just to learn how to type.

Edited by Jonny Claus jr., 11 March 2013 - 07:44 PM.

#39 ShipOfFools

ShipOfFools

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationOhio USA

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

Wow, I just saw the trailer, and that looks like a good movie.

I hope it is. It's good that she's breaking out of the children's movies, and into more adult roles. I'd hate for her to be portrayed as Hermoine forever. 

I think it was after seeing Perks, that I realized there was hope for Emma after Harry Potter. 

"Actually I'm highly logical which allows me to look past extraneous detail and perceive clearly that which others overlook." - Hermoine Granger

#40 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:37 AM

Sigh...I come back hoping some people have outgrown the sarcasm- is just so uncalled for on here...anyway I am not going to say anything anymore...

The tweets she sent were so sweet-very Emma-I love how she gave props to the people starring in Bling Ring calling herself 3rd/4th in it...very humble and modest young woman :) As for the dad comment-I loved that...agree dook, I only learned how to type actually not thru a class but thru emails...I used to be SO slow at typing but now I can actually look at the screen and not have to look down (too often ;)).

Anyway, dying for Bling Ring-the teaser was SO awesome!!!! :) Love it! These kids were pretty clever-not being caught for over a year! Wow!

Posted Image

deeply inside credit (HP collection)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users