The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Watson to star in "Bling Ring"

my dad always stressed that education was a top priority in life, but it still took him ten years of occasional day classes and night school, to get his masters degree from Carnegie Mellon University, because he had this other commitment...feeding himself, his stay at home wife and mother of four hungry mouths. i'm just saying this because sometimes education must agree to a compromise with career goals and needs. i admire the education goals of miss Watson, no matter the length of time it takes her to acheive those goals. that is all.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So her actions aren't contradicting her own statements, her actions are contradicting your interpretation of her statements?

Have I got that right?

In some cases her actions contradicting her statements. This is not a interpretation, this is fact. Not willfully, maybe, but through the circumstances. She is badly adviced in such things (if she takes a advice at all).

Please show me those examples.

For example: I read a interview with her, were she said, she hates those big sunglasses and she will never wear them. Ok, there are hundreds of pictures out there, wearing such glasses. She says: "I do not sell sex, I do not want to be recognised as sexy". How many pictures should I post to proofe that she sells "sex" (not in a explict way, but nevertheless....) with her shootings???????

I just try to analyse her actions for sientific purposes. Maybe in a few years there will be a thesis, written by me, about "stardom"......

For me, this thread is finished now. You will not agree with me and I cannot agree with you. We will see Bling Ring in June, if we see Emma with a degree is another thing.

Once again, you are combining Professional Emma with Private Emma.

In interviews she's talking about what she does in her real life. Not in the press. 

She doesn't wear inappropriate clothes around New York.

Also, Ray-Bans aren't considered oversized by anyone.

Oversized as seen in The Bling Ring:

In Real Life:

Do you have any other examples?

Do they watch the movies she's in?

If they do, I think it's safe to say that they managed to figured out she's not always at school, don't you think?

Does every 7-10 year old know how long it takes to film something like [Emma's parts in] Perks and Bling Ring?

edit: about the "sunglasses" issue, see also the latest pics of her & yoga guy.

Edited by Sacred_Path

I have no idea.

Do 7-10 year olds ever read or look for anything that Emma says off camera?

Do kids that young even really care that a celebrity is going to college?

I honestly don't know. I don't really talk to that many little kids.

I have no idea.

Do 7-10 year olds ever read or look for anything that Emma says off camera?

Do kids that young even really care that a celebrity is going to college?

I honestly don't know. I don't really talk to that many little kids.

Emma's statements at a big event like the MTV awards is accessible to quite a few youngsters, I guess. And we can be sure that it was that segment of the viewers that Emma addressed with her "eager beaver" comments.

You were saying that Emma needs to say "I'm doing other things besides studying".

And that since she isn't saying that, she is misleading people into thinking that she is constantly studying and focusing only on that.

So I said, everyone who watches her movies knows that she isn't only studying.

So she doesn't need to say that, because her actions already do.

You were saying that Emma needs to say "I'm doing other things besides studying".

And that since she isn't saying that, she is misleading people into thinking that she is constantly studying and focusing only on that.

So I said, everyone who watches her movies knows that she isn't only studying.

So she doesn't need to say that, because her actions already do.

No, going back to where this started, you essentially say: it doesn't matter if Emma says one thing and does another, because pictures/ reports of her actions tend to get leaked to the public anyway, so she can't mislead anyone. Which is a really bad argument, amirite? Edited by Sacred_Path

No, going back to where this started, you essentially say: it doesn't matter if Emma says one thing and does another, because pictures/ reports of her actions tend to get leaked to the public anyway, so she can't mislead anyone. Which is a really bad argument, amirite?

Okay, so back when she starts school, she isn't doing any other projects, and she says she's totally focused on school alone.

That's her statement at that time.

Then, she starts taking on more projects, doing movies, and living away from Brown. These actions, which happened after the original statements, means that her priorities have clearly changed.

You're saying that her being in movies and being the face of Lancome isn't telling everybody that her priorities are on those things as well?

And the fact that she isn't telling interviewers that her priorities have changed means she is purposefully misleading the public into thinking that they haven't?

When people go see her in movies, or see her photoshoots, they can't figure that out for themselves?

You're saying that her being in movies and being the face of Lancome isn't telling everybody that her priorities are on those things as well?

Again, you say that what Emma says doesn't matter, because her actions take place in public. Which is a really odd reason to exempt someone of the normal moral standards (that your words and your actions should align).

And the fact that she isn't telling interviewers that her priorities have changed means she is purposefully misleading the public into thinking that they haven't?

I think I answered that right at the start. It's Emma who keeps coming back to talking about education. She doesn't even avoid the issue entirely; by her words, she could still be the schoolgirl that concentrates on her grades.

When people go see her in movies, or see her photoshoots, they can't figure that out for themselves?

Only dedicated fans of Emma try to keep an overview of all the things she does. If I know that a certain actress I have seen in a movie is also going to uni at the same time, it doesn't make me wonder. In the case of Emma, it's her many activities that make me wonder about her curriculum.

But this is going in circles. I would actually ask you to reveal your own position on Emma & education & public statements instead of just asking questions, but I'm tired.

If Emma graduates with honors this year, I will be in awe and I will [possibly] never criticize her again. If she doesn't get a degree or makes it just barely, I'll say maybe she should have focused a bit more on her studies. Which is cool too, btw. Our failures only make us more lovable, and all that jazz.

Again, you say that what Emma says doesn't matter, because her actions take place in public. Which is a really odd reason to exempt someone of the normal moral standards (that your words and your actions should align).

When she talks about herself, she's not trying to make everybody see her in a certain light. She's just talking about how she views herself as a person..

If other people see her in a way that is different from how she sees herself, that's not her problem.

She is not responsible for any discrepancy between the way others see her and how she see herself. That is not in her control.

I think I answered that right at the start. It's Emma who keeps coming back to talking about education. She doesn't even avoid the issue entirely; by her words, she could still be the schoolgirl that concentrates on her grades.

How is the fact that she is travelling proof that she doesn't care about her grades?

Her location in the world doesn't tell you how much attention she is paying to her classes. 

You don't know what's she doing in her trailer or on a plane. She could care just as much about school now, as she did then. 

Her professional work is not a window into how she's doing at school.

Only dedicated fans of Emma try to keep an overview of all the things she does. If I know that a certain actress I have seen in a movie is also going to uni at the same time, it doesn't make me wonder. In the case of Emma, it's her many activities that make me wonder about her curriculum.

Emma doesn't want you to think about her curriculum.

She wants that to be completely separate from her professional work.

You insist on questioning her dedication to a part of her life that she doesn't even want you asking about.

You insist on questioning her dedication to a part of her life that she doesn't even want you asking about.

She has not the power to ask us, which part of her life we should discuss or not. In the moment she makes a public statement, it is not private anymore.

"It is not your business" is a killer-argument and useless in this discussion.

You shouldn't have started this discussion in the first place.

Emma's performance at school is NOT public information.

I'm saying it's none of your business, because Emma has the right to keep that information to herself.

And you should have the decency to respect that 

Ehm... is that why you bothered to go for 3+ pages "THATS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS" / "SHE DIDNT SAY THAT", spiced up with rhetorical questions? The EDL is strong in this thread.

No, I bothered because you continue to bring it up in every topic on this forum.

Do I? I doubt that. Maybe look at all my posts across all threads I've been active in.

If you stop bringing it up, I will have no reason to argue with you over it.

Counter offer, I'll stop talking to you about it until you've made your own position on the matter clear. Unless of course you're a troll and you have none.

Emma's performance at school is NOT public information.

I'm saying it's none of your business, because Emma has the right to keep that information to herself.

And you should have the decency to respect that 

a] A forum is for discuss things - otherwise dook could close the page

b] It is, because she spoke publicly about it and made a big fuss about Brown and her time there.

c] She has; but then she should keep quiet permanently. Only in the moment it becomes unfavourable for her, it becomes a "private matter".

d] No.

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

my goodness. 

why does any discussion end in an discussion about how you can say your meaning?

And would please, someone say me what this discussion is about? Education again?

I would say she don´t get her graduate this year, but it don´t matters to me that much. But yes Jonny she should not say that its soooooo important to her then.