The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Watson to star in "Bling Ring"

Damned i hate this Nikki.

Sounds like a bitch. She just has to say a few words and i hate her. 

I´m no good man, i judge to fast i fear.

after watching 1 of her videos, I thought she was really... not likeable. Now after having watched several videos of her, I'm mostly feeling sorry for her. Not sorry that she had to spend jail time specifically, but generally sorry because she seems like a genuinely confused person.
  • Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I see myself being like an Angelina Jolie, but even stronger, pushing even harder for the universe and for peace and for the health of our planet. God didn't give me these talents and looks to just sit around being a model or being famous. I want to lead a huge charity organization. I want to lead a country, for all I know".

Who needs Emma when you've got Angelina?

So somehow once again OT...but I will say my two cents: Emma is a very strong role model and one I am proud my young nieces look up to-loves Emma! (who wouldnt of course)...she is CHOOSING to get a degree from an extremely prestigious college while working, she had to work her butt off to get into that college, she works extremely hard at her craft, chooses to stay out of the limelight when she easily could be in it, she is down to earth and humble (tweeted that BR she is not the star but like #3/#4 in it). She loves her family and friends. She's a good, kind, young woman.

Back on topic-the Bling Ring on Lifetime was interesting-I saw about 20 minutes of it-cant wait to see it in its entirety-Emma especially of course :) but really looking forward to all of the cast!! :) I still cant believe they got away with it for so long.

Ahhh Emma_Rules you were just insulted by a troll...dont listen to him. We dont know why he is here except to CONSTANTLY put Emma down and show sarcasm-clearly a person with no life who likes to make others miserable and constantly make jabs at a kind, sweet 23 yr old woman because she CHOOSES not to share her personal life with the fans and that has made the lil man upset.

Anyway, yesterday had to deal with third graders acting like him. So dont listen to him Emma_Rules.

Besides Emma as Nicki, who are the other characters yall are excited to see? I am looking forward to the ring leader played by Katie Chang-want to see why she was the strong one of the bunch who was the leader.

she is CHOOSING to get a degree from an extremely prestigious college

But in a time, only very rich parents could affort for their kids....

Oh, and I am choosing to become president of the United States - so I am also a good rolemodel?

Alexis on "Bling Ring" some weeks ago......

65651_561789677192395_1381984693_n.jpg

554819_561789860525710_1583691574_n.jpg

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

The Leader and i wanted to see more of the Boy.

Man Alexis don´t sound that bad. She seems to have a functional brain. I hope the film shows something of what she wanted to see in it. i have trust in Sofia Coppola, too, that she will make more of it than a party movie with teens who robs celebrities.

By the way, what is the "Bling Ring" doing today? are they still friends?

I actually read that piece by Neiers yesterday. She really thinks the Bling Ring warrants serious examination in a documentary-style film, rather than getting that everyone understands what their motives were and now we only want to be amused by movie that exploits the banality of their acts and personalities.

this girl can be relieved, they only going to condemn Nikki in the film the same pathetic 30 days that she was sentenced to.

She also said this movie is trashy. of course it is, like she and her friends

She said:  another party movie bassed on teens robing celebrity homes. exactly the same she was doing , party, party and shit through the nose

but she say nothing when they gave her a tv show....

Omg Adebisi I was thinking the same thing!!! Neirs had gotten an E! Reality show after all this happened and got dropped when she was arrested for drug use...she is a spoiled brat who is upset by this portrayal because the truth hurts. But I also blame her mother for not havig boundaries for her daughter(s).

Based on the trailer, Emma's portrayal is so spot on-her Valley girl accent kills me ;)

I think it comes down to the fact that now Neirs is seeing herself for real. I mean she probably doesn't think she is a terrible person. Well now that is being thrown in her face and all of the world is about to hate her even more. I am not saying she is a good person, I am not saying she is bad... I don't know her lol. But, its got to be tough to see a bad part of your life being protrayed for the whole world to see.

Couldnt have said that better Arie...I mean she made stupid choices, I get that but again mother not exactly a good role model. Also, now that she has a kid, maybe she will change and become the mom her mother wasnt to her and her sister.

But again, she did accept the whole reality series on E! so clearly she was NOT ashamed for doing what she did.

I think it start's with the way, parents raising their children. I do not blame her in the first place for what happend, because if she never got a feeling what is "right" or "wrong" you cannot expect that she is a "good girl". The other thing is, that the pressure on kids is sometimes so high, even in Kindergarten or elementary school. Wear the latest fashion, boots and shoes with a "trade mark", even your lunch-box should be "in"..... So what can we expect? These kids are missguided by society, by people they think they are "role-models" (like Miss Hilton and all the other "celebrities") and by greed for wealth, luxury and the "beautiful life".

I feel sorry for her, but maybe she can manage it to get some sort of normal life. Seeing your own life and stupidity in a movie and seeing you own person played by Emma Watson, a girl who is everything Alexis is NOT, must be a pretty harsh punishment.

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

I think that we are putting to much blaim on her parents. I mean Alex was old enough to know that this was wrong, she wasn't a kid. At some point you can't keep saying its due to her upbrining. Otherwise you sort of take away all her free will. I mean its like saying that someone with bad parents has no chance of turning out okay. Yeah, it may be harder. But, we can't put all the blaim on soceity or parenting. Each person has power of their own.

It's confirmed by the festival PR Manager, Emma  will be present for the world premiere of The Bling Ring at Cannes Film Festival next month (May 16, 2013) & there will probably be a press conference.

Awesome news!!!! :) Thanks for sharing that info!!

Arie I do agree with you, that by a certain age people do need to take responsibility. But as a teacher to kids whose parents have royally messed up raising them and who now some are either in jail (yes former students are in jail), I do blame those parents. As for Alexis, she should've tried harder to change. I guess I am trying to say if we do keep blaming everyone and anyone for kids' behavior, then our society is in trouble. But I think parents of troubled kids need to take a look at themselves too.