The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Watson to star in "Bling Ring"

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hermione Granger couldn't it either.

Krum was a sort of "last minute choice" because Ron didn't want to ask her. She did not seduce Krum, she just said yes to his question.

Ron is a poor chap. In real life their relationship would last for a month, not more. Hermione is much to dominant. But Rowling created Ron as a phlegmatic typ. In the marriage of Ron and Hermione it is Hermione, who wear the pants.

And Charlie - well, this story is different. But I think, still in this perfect book she (Sam) is not seducing him (Charlie) or "selling her assets".

What I ment was, that Emma (and Sam, not Hermione) is such a perfect personality, that you (as a man) should fall in love with her without that she needs to show parts of her body.

But, Sacred, with point one you hit the spot again; she cannot sell attracting a male. Not in a movie and not in real life.

I have the same feeling that I had in Perks, when I saw Nina Dobrev play the concerned good-hearted sister; that she got the wrong role. I have no doubt that Claire Julien would have seemed much more at ease in this scene ;) Edited by Sacred_Path

Well I wouldnt judge anything until youve seen it.

As for Nina, she played Charlie's concerned sister wonderfully in my opinion.

Claire Julien still plays a Nicki type-there would have been no difference.

I for one (just from trailers) think Emma nails it. She makes me so far want to hate her character which is the goal I believe LOL

As for Nina, she played Charlie's concerned sister wonderfully in my opinion.

I don't think her performance was bad, but in my mind, Emma would have been the obvious choice for Nina's role, and vice versa.

Well I saw some pictures of that very scene from Neier's reality show juxtaposed with Emma's performance, and what can I say, she's actually very close. Neiers doesn't seem to have been a natural at seduction either :P

Edited by Sacred_Path

I think that's kind of the point. Like these girls are so disillusioned, they think they're these hot shit celebrities, but they're actually just awkwardly embarrassing. Like, she's there thinking if she flashes her boobs she'll be able to manipulate that guy, and everyone in the audience is rolling their eyes because they're just ridiculous attention seekers. And we know that, but they don't. :P

BINGO...reality stars ALL of them are so disillusioned... but the sad thing is especially here in the states, people LOVE these shows-because people love to see a train wreck. Nicki and her friends were old enough to know what they were doing was wrong. But I think they were like WOAH fame, fortune, notoriety! Emma and her cast I believe nail their roles-Emma as Nicki is gonna be the best-so different from any other role we have seen her play-Hermione, Sam, Pauline, Lucy. Just cant wait!!! :)

I think that's kind of the point. Like these girls are so disillusioned, they think they're these hot shit celebrities, but they're actually just awkwardly embarrassing. Like, she's there thinking if she flashes her boobs she'll be able to manipulate that guy, and everyone in the audience is rolling their eyes because they're just ridiculous attention seekers. And we know that, but they don't. :P

you're probably right, though I wonder if that's not too meta for the Bling Ring audience ;)

Yeah I think the problem is that it kind of seems marketed as a fun teen summer movie, but in reality it is a Sofia Coppola film. So while a lot of people will go to it, think it's funny, quote the lines, lust after their wardrobes and whatnot, only the critical thinkers will likely get the message. I'd guess that a lot of people may be disappointed because they're expecting a fun, fast-paced movie when Sofia tends to favour darker, more intelligent films (and it will be interesting to see which style she goes with). Like I don't think you watch a Sofia film to have a good time, or as background noise while you design and code (haha can you tell how I watch most chick flicks?), they usually have lots of layers. But obviously you make a movie about spoiled brats breaking into celebrity homes and add Emma Watson to the cast and you're attracting a whole differet audience than what her films usually attract and it's hard to predict what will happen and how it will be perceived. 

Yeah I think the problem is that it kind of seems marketed as a fun teen summer movie, but in reality it is a Sofia Coppola film.

Welp, they certainly set the tone for that with those trailers. Edited by Sacred_Path

Ling those were all very good points! The bottom line is this: those kids, STOLE millions!!!!! It was not like they went and took one thing that was inexpensive or did it for a day as a dare. They did this for what? A year and a half!

I think it will be perceived by some that this is a fun summer movie but really the overtone will be-these kids were thieves who sadly got caught up in the celebrity world. I am dying to see how Katie Chang (the ringleader) convinces everyone to do this horrible task. Of course, dying to see Emma in an entirely different role too :-)

Personally I'm hoping for a mostly light, fun movie; it shouldn't be too heavy handed. The implications of everything going on inside and around the Bling Ring are too obvious. I don't need a director to point them out to me.

Not really relevant but I found this in a recent Bling Ring interview. Interesting insight into her future.

“I am finishing my degree; that’s one of the reasons I am still in the United States,†she said. “I think I have three classes left to take and then I will graduate.â€

She enjoys living in America. “I am less of a local celebrity here, so that affords me a greater degree of freedom,†she said. “I just always felt really comfortable here.â€

But she does not rule out eventually going back to the United Kingdom. “I would love to go back home at some point and do some theater,†she said.

Not really surprising, she has expressed her fondness of 'Murrica and 'Murricans several times. I could imagine that it's inviting to stay and enjoy the hubris afforded movie stars there, then go back to the rougher climate of Britain once she's more settled ;)

I think it's fun to live in a different place for a while (I'm doing the same thing, moving to England in two weeks). But yeah especially in NYC, New Yorkers are too New Yorkerish to make a fuss of anything. I can see how it is appealing to live in that area. 

The celebrity culture is way way worse in Britain.

in terms of paps, that may be so.

But it also seems much less forgiving/ more about jealousy-fueled hatred.

Edited by Sacred_Path

But it also seems much less forgiving/ more about jealousy-fueled hatred.

That's very true in LA. That's why she always spends as little time as possible there, because of how toxic that environment is.

You don't really get that in NY.

Awww I love how Emma loves us Yanks here :) I can see her going back to her home and doing theater too though. She has always expressed interest in this. A few of her HP buddies have been doing theater so it should be a matter of time before she does theater too :)

Thats one awesome thing about our colleges-your senior year you can only have 3 classes left :) Congrats to our soon to be graduate!! :)

Roberto, thanks for sharing the article (forgot to say that earlier). I agree with Emma-it is very scary what people have access to these days. The violation of having something stolen from you SUCKS...my $500 BRAND new bike was stolen from my OWN home. I was heartbroken and ANGRY.

Also, the things Emma was sharing-her favorite special things (TOO CUTE!!!!) ;) I will let people read that part for themselves. But I just thought that was too cute.

I can see her going back to her home and doing theater too though. She has always expressed interest in this. A few of her HP buddies have been doing theater so it should be a matter of time before she does theater too

Plus, she would be able to cut her hair short again.

I think (sadly) to get more movie roles (I think even Emma eluded to this) , she has to keep length on it. It took close to 2 years to grow back so if she continues movies she cant really touch the length. I love her shoulder length :) but it will be cool seeing her again with longer hair :) Emma can pull off any length though-all styles work for her-my favorite is her braid.

Sorry :) I knew what you were getting at...agree.

Btw read the article you posted and I love this description of Emma and her privacy "jealously guards her privacy" :) Emma loves keeping her private life that-private. This is why I say we need to respect her privacy as her fans :)