The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Watson to star in "Bling Ring"

If she wanted to be really contrarian she could say "I love being in Germany and I'd like to live there for some time". You only hear that about once every 30 years (possible exceptions: David Bowie, George Clooney)

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i respect her privacy...she can count on me. always.   :):wub:

Yup, people like Angelina Jolie (topic: breastcancer) or Michael Douglas (topic: the very private reason for his cancer at the throat) must be the pure horror for Emma. Angelina and Michael (and Sara, his wife as part of the reason) adressed very private, very intimate topics to warn people and to support sience in search for help. This is what I call people with message and personality.

Emma, on the other hand, will have so much privacy, that it can happen that she will be forgotten soon. Unfortunatly some nice pictures in lented dresses (her words) and some movies for children and teens are not enough to found fame for eternity.

I will never understand why she is hiding like a hunted animal. Nothing of her genuinity is left; at the moment she is only a fashion-doll. And this is a insult to her personality and the power, she would have to push things forward.

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

Michael Douglas is married to CATHERINE ZETA JONES.I doubt millions of people would forget bout Emma, as she's not just a fashion doll, she's a role model to millions out there and to most people on this forum coz it is called the emma watson (dot net) forum.

Ms Jolie and Mr Douglas are 38 and 68 years of age, respectively. That's a pretty different stage of life from being 23 -- an age where you're still trying to figure out who you are and what you want in life. We've all seen what happens to young celebrities who try to figure that stuff out under a magnifying glass. As a 25 year old, I'm often overwhelmed by the magnitude of what my decisions at this age can mean for the rest of my life, and a lot of my energy is spent trying to navigate that. An offhand comment about my choices from an acquaintance can cause me to analyze my life for several hours. It would be horrible to have the entire world judging every move I made, writing articles about it, badmouthing me because I've not completed a degree in the time they find acceptable, or belittling what I say because they think it's not important enough for the world to hear. So, yes, if I were Emma I would keep those kinds of things far, far away from the public.

Ms Jolie and Mr Douglas are 38 and 68 years of age, respectively. That's a pretty different stage of life from being 23 -- an age where you're still trying to figure out who you are and what you want in life. We've all seen what happens to young celebrities who try to figure that stuff out under a magnifying glass. As a 25 year old, I'm often overwhelmed by the magnitude of what my decisions at this age can mean for the rest of my life, and a lot of my energy is spent trying to navigate that. An offhand comment about my choices from an acquaintance can cause me to analyze my life for several hours. It would be horrible to have the entire world judging every move I made, writing articles about it, badmouthing me because I've not completed a degree in the time they find acceptable, or belittling what I say because they think it's not important enough for the world to hear. So, yes, if I were Emma I would keep those kinds of things far, far away from the public.

I just adore you Ling! That is so true, um look what happened to Lindsay Lohan, Amanda Bynes etc. She does have plenty of good advisers, she still talks to her mom about things and keeps friends close. She's grounded enough to do well in the future whatever that is. I won't suffer if she will stop being in the film industry doing films, photoshoots, attending red carpet events. She is intelligent I believe in her she'll use that for the best.

As a 25 year old, I'm often overwhelmed by the magnitude of what my decisions at this age can mean for the rest of my life, and a lot of my energy is spent trying to navigate that. An offhand comment about my choices from an acquaintance can cause me to analyze my life for several hours. It would be horrible to have the entire world judging every move I made, writing articles about it, badmouthing me because I've not completed a degree in the time they find acceptable, or belittling what I say because they think it's not important enough for the world to hear. So, yes, if I were Emma I would keep those kinds of things far, far away from the public.

I think Emma unfortunately subscribes to the same reasoning - "I'm young, and I don't want to be typecast, and I certainly don't want to seem clueless". See her "imposter syndrome" comment. It's unfortunate because not everything you say, even as a person of public interest, is set in stone, and people wouldn't judge her half as harshly as she seems to believe they would. Jonny is right, Emma tries to steer a ship without navigation, she wants to be in the public eye with her work but she takes herself back when it comes to sharing personal insights.

I think Emma unfortunately subscribes to the same reasoning - "I'm young, and I don't want to be typecast, and I certainly don't want to seem clueless". See her "imposter syndrome" comment. It's unfortunate because not everything you say, even as a person of public interest, is set in stone, and people wouldn't judge her half as harshly as she seems to believe they would. Jonny is right, Emma tries to steer a ship without navigation, she wants to be in the public eye with her work but she takes herself back when it comes to sharing personal insights.

Why can't she just be in the public eye with her work? Would does anything else have to be public?

Why does she have to act like a celebrity, when she clearly doesn't want to?

Well for people who get annoyed at her not sharing please listen to this with one of my students...third graders were asked who inspires them. I just said it can be mom, dad, brother, athlete, actor, etc...so one of my third graders picked who else? Emma Watson :) it was a page long essay and was so incredibly sweet-she said Emma inspires her to be good in school, helping others, and to be an actress. It was so sweet.

Ling and Elena all I can say is love ya my sistas!!! :) I mean I think Emma has seen the train wrecks of Lohan and Bynes as well as Britney Spears (back in the day) and Miley Cyrus...she wants to keep things professional with the public and I for one love and respect those decisions/choices. She owes nothing to no one. She can share if she wants or doesnt want, we as her fans should just respect her privacy.

From a recent Wall Street Journal interview:

"I blanch a little bit when people call me a celebrity because that word has taken on a new meaning. It's actually a whole industry. Celebrity is a full-time job, if that's what you want it to be. When you turn up at an event, you're creating a lifestyle brand. It's very different from what I try to do. I love fashion but I think the film has scarred me slightly. I can't even carry a designer bag anymore, it weirds me out."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324063304578523063575092712

I think Emma and the HP crew dont see themselves as true celebrities. They use their celebrity to give to others or to sell magazines and movies. But I think that they dont see themselves as everyday celebrities. I guess what I am trying to say is that there are some celebrities who want to keep the celebrity status going 24/7 but for ones like Emma they turn that part off for their everday life. Hope I got my point across :)

Thanks for posting Roberto!

Sofia will be on Jimmy Fallon tonight.

They're probably gonna have some of the cast on next week for when it expands nationally.

Also, there's gonna be a free screening and Q&A with Israel in Washington D.C. on Wednesday night. 

I was actually able to get two passes for it, but unfortunately I won't be able to go. So, if anybody can make it and wants them, message me.

Why can't she just be in the public eye with her work? Would does anything else have to be public?

Why does she have to act like a celebrity, when she clearly doesn't want to?

When you feel like an imposter, the problem isn't people's expectations, it's your perception of yourself. And I think her reluctance to tell more about herself has to do with that.

Well, maybe Emma wants not to be treated as a "Celebrity", but, in fact, she is one since she was eleven years old.

Probably it depends how you define a "Celebrity", but Emma receives of course for years now the special treatment of a celebrity in many ways.

Maybe she is not recognising it or she thinks, that the "special treatment" she gets is normal and nothing to talk about.

It starts with all the stuff in the media. Does she really thinks that magazines, newspapers ecc. would write about her, if she would not be what she is?

Does she really think, that in "normal life" you have a swarm of assistants, dressers, make-up artists, bodyguards, publicists, doing everything you want?

Does she really think that even rich ladies have a private assistant at hand, helping them over some stairs with the dress when visiting a concert or opera?

Does she really think, that the most important designers of the world would throw their dresses after her if she would not be THE Emma Watson?

Do you have in "real life" 7 Million followers on twitter or forums, in which people are fighting about the way you should be seen?

No, Emma is living the life of a celebrity (and she deserves it) for years now, but she wants to switch her publicity on and off as she likes it. And this does not work,.

Sometimes, she is revealing a little, that of course she is expecting to be handeld as a celebrity. Remember her remark about the unfortunate customs-officer at New York?

"Not only that he did not know who I am........." - well, if she wants privacy and "not beeing recognised", she should have hugged the guy, because he treated her in the way she always says wants to be treated. - Or not?

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

When you feel like an imposter, the problem isn't people's expectations, it's your perception of yourself. And I think her reluctance to tell more about herself has to do with that.

The problem has everything to do with people's expectations.

Your self-perception has a lot to do with how others perceive you.

If everyone is constantly talking about how great you are, are you going to think:

"They all must be right, I am great!"

Or are you going to think:

"They all say that I'm so smart and pretty and talented, but I know I'm not as perfect as they say I am. What will happen when they realize that?"

Do you see how that constant praise can make you doubt your own self-worth?

If everyone has unrealistically high expectations about you, wouldn't any normal person feel inadequate trying to live up to that?

Do you see how that constant praise can make you doubt your own self-worth?

If everyone has unrealistically high expectations about you, wouldn't any normal person feel inadequate trying to live up to that?

But how exactly does it improve things for you if you simply try to dodge publicity? I'm p. sure that doesn't make the feelings of awkwardness go away. I'd advise her to speak her mind more often on all kinds of matters, and soon people would stop looking at her as some kind of iconic saint ;)

i am perfectly fine with whatever Emma wants to share or not share, and i respect her choices and her privacy. i am a fan of her acting talent, her beauty, and her personality which comes through both onscreen and offscreen in interviews and appearences. everything else is her business, her life, and i hope she gets to live it the way she sees fit, same as other huge names like Denzel Washington, Meryl Streep, and Helen Mirren, who are never in the news or celebrity-gossip-drama-trashmedia life, and we, as fans, get to see what matters most...their amazing and talented body of work on the stage and silver screen. that is all.

Denzel Washington, Meryl Streep, and Helen Mirren, who are never in the news or celebrity-gossip-drama-trashmedia life,

Hmm, I suggest to google these names carfully; enough interesting statements and reports about the three actors over the years....

i am perfectly fine with whatever Emma wants to share or not share, and i respect her choices and her privacy. i am a fan of her acting talent, her beauty, and her personality which comes through both onscreen and offscreen in interviews and appearences. everything else is her business, her life, and i hope she gets to live it the way she sees fit, same as other huge names like Denzel Washington, Meryl Streep, and Helen Mirren, who are never in the news or celebrity-gossip-drama-trashmedia life, and we, as fans, get to see what matters most...their amazing and talented body of work on the stage and silver screen. that is all.

AMEN!

Ling and Elena all I can say is love ya my sistas!!! :)

Love you too <3

But how exactly does it improve things for you if you simply try to dodge publicity? I'm p. sure that doesn't make the feelings of awkwardness go away. I'd advise her to speak her mind more often on all kinds of matters, and soon people would stop looking at her as some kind of iconic saint ;)

That would have to involve her changing her entire personality.