The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Watson to star in "Bling Ring"

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no respect for your post, but I think it's unnecessary to comment on it. ;)

I have a list saved with such comments, I can talk about it with an admin If you want

Edited by Adebisi

Never said anything to that effect.

No, you were keeping your posts deliberately vague. Otherwise I think you'd have trouble explaining where your duty as an actor ends and your private life begins.

I have a list saved with such comments, I can talk about it with an admin If you want

Do me that favor. I don't think any admin is fond of your posting style.

No, you were keeping your posts deliberately vague. Otherwise I think you'd have trouble explaining where your duty as an actor ends and your private life begins.

Where the line between those two is located is obviously the basis of this entire discussion.

We both know that I think her duties as an actor is significantly smaller than you do. 

That doesn't mean you need to purposefully misquote my stance in an attempt to make it look ridiculous.

There's no need for this to devolve into straw man arguments and red herrings.

No, you weren't actually asking that. You were misquoting my stance, in an attempt to make me defend it.

If you just wanted me to elaborate, why didn't you just ask me to?

Putting words in people's mouths and then expecting them to defend themselves isn't how you have a civil discussion.

All it does is make them not want to talk to you.

No, you weren't actually asking that. You were misquoting my stance, in an attempt to make me defend it.

If you just wanted me to elaborate, why didn't you just ask me to?

For all purposes, I just did this in my last post. Again. It doesn't seem like you want to answer those questions.

Yeah, after I called you out. Way to go.

You shouldn't have misquoted me in the first place.

The fact that you're not even acknowledging that what you're doing is wrong suggests that you're going to continue doing this.

If you're not going to play fair, then I have no interest in participating.

You've been purposefully misrepresenting my position.

No I didn't, and why should I? It's not like anything is to be gained objectively from this discussion. What I did was paraphrasing a position I find nonsensical. I could have left out the quotation marks and that wouldn't have changed anything. You've got to live with the fact that people will find it ridiculous if you argue strongly for a paradoxical position.

BTW, don't bother trying to answer that question now. I take it you don't have an answer to it.

I am so tired of this. Any further snide, sarcastic, mocking, insulting, etcetera remarks about other members will result in suspension or ban from the forums.

look the last two pages. Im waiting....

the day I wanna know how many times she cross the road or how many she takes a plane or where she is, or searching 15 webs for a stupid photo at the airport, that day im gonna be a f*ing fool

I don't feel adressed here as I don't hunt for pictures, but I know people who do that and could be insulted by this.

BTW I never put people on ignore, no matter how little sense their posts make.

Clearly some people didnt get what Bling Ring is all about-the OBESSION with a celebrity and what they do...it beyond scares me how people know where Emma is located and what she is doing. I am cool when EMMA posts on twitter what she does or where she is, but not by regular everyday people. Lil scary....

Emma Watson refuses to go on Facebook. She has a page for professional matters that associates look after, but says she’d feel as though she was being ‘stripped bare’ if she networked on the social site for real.

‘It would be like wearing no clothes; stripped bare,’ Emma told me. ‘I have a professional Facebook page — but not a personal one.’

She’s flabbergasted at how omnipresent social media has become across all ages.

‘I see three-year-olds with iPhones and other gadgets and already they’re comparing themselves constantly with others about how many friends, clothes and places they share. It’s this super, hyped-up, intense version of childhood, which can’t be healthy,’ she said.

She noted that we’re all becoming celebrities in our own right. ‘We’re documenting and putting out there all aspects of our lives. You do something, then you tweet it. It’s not just celebrities who are dealing with this lack of anonymity and lack of privacy. Everyone is branding themselves now.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2350420/I-just-want-make-people-laugh-says-Emma-Watson-tells-aversion-social-media.html

I couldnt agree MOOOOOORE...I have THIRD GRADERS IN MY CLASS who have FB...she is 110% dead on about becoming celebrities ourselves...I truly hate that my college cousin has lots plastered on her page like her friends. But I know people who are worse than her. I dont do FB either-I am on it every 10 months (so my friends estimate, I say 8 ;)). But I REFUSE to share personal info on it. I got twitter based on a dare and used it once LOL. I dont know my screename or password! LOL

Eh, I know she's not interested in communicating with fans. I don't really need to know more specifics. I could say "but you're not naked lollercakez" but that wouldn't change anything.

Although the question presents itself... if it's not just celebrity business, if everyone is doing it, shouldn't she just give it a shot?

I truly dont get the obessession of wanting to know things about her life or any other celebrity. We sadly live in a world of stalkers and celebrities like Emma are smart to protect themselves. Tom Felton was royally p'oed in his twitter last year that someone hacked into his girlfriend's FB page. There are too many unstable people out there. The less revealed the better. Bling Ring clearly taught that lesson.

Her FB can still be hacked wether it's updated by herself or a third party, just sayin.

For a real life Bling Ring to happen to Emma, people would have to know where her houses/ appartments are... which I don't (and no I'm not asking for that info).

, people would have to know where her houses/ appartments are... which I don't (and no I'm not asking for that info).

I did, and it was so simple.... I met a former business partner from my time at the bank. He is working with some well informed people in London. After three cocktails, a cigar and some smalltalk he promised me to look into the matter. Well, after two more days I got a e-mail with what I wanted. Confidential, of course. But it seems, that the "Strawberry-Cake-Thing" will not happen. So I will visit "The street were you live" [© My fair Lady] in September.

And, befor somebody is making false allegations: I want to see her house, not her!

Edited by Jonny Carinthia