The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma-Watson.net calendar competition and graphic competition

Monthly graphic competition  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello everybody !!

So the last few month I complained a lot about the calendar competition on the website, so I would like to talk about it seriously with you, so that I stop polluting Emma-Watson.net ;)

1rst of all let me be clear : I truly enjoy the calendar competition every month, when it's about the 25th or the 26th i'm always thinking "When will they start the votes ? I wanna vote !!" haha. I find amazing how everybody can be creative, and make beautiful fan arts about our beautiful Emma. It's always about making the best of her pictures to create a piece of work.

However, as I said on the site, I am sometimes disapointed to see that what should be a calendar finish being pictures + a lot of numbers. Come on, this is not a calendar ! It did not change my vote, as I chose my calendars with the pictures and the creativity, however I always think that a beautiful calendar with the real dates in the right order is a better work because the person made an effort to make something beautiful and fitting the definition of a calendar. To me that's the hardest part of the job : to create an actual calendar.

So I would like you opinion on it. That's why i made the poll.

Here is what I would like to propose :

* Once a month there is the calendar competition, at the same dates, but with the new rule : the dates must be put in order for us to actually know which day of the month we are. Don't even need to put the name of the days ! Look at the last one : http://emma-watson.net/Media/calendar/1203.jpg very pretty, respects the dates, and we understand which days each niumber represents.

* Once a month, around the 15th, we make a graphic competition. So that the only rule would be to give a theme to respect (a color, to highlight a quote of her, to highlight the movie HP1, to use a picture from the london premiere of HBP, to use pictures where she is smiling, to use flower decorations, etc...). So that anybody can give something, it's easy, and for those who hate the calendar aspect, it's okay ! And we have double pleasure (because I love the artistic aspect of the calendar competition !!)

So every month it would be like (just an idea) :

3rd we open the graphic competition (rules + the theme)

13th we vote

15th we know the winner

17th we open the calendar competition

29th we vote

1rst we see the winner !

Would that not be nice ?

I truly belive in my idea, please give yours, comment, vote, add ideas, make it better ! =)

Tess

I've never noticed random dates but I can understand your frustration with this. It's not the members place to decide the rules though. Maybe take it up with an Admin?

I've never noticed random dates but I can understand your frustration with this. It's not the members place to decide the rules though. Maybe take it up with an Admin?

Sure it's not our role to decide, however Dook always makes his best to please everyone, so I thought that if we already had talked about that before and we were a lot to agree, we could present the idea to him with the opinion of everyone, instead of opening a debate in the comments. And if he refuses I won't say anything, because I respect his work.

Of course, if my idea is rejected, I'll stop talking about it ^^

It's a good idea, I'm just not sure if you creating a petition would help or not though. I think a mod should come across this soon as it's a new topic. Hopefully we get an opinion higher up. >.<

The thing is, I created a poll to see what people on Emma-Watson.net really think about it. It's not to take action instead of the admins or what, I promess ! I just want to see if actually i'm the only one to think about it (beaucause sometimes people notive but don't tell), and if i'm one and only, then i'll forget.

But if you see this the other way around, why should I go at war if i'm alone ? My aim is not the decide for the others, so let's talk about it all together =)

I can promess, my idea is to see what the others think about it, and then to TALK (and not to oblige or anything) with the admins. ^^ I just want to know, to have answers, because on the comments of E-M.net it's not enough, people don't folow the conversation.

Edited by Thessalia
  • 11 years later...