The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Amortentia - what attracts you?

If you were to smell Amortentia, the most powerful love potion in the world, what do you think it would smell like? Mine would smell like Frangipani, maybe wet paint haha, French Vanilla candles always smell nice too.

Which character/s would you use it on?

Would smell like roses, and chocolate. If I had to choose between a luck potion and a love potion, I'd choose the luck one, coz I'd do something useful, rather than make someone fall in love with me temporarily. In the HP world, I'd give it to Harry or Neville.

If I had to use Amortentia, the type of smell that would attract me is the smell of Pepsi and Monster Energy drink, lol. I wouldn't use it on anyone, except maybe on Cho Chang or Fleur Delacour.

YAY Kimberley! Good Topic! <3

^ Interesting spin Revan

I'm not sure what scents/smells attract me most, I think it would be interesting to find out though. Taking the amortentia would be quite informative and I think it might surprise me to find out some of the scents that are a source of attraction for me.

As far as using it on someone... perhaps wittingly when both subjects had knowledge of it as Revan suggested, but even then it would have to be an established romance/relationship that I knew worked without an "aid" or "drug" first. Only with the purpose to enhance the experience, rather than create an entirely manufactured attraction.

Never on someone without consent and knowledge, that could potential verge into the realm of violating personal ethics and social morays.

• 4 weeks later...

Night flower, definitely night flower. That scent feels so magical to me, it attracts me so much. I have connected it with memories of mine from long time ago. When i was a kid, the first time i ever smelled, i was trying to describe to my mom the scent so she could tell me what it was :P

Or coffee :ph34r: lol

I have no idea whom i'd use that potion on lol Maybe Sirius? If i weren't popular enough and he wouldn't pay attention to me :P

Edited by Dina-chan
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...