The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Hey

I was hopnig someone might have done the AS AQA syllabus practical exam (aka Unit 3 "EMPA") since schools were allowed to start doing them on the 1st of this month. I've got mine in 2 days and I was hoping someone could tell me what was in it. All I know so far is that it heavily involved micrometres and electricity.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

1 and 2 were easy. 3 was easy but tedious and ambiguous. A lot of the questinos asked you to give general answers like, describe this graph, even though the graph didn't have any values on it, so you had to give a general trend and explain why... the entire paper was pointless and annoying

Hey, I've got my EMPA next wed (short tasks a & B) longer task 2 on thursday and then the written paper on the 26th april after easter. How was it and what were the experiments about? Got some time for the written paper luckily, thanks

( A and B )*

• 2 weeks later...

hey matthewont ..

i was wondering if you would do me a big insane favour and gimme hints about the empa you did .. mine is in may i think

please i'm particularly not very good at empas :( . i mess up my experiments and you know ectt..

i was just wondering if you would help me out :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I've got my EMPA next wed (short tasks a & B) longer task 2 on thursday and then the written paper on the 26th april after easter. How was it and what were the experiments about? Got some time for the written paper luckily, thanks

( A and B )*

heyyyyy

*waves*

Hey all, hope your well. I have mine on Monday; absolutely bricking it! Failed it last time so, this time really is make or break for me; I know this is cheeky, but any help, however small, would be greatly appreciated :) I hear everyone's getting really annoyed about the 'ridge' question something do to with 96 ridges?

Hey everyone,

I've got the written part of my Physics AQA A EMPA tomorrow, any tips on what to revise? I mean I'm going to go over the obvious stuff, so uncertainties, errors (random and systematic), precision, reliability, projectile motion and suvat equations, considering the experiments we did. I've heard potential dividers may come up? Anything else in particular?

Thanks, greatly appreciated