The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does he have to do with the oil?

I see where you got your idea :P

http://iwastesomuchtime.com/on/?i=28764

haha, not exactly from there, but yes. :P It's how it usually goes. I don't wanna say everything has to do with resources, but it's often the reason, or strategic locations.

I don't know if it was said before, but the money didn't go to Uganda, only a very small number. The rest went into his own pocket, PR etc.

Scary how easily people get manipulated.

Edited by I am Not Purple

haha, not exactly from there, but yes. :P It's how it usually goes. I don't wanna say everything has to do with resources, but it's often the reason, or strategic locations.

I don't know if it was said before, but the money didn't go to Uganda, only a very small number. The rest went into his own pocket, PR etc.

Scary how easily people get manipulated.

Makes sense, but we still have to find a direct connection in this situation.

I heard that but than I saw a few graphs and it didn't actually look that way. Well let me rephrase. People were saying he spent thousandss ap upon thousands more on the video. But on all the graphs I saw the amount spent on Uganda and the video were equal. However there were a lot of other random costs. AND the amount spent on Uganda should have been thousands more than the video not equal too. I think part of the issue is that there wasn't a place to really use this money for his specific cause. His cause is to arrest kony. You don't need money for that, you need police and soldiers. So maybe once he started raising money he didn't know what do without, thus the video. Which he might argue is the whole point of what he's doing. Because it still seems weird to me why such a professional, high quality video. Would have been just as affective because of the content on a smaller scale. This is just an idea.

I can catagorically announce that if there is any volume of oil in Uganda, that there is no where near the amount there is in KSA. All one needs to do is look at the oil markets. If you immediately disagree with me, then my next question would be what grade of oil is it? and what's the cost/barrel in mining it out of the ground right now?

• 4 weeks later...

I have been reading up on this guy and was just floored,disgusted,shocked, etc...while we were so busy looking for Bin Laden, this guy has been on the prowl and continuously doing these heinous things. Hope we as a world, can track this slimeball down...apparently April 20th will be the day that countries have reward signs posted on this creep.

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want to help. I don't understand why people just turn the faces the other way and think that's okay.

People do want to help. But this isn't helping.

There are so many things that are wrong with Kony 2012.

Firstly, the whole campaign is a distortion. As mentioned earlier, Kony isn't even in Uganda. By bringing in American forces you are making a situation so much worse. It also brings out the USA as Superheroes as usual. Because America and the UN are our saviours, always there to lend a hand to helpless countries with no personal interest of their own or any agendas other than a soft heart.

Yes. Nobody knew about Kony 2012, so let's help now. But wait a second, people know about Bahrain don't they? People know about so many human rights offenders, and yet NOTHING is done. So great of us. What are the chances of finding a man who isn't even in the country? All these promises, and no action. All these hopes brought up, with no guaranteed result. I wonder how everyone will feel when they're let down. Nothing new anyway, thats just governments for you.

This campaign makes it seem like the solutions are so simple, so obtainable. It perpetuates the myth that Africans can't deal with problems on their own, that they don't believe in human rights. What about all the money? The 30 dollars you're paying for a kit? Any idea WHO that is going to? Let's take the Ugandan army as an example. By paying money to support them, we're supporting their ideologies too. Anyone have any idea on how corrupt they are? The numerous cases of sexual abuses by the soldiers? By joining this campaign, we're not only re-sparking a terrorist who has been inactive for many years, we are supporting currently active abusers.

It's funny. We see people in the news every day, dying, being tortured, starving. Where's the fuss?

If something was gonna be done about Kony, it would've been done long ago.

I don't think anybody here wants people to go through pain, or suffering. But I also don't think people like being fooled.

People do want to help. But this isn't helping.

There are so many things that are wrong with Kony 2012.

Firstly, the whole campaign is a distortion. As mentioned earlier, Kony isn't even in Uganda. By bringing in American forces you are making a situation so much worse. It also brings out the USA as Superheroes as usual. Because America and the UN are our saviours, always there to lend a hand to helpless countries with no personal interest of their own or any agendas other than a soft heart.

Yes. Nobody knew about Kony 2012, so let's help now. But wait a second, people know about Bahrain don't they? People know about so many human rights offenders, and yet NOTHING is done. So great of us. What are the chances of finding a man who isn't even in the country? All these promises, and no action. All these hopes brought up, with no guaranteed result. I wonder how everyone will feel when they're let down. Nothing new anyway, thats just governments for you.

This campaign makes it seem like the solutions are so simple, so obtainable. It perpetuates the myth that Africans can't deal with problems on their own, that they don't believe in human rights. What about all the money? The 30 dollars you're paying for a kit? Any idea WHO that is going to? Let's take the Ugandan army as an example. By paying money to support them, we're supporting their ideologies too. Anyone have any idea on how corrupt they are? The numerous cases of sexual abuses by the soldiers? By joining this campaign, we're not only re-sparking a terrorist who has been inactive for many years, we are supporting currently active abusers.

It's funny. We see people in the news every day, dying, being tortured, starving. Where's the fuss?

If something was gonna be done about Kony, it would've been done long ago.

I don't think anybody here wants people to go through pain, or suffering. But I also don't think people like being fooled.

This comment was made a while ago and if you read through the rest of the topic you would have seen that I changed my opinions a lot.

This comment was made a while ago and if you read through the rest of the topic you would have seen that I changed my opinions a lot.

I did read the whole topic, and my post is for every one who holds such a view.

I did read the whole topic, and my post is for every one who holds such a view.

Then why did you quote me? Your post was very good and stood well on its own! And i don't think like that anymore. I only did at the beginning when the video first came out. When I did more investigation my whole opinion changed. I just felt like it was directed completely towards me since you quoted me and I wanted to let you know that I haven't thought that way since the beginning.

Then why did you quote me? Your post was very good and stood well on its own! And i don't think like that anymore. I only did at the beginning when the video first came out. When I did more investigation my whole opinion changed. I just felt like it was directed completely towards me since you quoted me and I wanted to let you know that I haven't thought that way since the beginning.

Because I've had many people bring up the same point on compassion and misunderstanding the actual effects of this campaign, and so my post was a response to anyone who thought that way. I think it's great that you've read more about it and changed your mind. We were all surprised and horrified when the video came out, that such things were happening, and I was the first to encourage people about it. However, it is through reading and investigating that we realize there is more than meets the eye. Don't worry, it wasn't directed at you, I completely get you. :3m_sie:

Because I've had many people bring up the same point on compassion and misunderstanding the actual effects of this campaign, and so my post was a response to anyone who thought that way. I think it's great that you've read more about it and changed your mind. We were all surprised and horrified when the video came out, that such things were happening, and I was the first to encourage people about it. However, it is through reading and investigating that we realize there is more than meets the eye. Don't worry, it wasn't directed at you, I completely get you. :3m_sie:

Okay phew :3m_sie: , I just wasn't sure!!! I agree, everyone needs to look into things more. Myself included!

-----------

I think a second part of the video came out a few days ago. I remember seeing something, but I didn't have time to check it out. I never remembered to look back for it. Did anyone watch it? I am just interested in what the second video has in it.