The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Does anyone still buy music CD's?

With technology being so advanced these days, do you still buy music CD's? Have you kept have any old records or cassettes? I can only think of two stores in my city that have a section for CD's but it's a rare sight to see anyone browsing there.

Yes I still buy CDs. I like to have a cd to look at the song lyrics and admire the cd photos that come with it. Sure, I could find all that on the internet but it's not quite the same as holding a cd booklet in my hands. I download music from the internet too, by legal means as well. I usually only download music if I only want one song from a particular artist. I wasn't much of a collecter of music so I never collected any cassettes in the past.

I personally don't but my dad is still a huge collector of CDs and records. He has a collection of close to 10,000. No joke!!! It's one of his hobbies so I think he will continue for as long as they are still available. I however hate the clutter so I don't like buying CDs. Sometimes I buy the CD if there is a big sale on something I have been wanting. Especially older stuff because that much cheeper to by used or even new from a store then to by online.

I still buy CD's. Mostly I download most of my playlists from iTunes and such but if I really like it I buy a hard copy. I feel that the quality would be better plus a having a hard copy in case I lose files in my computer.

I must say. I love music in general and I am addicted to it. I have a whole collection of music CD's in my room. I have about 20 music CD's lol. And I am still buying music CD's from different types of stores such as Wal-Mart, Barnes and Nobles, etc. Although I never buy music CD's online for some reason (I always buy them at the store).

Yeah I still buy CD's now and then. Mostly from artist I really like. Otherwise I hop on to iTunes and get only the song I want. I still like having physical stuff.

I have 150 more or less. I love music and i used to buy cds a lot back in the time when i didn't download music/listen to music online and i could afford buying a whole cd just for a couple songs in it that i actually liked. I can't afford doing that anymore. I mean it's aprox 20euros a cd so no thank you. I only buy the cds of artists i really REALLY love, which is 1-2 max cds a year.

Nope. I actually know more people who buy LPs than CDs :P Why spend money on CDs when all you want nowadays is an easily transferablee file. Much easier to download it from a multitude of websites. Naturally you should only ever download legally.... :rolleye0012:

Yeah, I still buy 'em. I'm a bit of a quality fanatic so I like to have the CD since they are nowhere near as compressed as mp3s and other formats. Also, if something should happen to corrupt the file or something, I still have the CD instead of the music just being gone. I've got a friend who had several hundred gigs of music on his HD and his computer just recently went toes up. He's hopeful he can get the music of the HD still but that's really something that you shouldn't have to worry about if you have the physical disc and take care of it.

I only buy CDs if I really support the band and/or if they are doing special offers with it (buy the cd get a shirt).

Recently bough the new Say Anything CD. Amazing stuff, if anyone is interested in having your mind blown :D

I only buy CDs if I really support the band and/or if they are doing special offers with it (buy the cd get a shirt).

Recently bough the new Say Anything CD. Amazing stuff, if anyone is interested in having your mind blown :D

I had a sneaky suspicion you were into punk haha. I've only just started to really appreciate the actual punk. I've been into the heavier stuff for ages haha.

And I agree with you, I'll buy a CD if its a pre-oder or something and I get some merch with it too.

When we are old and CD's have become what records are today its going to be sweet to have a huge collection. I don't really just buy and old CD, I try to get the discography's of bands I love. That way when I die I'll have a huge collection of CD's that I can pass down to my kids or what ever, its gonna be sick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My mother still buys CDs. :)

I buy them if it's, say, JoJo, which is to support JoJo because I just love her music - she is so talented. I generally just listen to music online, but I have a CD collection from when I was younger.