The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Does anyone still buy music CD's?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a fair few CD's, mostly from local bands etc, but in the course of my work, I need to have a couple of 'reference' tracks too, to make sure sound kit is working as it should (this used to be invaders must die by the prodigy, but I lost that a few weeks ago).

I also have a few records for the same purpose

• 1 month later...

I usually listen to albums for free using Spotify. I do have an old Busted album though, that i still listen to, had it for years..Some of the other cd's i own were downloaded for free :rolleye0012: i very rarely use my money to buy a cd nowadays. I feel like it's a waste of money as i can listen to entire albums for free, like so many others do, on Spotify :)

Edited by Emmafan456
  • 1 month later...

I download a lot of my music from Amazon and listen through Amazon Cloud Player across my devices.

But if it's an artist I really like I will buy the CD, I go to a lot of concerts and usually get them signed. The last CD I brought was Songs From The Silver Screen by Jackie Evancho <3

• 7 months later...

The name of the topic made me laugh ! 

I actually still buy CD's sometimes, but it's a little expensive (usually around 15€ in France), so I ask them for Christmas, or I sometimes legally download the album when my bank offers me a 10€ Itunes card for example. 

I feel that we can be angry with the industry because the record companies take too much money on the artists' work, but i feel that if I like and artist, he brings me a lot of emotions so it's normal to thank him and buy his art. Even though Rihanna, Beyoncé, Britney, ther are all rich, well it's still their voice, their work, if I like, I buy ! 

However, as it's expensive, I usualy listen to music on deezer or youtube.