The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Wouldnt It Be Nice To Know How You Sound Like?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to post something again, but i don't know what to say haha!

Well, peeps. I successfully recorded my voice. You do not know the headaches that went into this.

It was a total FIASCO last night. Spent two hours trying to record, with no success. Should have seen me in chat portraying my emotions. :lol:

Alrighty, here goes (even though I hate my voice). You be the judge:

P to the S: The recording is of me reciting one of my writing pieces, entitled "Cool", that I wrote about two years ago. I hope you like it. ;)

http://www.4shared.com/audio/CNicb7UP/KLos_Voice.html

-crosses fingers- I hope this works!

;)

IIIIIIIIIIIIII LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAV YO' VOICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SOOO EFFING MUCH! I could listen to you all day, seriously! <3 <3 And your accent is awesome :P Speak Spanish next time aye? :o

woop, go me!

sorry about the dbl post, but heres a better recording of my voice

me

haha awwhh cute voice :P Loving the accent

^Cute accent, Chris. ^_^

IIIIIIIIIIIIII LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAV YO' VOICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SOOO EFFING MUCH! I could listen to you all day, seriously! <3 <3 And your accent is awesome :P Speak Spanish next time aye? :o

DINNNNNAAAAA, lol. Thanks :D . I don't think it's that great :doh: but okay :rofl: . Well, I uh, yeah, I...um...made a clip of my voice in Spanish. I chose to read an excerpt from one of my fav books. I haven't read the whole thing in Spanish yet, but A Tree Grows in Brooklyn was originally published by Betty Smith in 1937 in American English. It's a great read.

Anywho, the excerpt I didn't want to break. So the whole clip is like 4 minutes long :o . I edited it too LOL.

So if you just want to listen to the clip, here: "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" Spanish Excerpt

Click the spoiler if you want to view both Spanish quoted text and my English translation (I translated it myself, since I don't know where my English version is yet lol): Warning, it's a lot of text :o

“«Apacible» era la palabra que se habría empleado para describir Brooklyn, Nueva York. Especialmente en el verano 1912. Como palabra, «sombrío» era mejor, pero no se adecuaba a Williamsburg, uno de sus suburbios. «Apacible» era la única palabra que le convenía en el atardecer de un sábado de verano.

Ya entrada la tarde, el sol declinaba sobra el patio en penumbra de la casa de Francie Nolan y sus rayos calentaban la madera roída de la verja. El único árbol que había allí no era un pino ni abeto. Sus hojas lanceoladas se extendían por las varitas verdes que irradiaban del tronco como si fueran sombrillas abiertas. Algunos lo llamaban el árbol del cielo, pues allí donde caía su semilla crecía otro que luchaba por llegar arriba. Lo mismo florecía entre cercas que entre escombros; era el único árbol que podía brotar de las grietas del cemento. Se esparcía frondoso, pero únicamente en las barriadas populares.

Los habitantes de Brooklyn solían pasear los domingos por la tarde y, caminando plácidamente, llegaban a un bonito barrio, muy distinguido. Cuando vislumbraban uno de esos arbolitos a través de las rejas de una propiedad, sabían que pronto ese paraje se transformaría en una barriada obrera. El árbol lo sabía. Había llegado el primero. Después llegaban extranjeros pobres que invadían el lugar y las viejas y tranquilas moradas de piedra gris se convertían en pisos, en cuyas ventanas aparecían edredones de pluma puestos a airear; entonces el árbol del cielo florecía. Así era ese árbol: amigo de la gente pobre.

Ése era el tipo de árboles que habían arraigado en el patio de Francie. Sus ramas se asemejaban a sombrillas enredadas y envolvían por completo el tercer piso de la escalera de incendios. Una chiquilla de once años, sentada en esa escalera, podía creer que vivía en un árbol. Y era lo que Francie se imaginaba todos los sábados por la tarde durante el verano.â€

-A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, by Betty Smith, published 1943.

My English Translation:

“Calm†was the word that could have been employed to describe Brooklyn, New York. Especially in the summer of 1912. (As) [The] word “gloomy†was better, but did not fit in with Williamsburg, one of its suburbs. “Calm†was the only word that agreed, especially in the late afternoon (dusk) of a Saturday in the summer.

Afternoon just entered, the sun declined in semidarkness above the patio of Francie Nolan’s house, and its rays warmed the gnawed wood of the fence. The only tree that was there was not a pine, nor a fir. Its speared leaves expanded by green wands that radiated from the trunk as if they were open parasols (umbrellas). Some called it the tree of the sky, where its seed fell and grew another that fought to become tall. The same bloomed between the fences and rubbish; (it) was the only tree that could sprout from the cracks in the cement. It dispersed luxuriantly, but only in the populated neighborhoods.

The residents of Brooklyn usually took a walk on Sundays during the afternoon and, walking placidly, arrived in a pretty, very distinguished neighborhood. When they discerned one of these little trees through the fences of a property, they knew that the area transformed into a working (class) neighborhood. The tree knew it. It arrived here first. Afterwards, the poor foreigners that invaded the place arrived and the old and tranquil grey stone dwellings turned into floors, in which their windows appeared feather comforters put out to dry; then the tree of the sky bloomed (flourished). Thus was this tree: (the) friend of the poor people.

Those were the type of trees that could have rooted in Francie’s patio. Its branches were similar to entangled umbrellas and developed to complete the third floor of the lighted staircase. A little girl of eleven years, she sat in this staircase believing she could live in this tree. And it was what Francie imagined every Saturday in the afternoon during the summer.

--Note: Where you read "the tree of the sky": "cielo" is literally defined as "sky", but can also mean "Heaven".

Well, I uh, yeah, I...um...made a clip of my voice in Spanish. I chose to read an excerpt from one of my fav books. I haven't read the whole thing in Spanish yet, but A Tree Grows in Brooklyn was originally published by Betty Smith in 1937 in American English. It's a great read.

Anywho, the excerpt I didn't want to break. So the whole clip is like 4 minutes long :o . I edited it too LOL.

So if you just want to listen to the clip, here: "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" Spanish Excerpt

Nice voice Kim! And cool spanish ;D You pronounced árbol and sábado wrong, tho lol Now, I wanna read that thing too! >0<

Nice voice Kim! And cool spanish ;D You pronounced árbol and sábado wrong, tho lol Now, I wanna read that thing too! >0<

Yeah, I know. I realized that after I made the clip -shrug- . I didn't feel like re-doing the whole thing because that finished product up there was like the fourth recording I did. It took me over 45 minutes, not to mention another 20 minutes editing it.

Yeah, the book is very good. I'm enjoying it a lot; it sounds more lively and vivid in Spanish, and the imagery is brilliant; the translator did a great job of getting the pertinent facts across to the Spanish-speaking reader as they are written in English.

Right

So having re-found thos topic, and just done about 7 hours of work with no break, and about 3-4 pints of beer, this is what I tend to sound like.

No, I'm not Australian or Kiwi even if it sounds like I am, my accent is dynamic dependant on tiredness and intoxication/boredom.

I'm from the North of England, but currently live in the South west so it's a cocktail of Regional accents.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/_4qvUYpJ/BlokewithBeer.html

^Cute accent, Chris. ^_^

DINNNNNAAAAA, lol. Thanks :D . I don't think it's that great :doh: but okay :rofl: . Well, I uh, yeah, I...um...made a clip of my voice in Spanish. I chose to read an excerpt from one of my fav books. I haven't read the whole thing in Spanish yet, but A Tree Grows in Brooklyn was originally published by Betty Smith in 1937 in American English. It's a great read.

Click the spoiler if you want to view both Spanish quoted text and my English translation (I translated it myself, since I don't know where my English version is yet lol): Warning, it's a lot of text :o

“«Apacible» era la palabra que se habría empleado para describir Brooklyn, Nueva York. Especialmente en el verano 1912. Como palabra, «sombrío» era mejor, pero no se adecuaba a Williamsburg, uno de sus suburbios. «Apacible» era la única palabra que le convenía en el atardecer de un sábado de verano.

Ya entrada la tarde, el sol declinaba sobra el patio en penumbra de la casa de Francie Nolan y sus rayos calentaban la madera roída de la verja. El único árbol que había allí no era un pino ni abeto. Sus hojas lanceoladas se extendían por las varitas verdes que irradiaban del tronco como si fueran sombrillas abiertas. Algunos lo llamaban el árbol del cielo, pues allí donde caía su semilla crecía otro que luchaba por llegar arriba. Lo mismo florecía entre cercas que entre escombros; era el único árbol que podía brotar de las grietas del cemento. Se esparcía frondoso, pero únicamente en las barriadas populares.

Los habitantes de Brooklyn solían pasear los domingos por la tarde y, caminando plácidamente, llegaban a un bonito barrio, muy distinguido. Cuando vislumbraban uno de esos arbolitos a través de las rejas de una propiedad, sabían que pronto ese paraje se transformaría en una barriada obrera. El árbol lo sabía. Había llegado el primero. Después llegaban extranjeros pobres que invadían el lugar y las viejas y tranquilas moradas de piedra gris se convertían en pisos, en cuyas ventanas aparecían edredones de pluma puestos a airear; entonces el árbol del cielo florecía. Así era ese árbol: amigo de la gente pobre.

Ése era el tipo de árboles que habían arraigado en el patio de Francie. Sus ramas se asemejaban a sombrillas enredadas y envolvían por completo el tercer piso de la escalera de incendios. Una chiquilla de once años, sentada en esa escalera, podía creer que vivía en un árbol. Y era lo que Francie se imaginaba todos los sábados por la tarde durante el verano.â€

-A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, by Betty Smith, published 1943.

My English Translation:

“Calm†was the word that could have been employed to describe Brooklyn, New York. Especially in the summer of 1912. (As) [The] word “gloomy†was better, but did not fit in with Williamsburg, one of its suburbs. “Calm†was the only word that agreed, especially in the late afternoon (dusk) of a Saturday in the summer.

Afternoon just entered, the sun declined in semidarkness above the patio of Francie Nolan’s house, and its rays warmed the gnawed wood of the fence. The only tree that was there was not a pine, nor a fir. Its speared leaves expanded by green wands that radiated from the trunk as if they were open parasols (umbrellas). Some called it the tree of the sky, where its seed fell and grew another that fought to become tall. The same bloomed between the fences and rubbish; (it) was the only tree that could sprout from the cracks in the cement. It dispersed luxuriantly, but only in the populated neighborhoods.

The residents of Brooklyn usually took a walk on Sundays during the afternoon and, walking placidly, arrived in a pretty, very distinguished neighborhood. When they discerned one of these little trees through the fences of a property, they knew that the area transformed into a working (class) neighborhood. The tree knew it. It arrived here first. Afterwards, the poor foreigners that invaded the place arrived and the old and tranquil grey stone dwellings turned into floors, in which their windows appeared feather comforters put out to dry; then the tree of the sky bloomed (flourished). Thus was this tree: (the) friend of the poor people.

Those were the type of trees that could have rooted in Francie’s patio. Its branches were similar to entangled umbrellas and developed to complete the third floor of the lighted staircase. A little girl of eleven years, she sat in this staircase believing she could live in this tree. And it was what Francie imagined every Saturday in the afternoon during the summer.

--Note: Where you read "the tree of the sky": "cielo" is literally defined as "sky", but can also mean "Heaven".

Heeeeeeeey she's not crazy, she is like super awesome! Loving your voice, it's so calming <3 And the accenttt was hottt :o I don't have a clue whether it's right or wrong haha but it sounded good :D

Right

So having re-found thos topic, and just done about 7 hours of work with no break, and about 3-4 pints of beer, this is what I tend to sound like.

No, I'm not Australian or Kiwi even if it sounds like I am, my accent is dynamic dependant on tiredness and intoxication/boredom.

I'm from the North of England, but currently live in the South west so it's a cocktail of Regional accents.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/_4qvUYpJ/BlokewithBeer.html

It's so weird hearing your accent like this .. not normal, kind of creepy. But your accent is lovely. And no, I'm not just saying this because you have a British accent. pfft.

Well, I just read the text which Kim read before xD

and i just read the text too! here ya goooooooo :)

a tree grows in brooklyn.wma

There you go:

http://www.4shared.com/audio/taTgxaR_/german.html

"It's Saturday night, actually Sunday already. Downstairs is a party, loud music...and yeah, thats what german sounds like"

OMG RICH. HAHAHAHA. i love your german accent <3 TOTALLY did not expect that, I expected you to have an american accent for some reason and ik that was really dumb on my part lol. but yeah, took me by surprise xD

OMG RICH. HAHAHAHA. i love your german accent <3 TOTALLY did not expect that, I expected you to have an american accent for some reason and ik that was really dumb on my part lol. but yeah, took me by surprise xD

Nice voices everyone.

Oh wrong thing to say, I hate german accents so effing much. :P Annoying and stupid. Especially when they say 'ze' instead of 'the'. Maybe I'll post my current accent sometimes. And I don't think I'll ever pull off an american accent. I'm better doing a british one kinda. :P

Edited by I am Not Purple

WHY HAVEN'T I SEEN THIS TOPIC BEFORE? :excited: Friggin awesome hearing all your voices people! Actually cooler than seeing pictures. :)

Mine

:mellow:

*Runs away forever*

Btw I don't have a lisp :P It sounds like it!

Hehehehe okay I just listened to what i sound like - and I have to say I don't usually sound as childish as what I sound like on the recording :P It really is so weird listening to your own voice!

Fingers crossed this works :PAlex's voice

You guys made me all emotional :sob: Can't hear Kiwi accent without growing a hole in my stomach. I used to have a kiwi accent myself but I pick up accents from others so since I have a canadian in my corridor I lean towards north american accent now... *sigh* With Swedish in it of course haha.

• 2 weeks later...

You ruined that by going "Yo yo yo"

true ! lol

I listened to all ur voices the other day but what was awesome was i mixed up all thebsound files and had fun pairing them up !.

You all sound Great i will post myself soon when i am alone and can think of something to say !

• 1 month later...

...yeah veeeeerrryy late on this one but here:

(my throat was a little scratchy so, yeah)

Woah talking to you would really improve my listening skills, you talk pretty fast :P Awhh such a cute voice you have :wub: Ima put that as my ringtone. No wait message tone. No wait ALARM CLOCK! <3

Edited by He is Not Purple

Woah talking to you would really improve my listening skills, you talk pretty fast :P Awhh such a cute voice you have :wub: Ima put that as my ringtone. No wait message tone. No wait ALARM CLOCK! <3

Usually I make the most annoying sound I can find to be my alarm... :mellow:

------

Kim, Kimmeh and Dina; please tell me y'all aren't sirens. :wub:

Edited by sirbenedictvs
  • 2 weeks later...