The Emma-Watson.net Forum

There isn't really a way to make it from scratch. You either buy ice tea. Or make tea, cool it down, and add ice. Buying tea bags and making it that way is cheeper than buying ice tea. You can but a whole box for a dollar or two (american idk how it compares there but should stil be cheap). Hope that helps at all!

There isn't really a way to make it from scratch. You either buy ice tea. Or make tea, cool it down, and add ice. Buying tea bags and making it that way is cheeper than buying ice tea. You can but a whole box for a dollar or two (american idk how it compares there but should stil be cheap). Hope that helps at all!

This. That's pretty much the only way of making iced tea... unless you get that powdered stuff which isn't that good though.

I figured that was the way.

Whats the ratio though? How many bags to how much water?

And is some tea better than others?

I'm nit sure of the exact ratio but you can for sure find that online somewhere. Flavours are really just up to preference. I would stick to lemon, peach, normal flavours.

There's usually a ratio on the box for making how ever much tea. I would experiment though because it all depends how strong you want the tea to be.

I love Arizona Iced Tea. Their Green Tea with honey and Pomegranate with Acai are my favorites.

I'm nit sure of the exact ratio but you can for sure find that online somewhere. Flavours are really just up to preference. I would stick to lemon, peach, normal flavours.

Cheers, I had a quick squiz online but thought I might try asking people I actually know first! haha.

I'll give it a try today.

There's usually a ratio on the box for making how ever much tea. I would experiment though because it all depends how strong you want the tea to be.

I love Arizona Iced Tea. Their Green Tea with honey and Pomegranate with Acai are my favorites.

Is that with the powdered tea? I don't think I've ever seen it for sale before.

Cheers, I had a quick squiz online but thought I might try asking people I actually know first! haha.

I'll give it a try today.

That's a good idea too. Ask someone's mum lol

Arizona tea is bottled ice tea. Idk if they sell it outside the US. It is extremely cheep though. Goes on sale sometimes 2 big bottles for $1

That's a good idea too. Ask someone's mum lol

Arizona tea is bottled ice tea. Idk if they sell it outside the US. It is extremely cheep though. Goes on sale sometimes 2 big bottles for $1

Far that's cheap!

We only got Lipton or Dilmah here. Its like $3.50NZD for 1L

Well, 3.50NZD is 2.80USD, so yeah....

THAT is another reason why the USA is better than any other country.

I know, i looked it up lol, that's a lot for a drink!!!

You're joking right? the US has so many issues!

They do sell tea bags, but only in limited flavors...though that's not a problem really since all their flavors are amazing haha.

Arizona Iced Tea

They're mostly known for their tall cans though. Like Arie said, a can is 99 cents. They do sell the powered kind too. Not sure if they sell in New Zealand though...

I know, i looked it up lol, that's a lot for a drink!!!

You're joking right? the US has so many issues!

I most certainly am not joking. I'd pick the US over NZ any day!

They do sell tea bags, but only in limited flavors...though that's not a problem really since all their flavors are amazing haha.

Arizona Iced Tea

They're mostly known for their tall cans though. Like Arie said, a can is 99 cents. They do sell the powered kind too. Not sure if they sell in New Zealand though...

True. I've never seen it for sale over here unfortunately.

You don't know how lucky you are! haha

I most certainly am not joking. I'd pick the US over NZ any day!

True. I've never seen it for sale over here unfortunately.

You don't know how lucky you are! haha

If it makes you feel better, you guys have amazing scenery. Nothing like that here in the US haha.

If it makes you feel better, you guys have amazing scenery. Nothing like that here in the US haha.

Have you been to NZ?

The scenery is alright I guess. You got to drive out to it though, otherwise its fairly standard.

The US has everything from desert to snow. I've been in snow twice in my life!

And is some tea better than others?

Flavor is up to personal preference, but in terms of health benefits green and black tea are more beneficial. Green tea contains a lot of antioxidants and research has shown it's good for memory and cognition. It also has heart benefits and is shown to help fight cancer. Black tea has many of the same benefits to a lesser extent. That's not to say other teas aren't good for you, but their benefits aren't as high as green or black tea. Honestly tea in general, no matter what kind you drink, is better than a lot of stuff out there (like soda, sports drinks, ect.)

It didn't work? What did you do?

I made it too strong. Also I read that you could use honey as a sweetener. That didn't really taste as swell as I had imagined it would........

I don't know the right ratios or nothing.

Flavor is up to personal preference, but in terms of health benefits green and black tea are more beneficial. Green tea contains a lot of antioxidants and research has shown it's good for memory and cognition. It also has heart benefits and is shown to help fight cancer. Black tea has many of the same benefits to a lesser extent. That's not to say other teas aren't good for you, but their benefits aren't as high as green or black tea. Honestly tea in general, no matter what kind you drink, is better than a lot of stuff out there (like soda, sports drinks, ect.)

Good thing I drink loads of tea then! haha.

Tea's good stuff man. I had lemon leaf tea in Fiji, that stuff was magic. Word of advice though, it isn't the same as a regular lemon tree leaf hahaa

Well honey won't work right unless it's in hot tea. If you are making it hot than you need to sweeten it then so it dissolves properly. Also if it's too strong all you have to do is water it down more! Try again, you will succeed! Every time you try right down the measurements. That way if you make a perfect batch you will have the amounts for the future!

• 10 years later...