The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Profile page and music

Well, I have a suggestion. I know maybe be it's impossible but I wanna share my idea. :blush::yesyes: I think it will be great if we have this ability to select a song for our profile page and when somebody views our page the music would start to play. :D what do you think? ;)

No every song that you like, like a menu. music for just prof pages not for the hole site.I mean that

And we have this ability to have not any any song for our page. I mean, everyone who want can do it.

Edited by Joannedern

I don't think IPB's software allows that. More to the point there would be a lot of legal issues surrounding this. While some artists don't care if you post their music, others do, hence why you see a lot of removal on youtube or why they post the song's info below in the information menu. It would also put an additional strain on the server (probably not too significant to cause any problems, but it may be space well used in other pursuits). I can see the allure of this but I think it might be more hassle then it's worth, but then again maybe it isn't depending on how popular it would be.

I'd have to check if that's even possible if we would want to put that on the forums.

Personally(so just my opinion), There are not many things more annoying to me then going to a random website and suddenly an ear piercing music "thing" starts to play right over whatever I am listening to at that moment. When that happens(and luckily it does not happen a lot) I immediately do not ever visit that website anymore. "Forcing" people to listen to your choice of music(or worse, advertisements with sounds) while they are just browsing the internet is one of things I wouldn't want to promote.

Then again, if the rest of the team thinks it's a good idea I will discuss with dook the possibilities.

I'd have to check if that's even possible if we would want to put that on the forums.

Personally(so just my opinion), There are not many things more annoying to me then going to a random website and suddenly an ear piercing music "thing" starts to play right over whatever I am listening to at that moment. When that happens(and luckily it does not happen a lot) I immediately do not ever visit that website anymore. "Forcing" people to listen to your choice of music(or worse, advertisements with sounds) while they are just browsing the internet is one of things I wouldn't want to promote.

Then again, if the rest of the team thinks it's a good idea I will discuss with dook the possibilities.

Aw you're right. okay thanks for your attention. :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.