The Emma-Watson.net Forum

What to eat when you're not hungry AT ALL?

Hi everyone, I have a problem...I was sick last Monday night (threw up once and was in bed on Tuesday), but picked up my normal rhythm from Wednesday on...the problem is that ever since, my appetite has vanished. I usually have a good one, but I've really eaten very few since Tuesday. I have a friend coming over for dinner tonight and I really don't know what to serve since I don't feel like eating anything...what to do?

Edited by Bright_Star

Hmm, that's tricky. Maybe you can cook something for your friend and then have something lighter for yourself? If you just explain I don't think she'll mind. Or maybe you can try to cook something that you really really like, then it might be easier to get it down? :P Don't worry about it it will be alright. :)

This actually happens to me a lot. I never really have an appetite for anything, I just feel hungry. I stick to salads or lighter foods. Grilled chicken salad to trick myself intro eating something more substantial.

There's nothing wrong with this I don't know why your worried? When I've had a bug and been sick. It takes me 2 weeks to get into a normal eating pattern. The thought of eating usually makes me physically sick if I force it before then. I don't really know what to say as I don't see the problem myself.

As for the meal:

Just cook something small and not too big for you or them. If you can't manage anything just make sure there's at least a little protein in there. A bit of meat etc. (If your a veggie maybe not.) But seriously, don't be too worried about not eating. They should understand. You will pick up eating again when your body is ready.

If it's a problem because even though you're not hungry you feel weak. I know they aren't meant to be a substitute but try taking supplements aka vitamins and minerals. Drinking healthy juice and most likely try snacking even if you don't feel like it.

I hope I helped in some way. >.<