The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Hunger Games

My opinion on a whole though:

I watched this today. The second day after it airing worldwide and it was amazing.

I think they should have made it a 15 so we could see more. IE SPOILERS: At the start of the 'game' when the boy was stabbing the little one over and over again you didn't see the boy or any blood on the blade.

Though children died in it, I didn't find it very emotional though I could tell by how they created the moment it was meant to be. I think they could have also shown a little more here so we could feel the emotion.

I loved the likeliness to the books and the amount of action and jaw clenching moments! I definitely would go see this again.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We saw it last nite-hit the nail on the head...not anywhere near as emotional as the book. I liked it but wouldnt see it again. Loved the book so it was a bit of let down for me.

Also, my version of Peeta in the book-better than the movies version Lol

Side note-would love to see Emma take on an action/adventure role :)

I was supposed to watch it on Friday but my plans changed, seeing it tomorrow instead. Very excited! Not so excited for a future second movie, well I am, but Gale is my favourite character so far and it'll kill me seeing what happens to him on the huge screen :(

I was supposed to watch it on Friday but my plans changed, seeing it tomorrow instead. Very excited! Not so excited for a future second movie, well I am, but Gale is my favourite character so far and it'll kill me seeing what happens to him on the huge screen :(

I know :( that part of the book was sad but I also like Peeta o.o but Kim you know how I said I was seeing it on sunday? Well I got to see it today :P and I'm seeing it again tomorrow :D

I do have to admit, imo, it's a better book to film adaptation than the Harry Potter films were, and this is coming from a Harry Potter fan. The Hunger Games is deff worth reading and seeing.

I know :( that part of the book was sad but I also like Peeta o.o but Kim you know how I said I was seeing it on sunday? Well I got to see it today :P and I'm seeing it again tomorrow :D

I do have to admit, imo, it's a better book to film adaptation than the Harry Potter films were, and this is coming from a Harry Potter fan. The Hunger Games is deff worth reading and seeing.

I'm a huge HP fan too and, and while I loved reading the books, I must say that there are many better film adaptions made that the HP film series. Like I'm not surpiced that the films never won a bigger award or got an oscar.

I haven't seen the HG movie yet (OFC I wanna), but I read the books and I'm a big fan, I have high hopes for the films. I think the films is easier to adapt to the screen than Harry Potter.

The movie was good but I doubt anything will make you emotional. There's a couple of scenes they try to make emotional but you just can't feel it enough for it to upset you.

I'm awaiting the next instalment to this!

I can't believe there's going to be four movies!

Edited by Hermione

The movie was good but I doubt anything will make you emotional. There's a couple of scenes they try to make emotional but you just can't feel it enough for it to upset you.

I'm awaiting the next instalment to this!

I can't believe there's going to be four movies!

nothing has been said about splitting the film into 2 parts by the way, it's just a rumor. any yes there were some parts that were emotional, just saying.

I hear they cut a bunch off the beginning of the UK version because of the ratings. The US version shows the gore in the beginning, that's what I heard on the radio. I havnt had time to see it yet :(

It still shocks me how good looking Liam Hemsworth is, his brother was in Home and Away and I disliked him so much, but Liam... can I have him, please? ♥ Oh wait. Miley Cyrus does.

The movie was great, so true to the book. Some parts were a bit dull in comparison to the book, but it's as good as a book-to-movie adaptation can be, in my opinion.

It still shocks me how good looking Liam Hemsworth is, his brother was in Home and Away and I disliked him so much, but Liam... can I have him, please? ♥ Oh wait. Miley Cyrus does.

The movie was great, so true to the book. Some parts were a bit dull in comparison to the book, but it's as good as a book-to-movie adaptation can be, in my opinion.

I know his brother was in Home and Away I'm a massive fan of Chris. He is gorgeous. <3 I still watch Home and Away now. xD

I don't see how people can say it was terrible compared to the book. They had more detail than most adaptations. Even the cat god dammit was true to the book. Shockingly brilliant!

EDIT: To the others. They cut 7 seconds out. No more, no less and as for the next movies I heard on the news that the Director has confirmed 4 movies. I don't know which is split though. :yesyes: As for the emotional parts, we're entitled to our opinions. =)

Edited by Hermione

I know his brother was in Home and Away I'm a massive fan of Chris. He is gorgeous. <3 I still watch Home and Away now. xD

I don't see how people can say it was terrible compared to the book. They had more detail than most adaptations. Even the cat god dammit was true to the book. Shockingly brilliant!

EDIT: To the others. They cut 7 seconds out. No more, no less and as for the next movies I heard on the news that the Director has confirmed 4 movies. I don't know which is split though. :yesyes: As for the emotional parts, we're entitled to our opinions. =)

well idk where you heard that the director has confirmed them splitting a book into 2 parts, because i haven't and i go on sites like Hypable and not once have they made an article saying the director Gary Ross said this, that it was only rumored.

Edit: well i looked and looks like you were right for once, and its gonna be mockingjay thats gonna be split into 2 parts.

Edited by 2 Pints

I assumed a book is in two parts as he confirmed 4 films. I'm from the UK you don't have the same news channels as us, that's why you don't know where I heard it be confirmed. I'm only stating what I know, sorry if it's upset you. I was just being nice and informing the fans here.

Edited by Hermione

I assumed a book is in two parts as he confirmed 4 films. I'm from the UK you don't have the same news channels as us, that's why you don't know where I heard it be confirmed. I'm only stating what I know, sorry if it's upset you. I was just being nice and informing the fans here.

and why would you think i'm upset? i'm not upset about anything, and i'm a fan myself thanks. i'm more than happy that their making 4 films but how was i supposed to know that they had announced it? all i heard was their was a rumor, thats all.

and why would you think i'm upset? i'm not upset about anything, and i'm a fan myself thanks. i'm more than happy that their making 4 films but how was i supposed to know that they had announced it? all i heard was their was a rumor, thats all.

I thought you was upset because of your persistence. You made me feel like I did something wrong. I never said you weren't a fan. Now you're confusing me?

that doesnt mean i'm upset, i was just saying i thought that was a rumor, doesn't mean i was upset. and i also don't appreciate you assuming stuff, even if it was as simple as me being upset. its just one of the things that really annoy me.

Edited by 2 Pints

Ah okay well never mind then, it just seemed it. xD My bad.

So, has anyone else watched it?

Who does everyone ship?

VIA Books or Films. Depending who's watched/read what. xD

Edited by Hermione

I've read the trilogy, and I fell in love. I couldn't put down the book. I ship Peeta and Katniss! I think I've always wanted them to end up together ever since the fist time Peeta was introduced. I just love his character and the cave scenes were just amazing. The two of them together.

I haven't seen the movie yet but it looks really amazing. I didn't have time to watch it the last weekend but I'll definitely be watching it this weekend! I've been spoiled a lot already; people have told me that a lot of parts were cut from the book and parts were added, and the only thing I can say is that you can't expect it to be brilliant. Obviously they're going to cut things out otherwise it'd be a 5 hour long movie. But I haven't watched it so I have no opinion of it yet.

I've read the trilogy, and I fell in love. I couldn't put down the book. I ship Peeta and Katniss! I think I've always wanted them to end up together ever since the fist time Peeta was introduced. I just love his character and the cave scenes were just amazing. The two of them together.

I haven't seen the movie yet but it looks really amazing. I didn't have time to watch it the last weekend but I'll definitely be watching it this weekend! I've been spoiled a lot already; people have told me that a lot of parts were cut from the book and parts were added, and the only thing I can say is that you can't expect it to be brilliant. Obviously they're going to cut things out otherwise it'd be a 5 hour long movie. But I haven't watched it so I have no opinion of it yet.

i don't think they cut out quite that much, but some of the scenes they added in i think were good to add in because it gives us a sense of whats to come in the next film

i don't think they cut out quite that much, but some of the scenes they added in i think were good to add in because it gives us a sense of whats to come in the next film

Hopefully they didn't! That was just what my friend told me. But to me I think cutting out is perfectly normal, you just can't stick to the original storyline without making it too long.

All I know is that 7 seconds was cut out to make it a 12A but I had no idea they didn't do that for the one in America. I thought they just had one version of the film. I hope when I buy it on DVD that it will be the American one. The one I watched had no blood or anything remotely violent. I don't understand how it can only be 7 seconds cut out though. Surely they needed a lot more than 7 seconds to make it a 12A.

You should Sarah. It's a good film. You should read the books too!