The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Hunger Games

^You weren't too soon.... he was announced about 2 weeks ago. It might have been three. A lot of people have already complained about their poor choice of Finnick.

EDIT: I might add, me being one.

Edited by Mockingjay
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I already knew he was the frontrunner. It was only posted on lionsgatepublicity (the link I posted) today though, which is why I didn't believe anything up until now >.< I'm so disappointed :( Nothing against Sam, of course.

I'm curious to know who this is..

I'd like it to be Madge (especially since she wasn't in THG), but it'll probably end up being Annie. I have seen suggestions for (spoiler for Mockingjay)

President Coin

, though :o Like....show her RIGHT at the end after Gale says (in spoiler tags just in case there are still some people who haven't finished CF)

"There is no District Twelve."

Edited by girlonfire.

It was announced on a hunger games fan website about 2 weeks ago and majority of sites I went to from then had it on there and it was put onto all sites that have the cast list (like imdb) too. It's oldish news to me. There were 3 runners for it I think and Sam was cast about a little over two weeks back. I've been a huge fan of hunger games since before the films so I keep up to date on news daily. >.<

I can't stand his acting myself.

I've never seen Sam act before so I can't judge. THG original motion picture score (by James Newton Howard) on the other hand is brilliant, I'm listening to it over and over again (yes, I'm a bit late buying it). Annie's casting should be interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder what they're going to do for Katniss' private training session in Catching Fire. In THG movie Snow ended up giving Seneca berries instead of him being hanged. Do you think they'll avoid using the doll?

I don't think they'll change it. I think they'll have the hanging. They both mean the same thing, death. Good question though.

Edited by Mockingjay

Set pictures, JUST IN CASE no one has seen them yet..

http://jerbear-gilbert.tumblr.com/post/31518716629

Just a link to what I reblogged.

L-R: Lynn Cohen/Mags, Alan Ritchson/Gloss, Jena Malone/Johanna

L-R: Bruno Gunn/Brutus, Jeffrey Wright/Beetee, Meta Golding/Enobaria

L-R: Roger E Mitchell/Chaff, Amanda Plummer/Wiress, Josh

L-R: Stephanie Leigh Schlund/Cashmere, Willow, Sam Claflin/Finnick

Took me some time to find Jen, but here she is (again, what I reblogged)

http://jerbear-gilbert.tumblr.com/post/31530011850

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was very excited for the trailer but was let down. They purposefully left the games out and only involved politics. It's also made to appeal very over dramatic, it might as well be a Melodrama. The shots and scenes used were also terrible. I hope the film lives up to my expectations. I'll wait for the feature trailer before I judge too much.

hm, i haven´t read the book, but you could be right. Haven´t seen any game, maybe it is the same like Hp4 and they cut it out.

Or it is just in the background, when they travel around to visit the districts.