The Emma-Watson.net Forum

question about voldemorts snake

ok so my friends keep telling me that nagini is the same snake that harry freed at the zoo from the first harry potter. they say that it later became voldemorts snake. but i dont believe it, i thought voldemort randomly found nigini in albania or something? i think these rumors have been around for awhile but idk

what do you guys think?

I find it pretty hard to imagine that Nagini is the snake that went: ADIOS AMIGO! in the first book to deadly killing machine in the fourth one. If Nagini was the same snake I'm sure Harry would have commented about it.

Here is what I was looking for: Saw it ages ago.

Still have no idea if its true or not though.... I wouldn't trust this picture because there are a ton of links from google insisting otherwise. Can't find anything about Jo actually saying this.

Still have no idea if its true or not though.... I wouldn't trust this picture because there are a ton of links from google insisting otherwise. Can't find anything about Jo actually saying this.

yeah this is the same one my friend showed me! so thats why i wondered but idk

The snake in the zoo was a boa constrictor. I don't think Nagini's species was ever mentioned, but it was a venomous snake. Boa constrictors do not have venom, so could not have been the same unless JKR made a mistake. More likely though the quote is made up nonsense.

I find it pretty hard to imagine that Nagini is the snake that went: ADIOS AMIGO! in the first book to deadly killing machine in the fourth one. If Nagini was the same snake I'm sure Harry would have commented about it.

completely agree with you :king:

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine.â€

~ Abraham Lincoln

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine.â€

~ Abraham Lincoln

I know! I wrote it in my post as well. This is not just to you, but everyone else too. I never said it was reliable. I just said I had seen it! I also never claimed it was true.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine.”

~ Abraham Lincoln

Indeed, unless there is a reliable source(i.e. interview, her website or something) that says Rowling said this I would take it with a grain of salt.

I know! I wrote it in my post as well. This is not just to you, but everyone else too. I never said it was reliable. I just said I had seen it! I also never claimed it was true.

I wasn't taking a swipe at you. Please don't take it that way. But look again at my post and see who that quote is attributed to and I think you'll understand the point. :)

I wasn't taking a swipe at you. Please don't take it that way. But look again at my post and see who that quote is attributed to and I think you'll understand the point. :)

I know the quote lol, I have seen it like a thousand times around the Internet.

• 11 months later...

Tom Riddle (Voldermort) died in 1943, as shown on his tombstone in the Goblet of Fire graveyard, so in order for him to have survived, he would have had to make his 6 horcruxes before his death in 1943, as Harry was the seventh horcrux, made when Lily sacrificed herself to save her child.

Tom Riddle (Voldermort) died in 1943, as shown on his tombstone in the Goblet of Fire graveyard, so in order for him to have survived, he would have had to make his 6 horcruxes before his death in 1943, as Harry was the seventh horcrux, made when Lily sacrificed herself to save her child.

Guys, Tom Riddle did not die in 1943. Please read the Harry Potter Wikki for details:

Tom Marvolo Riddle (31 December, 1926[7] – 2 May, 1998), later known as Lord Voldemort, was a half-blood wizard and considered to be the most powerful Dark Wizard of all time. He was the son of wealthy Muggle Tom Riddle Sr., and witch Merope Gaunt, who died shortly after childbirth. He was the heir of Salazar Slytherin and was ordered to finish his work. Tom Riddle Sr. left his wife soon after she became pregnant with their son, having been released from the enchantment of a love potion which had started their relationship. Their son, Tom Marvolo Riddle, was born and raised in a Muggle orphanage, but eventually attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (1938-1945) and was sorted into Slytherin house. Tom Riddle was the most talented pupil to ever attend Hogwarts. To the school at large he appeared to be an exceedingly handsome and polite child. In reality, however, Riddle was cruel, arrogant, sadistic, manipulative, psychopathic and megalomaniacal. Having achieved outstanding grades in every examination he took, Riddle left Hogwarts and went on to a brief employment at Borgin and Burkes, before disappearing from public view completely.

Tom Riddle aka Voldemort died on 2nd May 1998 when duelling with Harry Potter in Hogwarts. Nagini was dead at that time, because she was an horcrux. Neville Longbottom decapitated her with Griffindors sword.

Naginis story can also be found in the HP-wiki. There is no hint that she is the snake, Harry met at the Zoo. She is - according to HP W - from Albanian origin.

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

He meant the destroying of Voldemorts body. Not his real death, after all his Hocruxes was gone.

That he dies after dueling with Harry i know, too, so he must have lost his body 1981, right?

That is one creepy picture, lol.  O_o